Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

01-02-2021, 11:43 PM   #1
BeingWithBimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 2.8i sDrive

Cold Start Issues - MAF Sensor?

Hello All,

My 2015 X1 (65K miles)is having a cold start issues lately and wanted to get some feedback from the community here as I suspect people may have similar issues in the past. The car starts but has reduced power and shakes a bit. After turning off and starting it for 3-4 times, it starts normally and then I can drive. I have noticed of the car is warmed up, I don’t have any issues. This is been happening for past couple of weeks and Different lights have come on like SES, blank/Orange display, engine malfunction, steering malfunction but SES stayed on. It’s weird because the car drives normal after few starts so I am not sure what is going on.

min my reach on the web, it seems like MAF could be the culprit so I plan to clean it up tomorrow and see if there is any difference. I hate to admit but I haven’t changed any cabin air filters either so plan to do that as well.

since the car is at 65K, I plan to get the spark plugs done sometime soon. The brakes still have life on them but probably the brake fluid is due so might as well get that done sometime this year. Please advice if you have run into similar issue in the past or know what the issue might be possibly. I am attaching the codes for your reference. One of which is for MAF and the other two seem to be for SES but not sure what they mean. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

I have a Foxwell 510 NT elite scanner, and it'd tell me about misfires or where the codes were coming from.

It could be plugs or even coils.

You need more info to self diagnose instead of just codes.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #3
BeingWithBimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0w40X1 View Post
I have a Foxwell 510 NT elite scanner, and it'd tell me about misfires or where the codes were coming from.

It could be plugs or even coils.

You need more info to self diagnose instead of just codes.

I did clean MAF sensor with CRC MAF cleaner and the issue still exists. Cleaned the air filter and cabin air filter for the car and it didn't do it anything as well. I am trying to think its either plugs or coils. I will try to do that next.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
kiloTHREE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 xDrive28i

Check your battery.
These cars do all sorts of weird crap when undervolt.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 07:38 PM   #5
BeingWithBimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloTHREE View Post
Check your battery.
These cars do all sorts of weird crap when undervolt.
I just wanted to update that the new battery resolved the issue! The car drives perfectly fine and starts at a press of a button! Glad that it wasn't anything major. Thank all for your help!
Appreciate 1