XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #67
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

^^^

Yeah maybe BMW dont want apple to spy on their cars and thier owners?

I just hope that BMW themself dont spy on BMW owners via BMW assist.

Last edited by Holset; 06-15-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:02 AM   #68
keyalex
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Way to go BMW! Let those who still needs to get it right seek help from outside developers...! Meanwhile show them how it's done with a system of your genuine own and set a new benchmark for everybody else to strive for!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #69
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Please do not put any ios in our cars. Let them stick to what they do.
I dont give a shit that my phone works with my car. As long as it can make and receive a damn phone call its fine. I wouldnt care if my music didnt play.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #70
subgrav
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Sport Wagon

I'm happy if things stay status quo. Like many, all my music is on my iPhone, and I love that I can now plug it in and listen to it through my car.
Even contacts are transferred for my phone. What does it leave? Anything else is just decoration.
I don't have an android, but assume it can work the same way with the current system (anyone confirm?)

So once again, why change something that works. Sure Ferrari may have iOS integrated, but I don't need more than what I already have -
...as long as it keeps working!! If either Apple or BMW change something so it no longer works, then there will be much anger from me!
      06-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #71
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

I use Apple, I like Apple, and would like this integration to happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #72
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

PEOPLE: THIS IS NOT ABOUT SUBSTITUTING IOS to iDRIVE.

BMW is being offered the option to give its customers who are Apple products users the choice.

It will be built in but no one will force the user to put up the iOS UI if they don't want to.

I would like to see BMW make iDrive much faster and reduce the lag to close to 0 sec throughout the system.

I have also used the new iDrive Touch and I have seen no reason to be impressed if you are not inputing Asian characters (which is faster than the controller method because it can narrow down possible matches from the strokes).

Last BMW should think about a way to keep its iDrive system current across car generations and designs via software update, at least to cars from the last 5 year models.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #73
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
yeah exactly. Apple's device interaction concept is completely counter to the BMW iDrive user interaction concept (or any other in-car navigation concept). In-car navigation's main concept is hands free, eyes free, minimum interaction controls. Compared against Apple's user interaction concept of, all eyes, hands, and senses focused on the device and screen.

So why should BMW develop something that goes against all the improvements they made in graphic interface (less sub-menus), touch interface (idrive touch), and voice commands that MINIMIZES physical interaction with the iDrive?

Yeah, that's right, we love the "user experience" so much in BMW, let us drill through 4+ layers of menus to get to anything in iDrive....

And have you used the voice recognition in our cars?
Unless you know the name of the item you need by heart, it won't recognize it. It isn't a natural speech system.

Is it better than MB or some other makes, sure... but look how hard Hyundai of all people is pushing. 2014 and we still can't remote start our engine from the connect app or get a real navigation systems that doesn't suck balls...

Give me Google Now and Google Maps and the iOS look and implementation please.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #74
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Yeah, that's right, we love the "user experience" so much in BMW, let us drill through 4+ layers of menus to get to anything in iDrive....

And have you used the voice recognition in our cars?
Unless you know the name of the item you need by heart, it won't recognize it. It isn't a natural speech system.

Is it better than MB or some other makes, sure... but look how hard Hyundai of all people is pushing. 2014 and we still can't remote start our engine from the connect app or get a real navigation systems that doesn't suck balls...

Give me Google Now and Google Maps and the iOS look and implementation please.
your CiC idrive interface may not be ideal for you today, but it's a continued improvement over the last generation idrive. At the end of the day, iOS doesn't bring any value added items in terms of user interface to iDrive that trumps the cost of further development by the BMW.

So I stand by my theory that iOS is completely counter to BMW's hands-free concept for idrive interface. That, and also iOS will continuely become a smaller market share in in the WORLD in the upcoming years, especially in China the world fastest growing auto market.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #75
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep

Love it when people ignore the arguments (or don't understand them) in a discussion.
They are left with repeating what they already said as if it will make more sense.

A decade ago iDrive might have been the coolest thing but today BMW has fallen behind the curve. Its looks are the best of all makes out there but it doesn't perform very well.

You won't even agree that the nav should be thrown out of the window?
Perhaps you don't use it...
Appreciate 0