XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

12-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #111
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Well best of luck. I don't have sports seats in mine either and its honestly not an issue. The seats are quite comfortable as it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #112
bananabun
Captain
Rep
Drives: E86 M, E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier View Post
How is my LOADED 2014 X1 35i M Sport not sold at $27,900??? These other cars are half the car of the 35 M sport???
I really want your car, and I think it's a great price. However, I have the exact same car (same color, too!) but without heated seats and comfort access. I don't think it's worth the time to get your car and then get rid of mine after that - all just for those two pieces of equipment. Honestly, I could have done a Bourbon roadtrip with the gf and driven back in your car and she wouldn't even know the difference.

And yeah, I wouldn't mention the JB4 for sure. Recently sold my WRX and learned that I got twice the attention after I parted out and returned to stock...over 6 different parts all sold in less than a week, too. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #113
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirsteon View Post
We will most likely pick up vehicle #1 soon. Mrs is waiting on an employment counter offer. One of the CA asshat from vehicle #2 pushed for a deposit midweek and we refused. After almost 10 mins, he hung up on me. They lost a sale after that. Although his boss emailed today asking how his team was doing? I decided to not waste my time replying the arrogant pricks.

We test drove another '13 cpo Sport xdrive 28i today nearby (Silver w/Coral red) to get a better feel of the seats. We liked the seats better however we'll go with #1 despite not having sports seats. It has lesser miles and 3 more months of factory warranty in addition to the glorified cpo warranty. Overall the CA from #1 is more calm and less pushy.

We're not a fan of the red interior plus it has almost 35kmi and the asking price is $32k before fees and taxea.
Anything new on your search/purchase. Interested in hearing the final outcome
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #114
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Anything new on your search/purchase. Interested in hearing the final outcome
Thanks for checking in bucketfoot. Wife still haven't heard back yet. However, I think we need a bit of push to take the final jump into the X1. Over the last week or so, at random times, my wife has sent me urls to other sedans. If you care to know - TLX, Mazda6 2016, and a VW Passat B7 (2016). Yes it is not apples to apples comparison. I suppose wife is just trying tell herself that she doesn't need the cuv/hatch. Either, I'll be sure to update this post the day we make the final jump.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #115
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

The hatch is incredibly useful. So are the 40/20/40 folding seats. So if you ever need to carry anything or go on road trips you will be much much happier with the hatch.

Just my .02
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #116
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
The hatch is incredibly useful. So are the 40/20/40 folding seats. So if you ever need to carry anything or go on road trips you will be much much happier with the hatch.

Just my .02
Yep, my wife was amazed by the amount we were able to load into the X1 and it's way easier to deal with than a trunk. Keep in mind she is already used to what we can put in our Honda Pilot!

She was skeptical about getting a BMW versus something like a Mazda/Honda/Toyota, but is now completely sold. So much so that she has suggested that we need to get our daughter to look at BMW CPOs when she graduates college this coming year.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #117
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yep, my wife was amazed by the amount we were able to load into the X1 and it's way easier to deal with than a trunk. Keep in mind she is already used to what we can put in our Honda Pilot!

She was skeptical about getting a BMW versus something like a Mazda/Honda/Toyota, but is now completely sold. So much so that she has suggested that we need to get our daughter to look at BMW CPOs when she graduates college this coming year.
I have to agree with you both. This is one of the major reasons I am "obsessed" with the X1. We've shopped other similar vehicles (RDX, CX5) and I just kept coming back to the X1. If I wanted just an hatch, I would have gone for Jetta Wagon or CX-5 but I can't get over how handy it will be come the days I need it for storage. It is not exactly the biggest trunk but I think the trunk space might be roomier than say X6 for instance.

I know some owners are of the opinion that it's not the most luxurious in the X -line of BMWs but I couldn't just stand the cheaper plastics and pleather materials used in the CX-5 or RDX for instance. Perhaps it's bias of me since I have my last 2 cars are VWs. I have come to expect some level of luxury (even if it is the cheapest one). The feel of the X1 (despite some claims of cheapness) is still miles better than similar Asian imports.

The other thought on my mind is since it's end of year, may be I should try to push the CAs harder on price to see if that tempts us even harder to make the final jump.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #118
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Being in a snow region your primary price issue right now is the time of the year. You are at the peak of SUV/AWD purchasing season.

I picked mine up before the first snow hit and have seen prices for similar cars increase by $1-2K since.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #119
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirsteon View Post
I know some owners are of the opinion that it's not the most luxurious in the X -line of BMWs but I couldn't just stand the cheaper plastics and pleather materials used in the CX-5 or RDX for instance. Perhaps it's bias of me since I have my last 2 cars are VWs. I have come to expect some level of luxury (even if it is the cheapest one). The feel of the X1 (despite some claims of cheapness) is still miles better than similar Asian imports.

The other thought on my mind is since it's end of year, may be I should try to push the CAs harder on price to see if that tempts us even harder to make the final jump.
I definitely agree here. While the X1 may be the least expensive BMW, it is still a major step up from Honda/Mazda/Toyota. One of the major first impressions to me on my first test drive was how substantial the car felt. Things like there just being a heft to the steering wheel.

Several Subarus were initially high on my list. I loved the size of the XV Crosstrek, but even the premium versions don't have basic luxury items like power seats. I also seriously wanted to like the Forester XT, but it just felt like it lacked any real substance. I was expecting a more stripped down feel, but I really expected a higher level of ruggedness from a Subaru.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #120
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
I definitely agree here. While the X1 may be the least expensive BMW, it is still a major step up from Honda/Mazda/Toyota. One of the major first impressions to me on my first test drive was how substantial the car felt. Things like there just being a heft to the steering wheel.

