E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > DRL's (Halos/Rear LED bars) no longer fade on/off

01-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
nish916
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

DRL's (Halos/Rear LED bars) no longer fade on/off

When I first bought the 07 E92, the DRL's (front & rear) used to fade on when unlocking the car and fade off when locking the car. I then replaced the front halo's with LED's and they still worked perfectly. I then had to remove the LED's because they started throwing dash codes and put in some aftermarket H8 bulbs and everything still worked perfectly. Today I put back in some replacement LED's (the same ones I had before) and suddenly neither the rear or the front DRL's fade on or off. Does anyone have any idea's to what would cause this?

UPDATE: The day after I posted this, everything seemed to be back to normal with the DRL's fading in and out. Then the next day, it stopped working again and hasn't worked since. I haven't changed any setting or touched any of the bulbs since it stopped working the first time. Any ideas to why it would suddenly work for a day then stop again?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by nish916; 01-10-2011 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0