View Single Post
      01-15-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

The x1 is generally a stable car. Vancouver's winter apart from the recent snowpocalyse is generally rainy. In my previous mazda6 GT I had a set of Continental DWS. They have been super as far as all season goes. Drove it up to Seymour mtn for skiing and these tires were fantastic. Driving down to Washington and Oregon in winter months the DWS just performed. They were subjected to light snow, slush, rain and some ice and we never felt worried. In dry the grip way get free than my previous pirelli pzeros.
Lasted about 60k km before the 'S' in the DWS faded at which time. Heard good things with the michelin as3 when it first came out. A good friend of mine bought a set from Costco. But recent tirerack long term experience seems to indicate declining performance over time. We ended up adding a set of blizzak ws80 for winter months instead.

If you can swing for dedicated winter wheels that would be best else the DWS are the next best thing. With my X1 I am running a dedicated winter set. See my thoughts on them.

Last edited by Gamb1t; 01-15-2017 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0