Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

06-08-2023, 06:54 PM   #1
smount101
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 Xdrive28i

2014 X1 chassis stabilization malfunction

Hwy guys, just changed every suspension component on my 2014 x1 28ixdrive front and back along with lowering springs. Bolted everything back up, started to take it to get aligned and the chassis malfunction code popped up so I pulled back in the driveway. I checked all the wheels speed sensors, cleaned them out put them back. Made sure both of the control arms on the ride height sensors were fastened securely and plugged in and anything else I could think of. Unplugged the battery, took it back out and it came right back on. My steering wheel is a bit out of alignment after the tie rod change, could this have anything to do with the error code? Didn’t want to keep driving it without knowing the cause. Appreciate any help, thanks!

Shane
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 06:21 PM   #2
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

Quote:
Originally Posted by smount101 View Post
Hwy guys, just changed every suspension component on my 2014 x1 28ixdrive front and back along with lowering springs. Bolted everything back up, started to take it to get aligned and the chassis malfunction code popped up so I pulled back in the driveway. I checked all the wheels speed sensors, cleaned them out put them back. Made sure both of the control arms on the ride height sensors were fastened securely and plugged in and anything else I could think of. Unplugged the battery, took it back out and it came right back on. My steering wheel is a bit out of alignment after the tie rod change, could this have anything to do with the error code? Didn’t want to keep driving it without knowing the cause. Appreciate any help, thanks!

Shane
Often this could be the steering angle sensor. You have to make hard turns each way. Google it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 09:00 AM   #3
RandyM4A1
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smount101 View Post

Shane
Quick Way to Reset BMW Steering Angle Sensor
1.Turn the steering wheel to the left and hold it for two seconds.
2.Turn the steering wheel to the right and hold it for two seconds.
3.Turn the steering to the left, then to the right one more time.
4.then bring the steering wheel back to the center.

You know when you lowered your car your suspension geometry changed right ? You need stiffer Shock/Strut/Bushing and Camper Kits to handle the lowered car, I just want to give you an advice, i studied suspension for years.
Appreciate 0