XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #23
apexit4
Captain
Poland
234
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Jos was indeed born in Holland. But Max was born in Belgium and his mother is Belgian (according to Wikipedia). I guess that would make him 50% Belgian and 50% Dutch. He just chooses to race under the Dutch flag.
Sounds about right to me and not connected but must give a tick to the relaunched extremely strong Oranjeboom pilsner
I'll have to seek it out on my next trip to Europe then! Probably wishful thinking but I'm guessing it's not available stateside...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #24
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
I kind of disagree with that statement. It's unsportsmanlike to ignore the celebration. One could argue what Leclerc did was unsportsmanlike as well, but you'd think Vettel would be the bigger man and still celebrate with the team. He supports Ferrari at every turn and never publicly criticizes them. I'd have thought that he would have still celebrated with them considering how big the win was for the team.
That's Hobsons choice but as you say so long as he stays good with Ferrari then things will stay sweet with a hint of aggressiveness from now on between the drivers which the fans will thrive on.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18245
Rep
11,013
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
As far as I know Max is Dutch as his father was born in Holland (Netherlands).
Negative my friend .I've discussed this more than once...
MAX is born and raised in Hasselt (Belgium) Hasselt is 15 min. from my home in Belgium.
His ID, passport and driver license is Belgian . In 2016 he still drove F1 races without driver license and won his first race , because in Belgium age 18 is required to get a Belgian driver license . He got his driver license in Belgium ,because his passport is Belgian .Once again this proves he is Belgian .
My ID , passport and driver license is Belgian . That's why I'm Belgian just like MAX.

F1 Driver Max Verstappen is officially Belgian, not Dutch => https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2015/0...ian-not-dutch/
According Wikipedia => https://www.wikizeroo.org/index.php?...1ZlcnN0YXBwZW4

As we can see in F1 MAX drives with the Dutch flag on his car . Because his *F1 license* is Dutch , just like dad Jos-Verstappen back in time .
Very likely this was done to avoid the insane Belgian taxes on his F1 income/ salary . I can know it , if I had the chance I would do the same !
Actually you/we can see the whole situation as Financial speculation ...
Dad Jos-Verstappen is Dutch and mom Sophie-Kumpen is Belgian .

MAX and the Belgian mom Sophie-Kumpen
Attached Images
  
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #26
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative my friend .I've discussed this more than once...
MAX is born and raised in Hasselt (Belgium) Hasselt is 15 min. from my home in Belgium.
His ID, passport and driver license is Belgian . In 2016 he still drove F1 races without driver license and won his first race , because in Belgium age 18 is required to get a Belgian driver license . He got his driver license in Belgium ,because his passport is Belgian .Once again this proves he is Belgian .
My ID , passport and driver license is Belgian . That's why I'm Belgian just like MAX.

F1 Driver Max Verstappen is officially Belgian, not Dutch => https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2015/0...ian-not-dutch/
According Wikipedia => https://www.wikizeroo.org/index.php?...1ZlcnN0YXBwZW4

As we can see in F1 MAX drives with the Dutch flag on his car . Because his *F1 license* is Dutch , just like dad Jos-Verstappen back in time .
Very likely this was done to avoid the insane Belgian taxes on his F1 income/ salary . I can know it , if I had the chance I would do the same !
Actually you/we can see the whole situation as Financial speculation ...
Dad Jos-Verstappen is Dutch and mom Sophie-Kumpen is Belgian .

MAX and the Belgian mom Sophie-Kumpen
Thank you for putting me right on that.Born in Belgium,Dutch flag just like drivers choosing to live in Monaco and Switzerland
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18245
Rep
11,013
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Thank you for putting me right on that.Born in Belgium,Dutch flag just like drivers choosing to live in Monaco and Switzerland
No problem . And cheers my friend
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #28
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
There is a high risk of the race being cancelled because of forest fires in Indonesia according to reports.Pollution levels are increasing but I hope the race will go ahead though if that's not the case and an early decision is taken to cancel then it would take the pressure of teams not wasting time and money transporting crew and cargo there.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #29
Woots
Second Lieutenant
Woots's Avatar
United Kingdom
79
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: Z4///M Roadster
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portsmouth

iTrader: (0)

Well I doubt the race will be cancelled, we (the teams) are already here and will be building the cars tomorrow as planned 👍🏽
Appreciate 4
tdott929.00
Bartledoo682.50
dtla1341.00

      09-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #30
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
I believe it's because of burning jungles in Malaysia and Indonesia on Borneo to make way for the planting of palm oil trees.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #31
JJH
Captain
JJH's Avatar
Australia
265
Rep
985
Posts

Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I believe it's because of burning jungles in Malaysia and Indonesia on Borneo to make way for the planting of palm oil trees.
Just to set the record straight, Malaysia is not to blame. It is, unfortunately, due to illegal large-scale slash-and-burn practices in the Indonesia provinces in South Sumatra and Kalimantan on Indonesian part of Borneo.The peoples of Malaysia and Singapore suffer from this every year!

