XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-21-2019, 08:45 AM   #4225
Bratoner
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Confused why you're bringing it up if you didn't even care to respond. Obviously seems like you're bothered it took her three weeks to notice lol. Seems maybe you weren't worth her time? Idk man I'm just reading between the lines haha
I think that wouldn't be a problem for him. But it is really funny and cool. Especially, after reading this one https://thecompleteherbalguide.com/e...o-psychology/# we all will be able to know about some good results of psychological tests.

Last edited by Bratoner; 06-24-2019 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #4226
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #4227
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

It got damn quiet in here no?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #4228
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #4229
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
It got damn quiet in here no?
Yeah, well....you've been behaving.
MKSixer34171.50
      07-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #4230
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Yeah, well....you've been behaving.
That I have.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #4231
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Did Pickle loose his phone or something?
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #4232
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
That I have.
According to your posts. Real life may be a different story.

*oh right shes probably still reading*

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17872.50
King Rudi13152.00
      07-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #4233
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
According to your posts. Real life may be a different story.

*oh right shes probably still reading*

Shit.....

My life has consisted of work, gym and working on the new car for the past few months. I only post on here in my downtime at work these days.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #4234
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did Pickle loose his phone or something?
I saw on instagram where he went off-roading this past weekend, so no. Twenty-something college student lose his phone??? I'm sure he would be more apt to cut off his left arm.
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
Soul_Glo13282.50
      07-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #4235
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I saw on instagram where he went off-roading this past weekend, so no. Twenty-something college student lose his phone??? I'm sure he would be more apt to cut off his left arm.
aww you guys missed me

and no, both my arms and my phone are still in arms reach. i've just been working then going to car-related events, deleted all the dating apps so absolutely nothing for this thread has happened

the picture is practically me at this point - all female contact i've had until this point in summer has been wife/gf of friends or the cashiers

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.12.04 PM.png
Views: 1029
Size:  49.7 KB
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      07-09-2019, 07:17 AM   #4236
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Just to give this thread a little update.... Things are going well between me and the widow. We're really enjoying spending time with each other and even took a trip to Nashville together a couple of weekends ago.

There have been several discussions about the fact that neither of us feel like we're in a place right now to be truly serious, however. Then she accidentally said "I love you" the other night as we were heading our separate ways after hanging out.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
Soul_Glo13282.50
      07-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #4237
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
Just to give this thread a little update.... Things are going well between me and the widow. We're really enjoying spending time with each other and even took a trip to Nashville together a couple of weekends ago.

There have been several discussions about the fact that neither of us feel like we're in a place right now to be truly serious, however. Then she accidentally said "I love you" the other night as we were heading our separate ways after hanging out.

did you stop or did you pick her up kick the door open and........
Appreciate 7
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
Soul_Glo13282.50
      07-09-2019, 08:22 AM   #4238
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

You were in my territory. I'm about 2 hours from Nashville east on I-40. Glad to hear things are going well!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      07-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #4239
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Yeah, that's interesting, so what did you do then? Pause, turn around, stare at her awkwardly, and then turn back around and leave? Or pretend not to hear her? Or did you say those three little words back?
Appreciate 2
      07-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #4240
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Wait a minute......"accidentally" said I love you? No one accidentally says this. Lots of thought went into this.....from how to say it, when to say it, etc. Especially if it came from the female first. I can assure you, if she said it, it was well planned and thought out for weeks before it was muttered.

I too am curious as to how the rest of the exchange followed. I've been lucky enough to share the sentiment of anyone who has ever said it to me. I mean, how does a person respond to such a thing in the event that the feeling is not mutual?
Appreciate 4
      07-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #4241
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Wait a minute......"accidentally" said I love you? No one accidentally says this. Lots of thought went into this.....from how to say it, when to say it, etc. Especially if it came from the female first. I can assure you, if she said it, it was well planned and thought out for weeks before it was muttered.

I too am curious as to how the rest of the exchange followed. I've been lucky enough to share the sentiment of anyone who has ever said it to me. I mean, how does a person respond to such a thing in the event that the feeling is not mutual?

It's a weird feeling. I remember back when I was dating after my divorce. I went through pretty much all the available women in my town and the next town over.

Had a friend sat me up with my now wife who was from a few hours away. She was the first person I went out with for longer than probably 6 weeks or so. About 6 months into dating, she told me that she loved me.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't tell her the same thing. I also told her she should respect the fact that I could be that honest with her, and didn't want to lead her on. But I said I still wanted to see where things would go.

