XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

10-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
thungerford
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 28i

Non-idrive music options

Hi guys, new to the X1 and I'm trying to figure out the best way to stream music from my phone onto the non-idrive stereo...

I have seen that some people go with a USB to AUX bluetooth adapter but I would really like to retain the bluetooth calling function built into the radio... Does anyone know if your phone can switch if a call comes in??

I guess my other option is to just use an AUX cable with the dongle for an iphone but it would be a bit annoying having to plug it in every time I enter the car... Let me know what you do to get around this.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
thungerford
Rep

Can anyone chime in? There must be other people out there that want to listen to the music on their phone in non-idrive models...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
zerodrool
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

in my old G37, the navi system had phone functionality but not audio with bluetooth. so it was common to buy an adapter that plugged in to the aux RCA jacks that was for audio only.

thereby allowing your phone to connect to the system for phone and the adapter for audio. your phone, if fairly recent, should be capable of maintaining multiple bluetooth connections.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
thungerford
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodrool View Post
in my old G37, the navi system had phone functionality but not audio with bluetooth. so it was common to buy an adapter that plugged in to the aux RCA jacks that was for audio only.

thereby allowing your phone to connect to the system for phone and the adapter for audio. your phone, if fairly recent, should be capable of maintaining multiple bluetooth connections.
ok maybe I will get one of those adapters and try connecting to the car and adapter at the same time, I have a newer phone (iphone 11) but I did not think it was possible to pair with multiple devices at once.
Appreciate 0