E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > F30 Loaner/E90 Brake Noise Questions-

01-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
sgtpeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5d M-Sport DHP

F30 Loaner/E90 Brake Noise Questions-

Hey all,

So I did drop my car off for service today. The dealer was unable to replicate the sound my brakes make. How do I get this fixed?! Argh!

Also, for my loaner car they gave me a fully loaded F30 328 Sport line with XDrive. I have to say I did like a lot of features on this car. The heads up display was a nice touch. On the road it felt comfortable and in sport+ it felt pretty quick as well. I will say in comfort mode the steering was like a toy. I will also say the interior materials felt much cheaper than my E90 overall. This really shows in the visors. Seriously they felt cheaper than the visors in a Chevy Cavelier. Why would BMW put hard vinyl visors in a car in this price point?!

Would I consider owning an F30 335? Yes I would. The car is quite large to me, but it was much more comfortable for my clients.
'03 Porsche 996 Turbo X50
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
Sethism
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive Coupe

I've currently got an F30 328i Sport Xdrive loaner while my E92 328i Xdrive is in service. The car is fine, but I do have a few criticisms:

1. The steering feel and weight is nowhere near as good as the E92.

2. The turbo 4 delivers good power in a linear fashion, but still sounds like a 4 cylinder under load. Gas mileage is about 20% better though.

3. The dash design is just awful. It looks like a dozen random pieces joined together by an abnoxious red stripe. I enjoyed the car much more this morning, in the dark, than I did yesterday during the day. Given that the interior is where I spend the most time with a car, this is a major factor.