It was about 6 months after that...I asked her if she remembered telling me that. She said yes...and I told her that I was at that point now, and could say the same to her and actually mean it.

We were married a year later.

Maybe it sounds cruel...but you guys have to know that I actually never planned on getting married again. I had almost 7 years to myself. I learned I could be happy on my own, and didn't need anyone to make me happy.

I had my own nice place, custody of my daughter, a few fun cars....and basically my pick of women in this small town whenever I wanted as I guess at 27-34 years old...they were desperate.

And when you add in the attitude that I had of "I could care less"....it was like I had a magnet drawing them in. I was never mean or rude to anyone....but I let them know up front I was out to have fun and not looking for anything serious.

But I guess they thought they could be the one to change my mind.
MKSixer34171.50
Soul_Glo13282.50
cmyx6go15560.00
      07-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #4242
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
About 6 months into dating, she told me that she loved me.I remember it like it was yesterday. I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't tell her the same thing. I also told her she should respect the fact that I could be that honest with her, and didn't want to lead her on. But I said I still wanted to see where things would go.
wow if I told someone I loved them and they said sorry I would be gone in 60 seconds. you're lucky she stuck around
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
      07-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #4243
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
It's a weird feeling. I remember back when I was dating after my divorce. I went through pretty much all the available women in my town and the next town over.

Had a friend sat me up with my now wife who was from a few hours away. She was the first person I went out with for longer than probably 6 weeks or so. About 6 months into dating, she told me that she loved me.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't tell her the same thing. I also told her she should respect the fact that I could be that honest with her, and didn't want to lead her on. But I said I still wanted to see where things would go.

It was about 6 months after that...I asked her if she remembered telling me that. She said yes...and I told her that I was at that point now, and could say the same to her and actually mean it.

We were married a year later.

Maybe it sounds cruel...but you guys have to know that I actually never planned on getting married again. I had almost 7 years to myself. I learned I could be happy on my own, and didn't need anyone to make me happy.

I had my own nice place, custody of my daughter, a few fun cars....and basically my pick of women in this small town whenever I wanted as I guess at 27-34 years old...they were desperate.

And when you add in the attitude that I had of "I could care less"....it was like I had a magnet drawing them in. I was never mean or rude to anyone....but I let them know up front I was out to have fun and not looking for anything serious.

But I guess they thought they could be the one to change my mind.
Stand up guy right here! You continue to garner respect sir. I don't feel that it is cruel at all how you handled this. It's amazing at how women will give you pretty much anything you want as long as you are honest with them. Well done, but you don't need me to tell you this; the fact that you ended up with the girl says everything.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      07-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #4244
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
wow if I told someone I loved them and they said sorry I would be gone in 60 seconds. you're lucky she stuck around

I completely understand. Now granted....we were seeing each other exclusively at that point. I told her I did have feelings for her, but couldn't tell her that I love her as that would be leading her on.

I told her I was definitely interested in seeing where things may go for us, but could understand if she felt differently.

I think she actually respected me for that as it showed her I wasn't using her. Plus she was a an independent woman who had been on her own for awhile, owned her own house, and successful career before we ever got together.

She had never been married, and I just wanted to make it clear that I took that kind of thing seriously as it would also involve my daughter's life as well....not just myself!
MKSixer34171.50
      07-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #4245
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:

It definitely wasn't that complicated. We had just left a bar after a couple of drinks and some food. I walked her to her car, kissed her goodnight, and she said "Ok, I love you". It was more of an instinctual reaction than an actual "I'm in love with you" kind of thing. The sort of thing you would say to a family member when you hang up the phone.

Edit: My reaction was to turn and look at her quizzingly and smile real big, to which she said "That's not what I meant. I mean, I like you". I just kept smiling and said goodnight.

We've had some pretty good discussions regarding how we both feel and what we're ready and not ready for in this relationship. We've both expressed the fact that we have love for each other, but it isn't at that point yet.

I'm not sure if this clears things up or makes it more confusing.

Last edited by FuzzyPeaches; 07-09-2019 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Added content
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
nyalpine907380.00
bimmette6452.50
      07-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #4246
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
glad to see the boys have rescued themselves out of the ratchet realm. i'll let you guys know if/when i get out as well
Appreciate 0