XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

11-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #111
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate

Garage List
Question Andream Android 10 Nav upgrade info

A question you left on the product 10.25" Android 10.0 4G+64G Qualcomm Octa-core built-in 4G-LTE IPS Car Interface MultiMedia for BMW X1 E84 2009-2015 GPS navigation Head unit got a new answer.

Your question: i have a 2014 bmw X1 e84 N55 35I ultimate package with factory I drive controller and factory nav in dash screen and factory rear camera
what is the correct model and does this come with all applicable cables? is this the CIC connection? is this the newest android Auto10? OS compatable mirrors of my cell phone correct?

Answer: this unit is compatible with BMW X1 E84 (2009-2015) with original screen / original CIC system. Yes, it comes with all applicable cables, it is CIC connection, it is Android 10.0 system, Please open the EasyConnection app to use screen mirror function, thanks
We hope this answers your question.

It is on the way over now on a jet will document how this goes buying the splitter cable for gps and anything else im missing?

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/

Thank you for asking us!

Judge.me and Andream(US)

i had to order Andream i drive controller as wiring harnesses r different from oem i drive switch , it was confused

now no back up camera , My installer said it wants a code to enter software config to enable oem rear camera?

im reading 1314 as a code?

other pro installer notes saying wiring up aftermarket camera needs a relay installed to power up camera in back?

i posted that link in here somewhere? on this forum about relay install notes

k

Last edited by proteus290; 01-15-2021 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 04:36 AM   #112
flyingvee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hello all.

First Post here after reading and doing some searching on the Andoid install. I got the one from Ali Express, it doesn't let you piggy back the original stereo and doesn't need to use the aux output.

It is all OK, but I cannot get the unit to recognise the steering wheel. It seems all I've plugged in is the normal stereo harness, but don't know what I'd plug in for the steering wheel? My original stereo is still in the car with just the main harness removed, it has three different coloured cables still plugged in along with what looks like an aerial.

Further to this, could I just get a splitter of some sort to keep use of the CD player? I don't mind losing it, and could replace it with a cubby hole, but if I can keep it...

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:12 AM   #113
AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee View Post
Hello all.

First Post here after reading and doing some searching on the Andoid install. I got the one from Ali Express, it doesn't let you piggy back the original stereo and doesn't need to use the aux output.

It is all OK, but I cannot get the unit to recognise the steering wheel. It seems all I've plugged in is the normal stereo harness, but don't know what I'd plug in for the steering wheel? My original stereo is still in the car with just the main harness removed, it has three different coloured cables still plugged in along with what looks like an aerial.

Further to this, could I just get a splitter of some sort to keep use of the CD player? I don't mind losing it, and could replace it with a cubby hole, but if I can keep it...

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
I am willing to help you out a little bit, but you need to post a link to what you bought and tell us what stereo you currently have in your car. Also, a couple pics would help a bit. The unit I installed utilizes an aux cable for audio, but I might be able to assist if you provide a little more information.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #114
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus290 View Post
A question you left on the product 10.25" Android 10.0 4G+64G Qualcomm Octa-core built-in 4G-LTE IPS Car Interface MultiMedia for BMW X1 E84 2009-2015 GPS navigation Head unit got a new answer.

Your question: i have a 2014 bmw X1 e84 N55 35I ultimate package with factory I drive controller and factory nav in dash screen and factory rear camera
what is the correct model and does this come with all applicable cables? is this the CIC connection? is this the newest android Auto10? OS compatable mirrors of my cell phone correct?

Answer: this unit is compatible with BMW X1 E84 (2009-2015) with original screen / original CIC system. Yes, it comes with all applicable cables, it is CIC connection, it is Android 10.0 system, Please open the EasyConnection app to use screen mirror function, thanks
We hope this answers your question.

It is on the way over now on a jet will document how this goes buying the splitter cable for gps and anything else im missing?

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/bmw-e...-instructions/

Thank you for asking us!

Judge.me and Andream(US)
Shanghai to Chicago in 1 day getting closer to delivery day 5 from customs in Shanghai Pudong Airport to Ohare Chicago yea!!

Last edited by proteus290; 12-17-2020 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 10:31 PM   #115
dintrans
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (E84) 2012

Hello everyone!
I'm looking to update the system on the car, but I'm looking for a stock feeling. I have a 2012 X1 without screen and I'm looking to buy the original infotainment, the original screen, the iDrive knob (and the repositioned climate control panel). Maybe even add a connected drive to get apple carplay. I think I can get the main parts for a reasonable price. Does it sound like a reasonable project?
Also I'm worried that I can get the parts but not the cables that connect them.
What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 10:47 AM   #116
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by basstreblevol View Post
New E84 owner here! I purchased the AVIN package and finished my install today. Everything went smoothly with a couple of exceptions...

Installed the backup camera and spliced the wires from my reverse lights. This was working for a couple of hours but just went to start my car again and I'm getting no signal. I'm assuming it's because the camera isn't getting enough power from the reverse lights. I've read through this thread and saw that some people are getting power from another source but I'm not sure how or where to run the cable.

I also purchased a front camera but can't find any instructions/tutorials on installing this. Any help would be appreciated!
i found a installer pro note said a relay should be installed in back up camera wires?

not sure about this yet

k
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #117
MarijoGS
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 S18

Android Setup

Hi guys,
I will hope you will understand my problem.
So I have bmw x1 e84 sdrive and I setup andorid screen but android wont connect with my car computer so i dont know do i need to have some special cabel which connect car computer with android screen. I can use android only to listen music and use apps. But it wont read my car specs or something else.
So if you can help me pls reply.
Ty
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 04:28 AM   #118
blacha12
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: X1 e84

Hello guys,

I'm not able to post new thread but I guess this one is connected to my case.

I purchased around year ago new android head unit and installed it with no problems.
Last week I tried to add aftermarket backup camera to my setup but I faced issue with flashing screen when I put car in reverse gear.

I recorded short video to show the problem:

Some details aboutn the wiring (with photos):
1. power wire from the camera i connected to red wire from RCA cable:

2. ground wire is connected to the screw:

3. power cable is connected directly to the head unit, RCA cable has got red wire which should be connected to camera 12V+

Everything triggers properly when I put cat in reverse gear, I checked the voltage on the power cable and I've got constant 12.7V when engine is on but unfortunately the camera behaviour is always the same.

Does anyone has any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0