XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-20-2019, 07:32 PM   #45
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
What's funny is that it seems that Ford has decided that any car it will make will henceforth be called a "Mustang".
Perhaps you need to travel outside the U.S..
      11-23-2019, 09:23 PM   #46
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I just saw a commercial during the ASU vs. Oregon game showing a bunch of cool Mustangs. Guess what happened? A dorky EV CUV showed up.

Shameful.
Appreciate 1
SherM4n630.00
      11-23-2019, 10:58 PM   #47
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I just saw a commercial during the ASU vs. Oregon game showing a bunch of cool Mustangs. Guess what happened? A dorky EV CUV showed up.

Shameful.
Cool story.
[IMG]https://da4dkroembtou.cloudfront.net...w-bmw-2-se.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      11-24-2019, 03:21 AM   #48
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4462.00
stein_325i25051.00
      11-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #49
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
New Ford Mustang Mach-E ride review

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/m...-e-ride-review
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #50
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Badge engineering almost always backfire, badly. The badged car sales poorly and stains the brand.

That being said, looks like the number are good on the Mach-E SUV. If they avoid having a 'Ford interior' that could click.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #51
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Can't get over the looks of the nose/grill. The center grill/nose being body colored makes the car look off. On some of the other pics where that area with the Mustang logo is done in black, makes the front end look a whole lot better.

If you're a Star Trek nerd, the pronunciation of Mach E is the same as Maquis (pronounced ma 'ki). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_(Star_Trek)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #52
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

Shameful.
I saw that commercial. Nice to see all the old Mustangs I grew up adoring. My Dad had a '65 Black over red. I was just a tot, but I still remember riding in it and have visuals of it stuck in my head.

I think the purpose of the commercial was to get Mustang fans' attention and then Boom, hit them with a "New Ford Company" pitch but of a company not forgetting it roots(?). That was my reaction to it at least. What I don't get is releasing the hype a year before it will be for sale "in late 2020". Too early IMO. Maybe they are trying to capitalize on the Ford vs. Ferrari movie hype?

Hopefully they'll make a version that is RWD and 300-mile range and high $30,000's in price. I don't really care for a Tesla-like sub 4-second acceleration time; I've had a few motorcycles that could run those times and after about the 5th time you do a pull, you get used to it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-29-2019 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #53
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Badge engineering almost always backfire, badly. The badged car sales poorly and stains the brand.

That being said, looks like the number are good on the Mach-E SUV. If they avoid having a 'Ford interior' that could click.
I'm not seeing this as a badge engineering exercise. Badge engineering usually is up-leveling a lower brand car to luxury-brand marque. I think it's a name engineering exercise at best; I'm just not yet seeing Ford's vision/purpose of that approach.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7505.50
      11-30-2019, 06:47 AM   #54
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Can't get over the looks of the nose/grill. The center grill/nose being body colored makes the car look off. On some of the other pics where that area with the Mustang logo is done in black, makes the front end look a whole lot better.

If you're a Star Trek nerd, the pronunciation of Mach E is the same as Maquis (pronounced ma 'ki). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maquis_(Star_Trek)
At least it has a grille to paint or do something with. The Tesla grille-less front-end theme is not done well IMO. The aftermarket has done some front facia replacements for the Model 3, which vastly improve the duck-beak look.

Maybe Ford should name the "GT" version the Mach E and we can use E 'Stang for the non-performance versions
Appreciate 0