Several Subarus were initially high on my list. I loved the size of the XV Crosstrek, but even the premium versions don't have basic luxury items like power seats. I also seriously wanted to like the Forester XT, but it just felt like it lacked any real substance. I was expecting a more stripped down feel, but I really expected a higher level of ruggedness from a Subaru.
I agree there. I never considered a Subaru (yes i know they have higher resale values too). I have always told my wife that whoever designed the interiors of Toyota (Camry, Corolla, etc), Subarus, needs to be fired. No offense but I feel as tho the designer of the interiors of these cars is in their mid-50s. No modern design clues whatsoever. The radio dials, the seats, the overall look and feel just doesn't move me by any means.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #121
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

I had a Subaru Impreza wagon before our X1 and loved it. With how great the Impreza handled I was extremely shocked at how poorly the Forester XT handled. When my wife and I got in to the X1 the feel of sturdiness was immediately apparent. The cat handled like a single solid object - no sense of "bend" in the frame, or sloppiness from the suspension. Just immediate reaction and feedback.

We got our car at around 12% off the asking price (dealership and CPO). Mind you it was used (a little over 2 years), this was in August and the car has been sitting with the dealership for 3 months I think. But I imagine you should be able to get close to 10% off.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #122
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
I had a Subaru Impreza wagon before our X1 and loved it. With how great the Impreza handled I was extremely shocked at how poorly the Forester XT handled. When my wife and I got in to the X1 the feel of sturdiness was immediately apparent. The cat handled like a single solid object - no sense of "bend" in the frame, or sloppiness from the suspension. Just immediate reaction and feedback.

We got our car at around 12% off the asking price (dealership and CPO). Mind you it was used (a little over 2 years), this was in August and the car has been sitting with the dealership for 3 months I think. But I imagine you should be able to get close to 10% off.
I don't think the X1's are exactly selling like hot cakes but that's just my observation. All the ones i have been looking at have been in the lot for around 90 days as well. The fact that we aren't even in a rush makes the whole process painless as we are able to walk out on a deal if any dealer pull a classy move (walked on one already after the CA hung up because we refused to put down a deposit). Plus I have done all negotiations via e-mail with the exception of one (NON-CPO dealer). It is somewhat easier negotiating w.o the pressure or some lousy CA trying to pull a fast one.

Either way, the ones we are interested in are about 10-12% priced (msrp) with around 20kmi on it. Currently at around $28k pre-tax and fees. I was even able to get them to half the doc fee from $400 to $150 at some point.

Last edited by xirsteon; 12-15-2015 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 12:58 AM   #123
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

That's great! Online sales aren't really big in my area.

Something else that worked for us was going through all the inventory in all our surrounding dealers and once we decided on a car we came in, test drove it, and told the guy we're ready to put down a deposit but will not go above $XX,000.

Oh and I'm sure you know but just in case - financing is a sales tactic so tell them you're buying cash (your bank would likely give you better deal anyway).
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 04:57 AM   #124
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
That's great! Online sales aren't really big in my area.

Something else that worked for us was going through all the inventory in all our surrounding dealers and once we decided on a car we came in, test drove it, and told the guy we're ready to put down a deposit but will not go above $XX,000.

Oh and I'm sure you know but just in case - financing is a sales tactic so tell them you're buying cash (your bank would likely give you better deal anyway).
Thx. We were preapproved for over 2 months now. As I mentioned, just the last step is what's left.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #125
mcdanielvzw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
One thing many of you may not know is that the Mazda 6 could at one point hold as much or more than many SUVs. I had a 2006, and I could fit a full 10' 2x4 or gutter piece in it with no problem, or a 60" boxed TV - it was a beast for moving things! I even put around 9-12 boxes of 3/4" hardwood flooring in it, which was a small challenge for the rear suspension. The problem (IMO) now is that you can only get it in a I4.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #126
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

They do Mazda 6 wagons? I looked at 06's but plumbed for my 9-3 shaggin wagon instead but had no idea Mazda sold the 6 wagon in 2015.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #127
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Update: Still weighing options here but I have a question. How do you guys feel about the coral red interior? We test drove one and surprisingly the red wasn't as bright as we had expected. It's more dark red than eye sore red. My concern is if it'll become an eye sore considering it'll be a DD.

It's not my wife's first choice but I was considering it because it's Silver/Red and it has the more desired Xenon headlights. I have always prefer the XLine body style but it's hard to find a CPO X1 w/Xline and Xenon lights. Anyway, I wanted to see if members here have the coral red and how they are liking it thus far.

Here's a sample picture compared to what we took during the test drive.

From Dealer site:

Taken using Lumia device:
Attached Images

Last edited by xirsteon; 01-03-2016 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: add pictures
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #128
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep

I don't have it, but I did kind of like it when I saw it.

It wouldn't keep me from buying, now my wife might be a different story
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #129
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I don't have it, but I did kind of like it when I saw it.

It wouldn't keep me from buying, now my wife might be a different story
+1

I actually really like the alpine white with coral red combination but my wife isn't a fan of the red.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #130
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
+1

I actually really like the alpine white with coral red combination but my wife isn't a fan of the red.
My wife isn't big on it either. My fear is over a long period of ownership, this can become an eyesore ...eh overpowering.

Anyway thanks to you both.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #131
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
I just bought a non CPO x1 35i with every option for around 23k, 42k miles. Id say tell that dude to drrrrrrrop.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #132
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
I just bought a non CPO x1 35i with every option for around 23k, 42k miles. Id say tell that dude to drrrrrrrop.
congrats!! do you mind sharing some pictures?
Appreciate 0