XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-29-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
Sulphurman
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 1.8d Xdrive

USB input for COMBOX

Bought a USB input for the COMBOX 2nd input off ebay for less than £10:

Clicky

Pleasantly surprised by the quality and the fact it actually does what I wanted it to.

This simply connects to the 2nd input of the COMBOX (Blue connector) and allows the input to appear selectable on the iDrive screen as the 'snap-in' icon (pic 3).

So the plan is to have an iOS device under the rear mat to play back ALAC files.

I looked into the original OEM cables and connectors, thinking of installing in the armrest, but they were expensive. This one achieves a similar goal and I'll probably make some sort of bracket to hold the player in the boot, kind of like having a CD-changer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
darkrom188.00
qchown0.00
      10-28-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
qchown
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (E84) 20d xDrive

Hi.
I have exactly the same cable and have plugged it in exactly like you have shown (tried plugging a USB pen drive in too), but have no access to the USB in the CIC head unit.

Is there a specific option that needs to be coded for that combox USB port to be active in the CIC head unit?
Appreciate 0