That aside, the Singapore GP is one of the best F1 weekends I have experienced. Nothing to do with my RBR pit visit
Attached Images
 
__________________

Last edited by JJH; 09-17-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 10:05 PM   #32
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
401
Rep
966
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Is there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
There is a high risk of the race being cancelled because of forest fires in Indonesia according to reports.Pollution levels are increasing but I hope the race will go ahead though if that's not the case and an early decision is taken to cancel then it would take the pressure of teams not wasting time and money transporting crew and cargo there.
....a weblink to support the high risk of the race being cancelled? It would provide beneficial data for F1.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 01:18 AM   #33
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....a weblink to support the high risk of the race being cancelled? It would provide beneficial data for F1.
Not at this time of writing as far as I know,I'm going on reports I read from other sources.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 03:23 AM   #34
madmax240
Private First Class
69
Rep
122
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

Lucky for Vettle the farmers are burning stuff and creating lots of smoke. he'll need another excuse when he chokes on sunday.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #35
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax240 View Post
Lucky for Vettle the farmers are burning stuff and creating lots of smoke. he'll need another excuse when he chokes on sunday.
All being well with the government allowing the race,how fitting it would be for those who wish VET a bad race for him to win
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #36
apexit4
Captain
Poland
234
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Not at this time of writing as far as I know,I'm going on reports I read from other sources.
I have a feeling there's not much merit to those reports. Woots already confirmed the teams are there and will be starting work on building the cars shortly.

Out of curiosity, what would be the reason for cancelling the race? I understand there's smoke, but is it out of health concerns? Visibility? The only source I saw mentioning this possibility is the DailyMail from the UK and from what I've heard, they aren't the most reputable source for news.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #37
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
I have a feeling there's not much merit to those reports. Woots already confirmed the teams are there and will be starting work on building the cars shortly.

Out of curiosity, what would be the reason for cancelling the race? I understand there's smoke, but is it out of health concerns? Visibility? The only source I saw mentioning this possibility is the DailyMail from the UK and from what I've heard, they aren't the most reputable source for news.
The reason that comes to mind is that the carbon footprint of all the motor racing events over the three days would add to the combined pollution from Singapore and it's surroundings with the jungle burning drifting smoke and those combined effects on the general public around, hence the health warning affecting the old, people with high blood pressure and bad lungs.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:18 AM   #38
apexit4
Captain
Poland
234
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The reason that comes to mind is that the carbon footprint of all the motor racing events over the three days would add to the combined pollution from Singapore and it's surroundings with the jungle burning drifting smoke and those combined effects on the general public around, hence the health warning affecting the old, people with high blood pressure and bad lungs.
I could be wrong on this, but I think the carbon footprint of the racing over the three days would be a drop in the bucket compared to the smoke caused by the burning jungle.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #39
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
I could be wrong on this, but I think the carbon footprint of the racing over the three days would be a drop in the bucket compared to the smoke caused by the burning jungle.
Put it this way, the general smog there with the added burning haze could tip the government into a knee jerk against it in spite of what the RB man says, cars built or not.I certainly hope not but I don't know what that government is like.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #40
apexit4
Captain
Poland
234
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Put it this way, the general smog there with the added burning haze could tip the government into a knee jerk against it in spite of what the RB man says, cars built or not.I certainly hope not but I don't know what that government is like.
I see your point, but I honestly think the risk of that happening is extremely low (even more so if Singapore is footing all or part of the bill to have the GP). I'm sure there would be financial repercussions to a cancellation that would greatly affect the decision (and hopefully sway the decision to keep the race going this weekend).
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #41
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
653
Rep
888
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

looks like it ll be ok..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9109076.html ..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #42
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
763
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Dyson has moved his company there, perhaps he could build a huge air filter
Appreciate 2
yco652.50

      09-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #43
JJH
Captain
JJH's Avatar
Australia
265
Rep
985
Posts

Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Dyson has moved his company there, perhaps he could build a huge air filter
When I was there in July, it was announced Mr Dyson had purchased one of the most expensive penthouse apartments in Singapore - something like S$74 million or about GBP43 million!!
__________________
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #44
Rascasse_M2C
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: VFII Redline Commodore & M2C
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NSW, Australia

iTrader: (0)

A high downforce track, always with the chance of rain due to high humidity. Redbull are expected to shine here.

As such... Verstappen to take his third victory of the year, and are we going to see Albon secure his first podium?!
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST