XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

07-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #23
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
LOL i think bpost is all we've got now for every semi modern BMW or newer with any kind of following, except for the E46. And M3forum for the E46 M3. I don't know what people who own older BMW's like 2002's do for companionship

I was one of the first members of E46fanatics, and returned there when i went back and bought an E46 M3. I couldn't relate to anything, lol.
Hmmm! If you were one of the first members of E46Fanatics, your join date should show "1969" like mine, and you'd be considered one of the OG's. What's your username there?
Harvinator. They's were good times. I often wonder what happened to all of the old crew - I lost touch with the last ones around 2005.

We also had DTMpower back then too...that was a massive forum.

I never made it onto Bimmerfest, but is that where all the Roadfly/bimmer.org regulars ended up? Those guys were more of the purists and thought that we were all dumb kids with stupid mods...the irony of being on that side nowadays never escapes me

And bimmer.org was the true OG forum...man it sucks being able to personally trace BMW forum history to the dawn of the internet
I remember your username. I'm M3Inline6 on Fanatics. Circa 2003-2005 were the golden years on that forum. Everything from the various "crewz" to that damn green Pokémon llama that ran rampant on the forum back then. Off Topic was awesome back then. I'm still a moderator there, so it's good to see the forum still doing well even though Tim sold the website.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #24
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

There's a few little BMW enthusiast pockets around the internet. Recently discovered r3vlimited, an e30 forum, after picked I up my e30. Nice little community!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 03:39 PM   #25
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
A bunch of refugees from roadfly went to X5 World, now Xoutpost. I made great friends there.

I agree, Bimmerfest is dead. I don’t even look there anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 03:41 PM   #26
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
A bunch of refugees from roadfly went to X5 World, now Xoutpost. I made great friends there.

I agree, Bimmerfest is dead. I don't even look there anymore.
Yeah. X5World/XOutpost....that is where we met IIRC.
cmyx6go15695.00
      07-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #27
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
LOL i think bpost is all we've got now for every semi modern BMW or newer with any kind of following, except for the E46. And M3forum for the E46 M3. I don't know what people who own older BMW's like 2002's do for companionship

I was one of the first members of E46fanatics, and returned there when i went back and bought an E46 M3. I couldn't relate to anything, lol.
Hmmm! If you were one of the first members of E46Fanatics, your join date should show "1969" like mine, and you'd be considered one of the OG's. What's your username there?
Harvinator. They's were good times. I often wonder what happened to all of the old crew - I lost touch with the last ones around 2005.

We also had DTMpower back then too...that was a massive forum.

I never made it onto Bimmerfest, but is that where all the Roadfly/bimmer.org regulars ended up? Those guys were more of the purists and thought that we were all dumb kids with stupid mods...the irony of being on that side nowadays never escapes me

And bimmer.org was the true OG forum...man it sucks being able to personally trace BMW forum history to the dawn of the internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Who remembers Roadfly?
Wow this brings back memories. Followed the same path, was on roadfly but hated every minute of it, then e46f when it launched along with the great exodus. Dabbled on dtm power but they all seemed a little too much like no job scumbags so stuck with e46f. I think I had a bimmerfest act but never posted, they were just too stuck up and frankly old in their look on cars. Always felt e46f and it's natural successor, this place, were the best.

I do believe BMW should hire some of us like minded ppl as consultants to give the company a good kick in the ass and remind it what made the brand great..

Thanks for the good memories everyone!
      07-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #28
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Anyone go to Bimmerforums, OT section?

I still ask for the Roadfly discount at Crevier!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0