XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

08-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
Shineon2020
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sdrive28i

I just got an x1 3 weeks ago and I wanted to change my fog lights from white to yellow, is it as simple as just buying a pair of these and plugging them in??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 06:12 AM   #2
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

For me it was a bit easier to just buy yellow LED bulbs than changing the entire fog lights, as I prefer the clear look over the yellow... it was as easy as changing the LED Bulbs (although in the 3.5i it is a major pain in the ass), code the error codes and for me, as an added bonus, I coded for the fog lights to be on whenever the low and high beams are on.
      09-03-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
orca4wd
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
For me it was a bit easier to just buy yellow LED bulbs than changing the entire fog lights, as I prefer the clear look over the yellow... it was as easy as changing the LED Bulbs (although in the 3.5i it is a major pain in the ass), code the error codes and for me, as an added bonus, I coded for the fog lights to be on whenever the low and high beams are on.

Are you willing to share coding detail for the fog lights to be on when the low beams are on?

For example, Function Value: FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ Change to nicht_aktiv in FRM module for fog lights to be on when HIGH beams are on

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca4wd View Post

Are you willing to share coding detail for the fog lights to be on when the low beams are on?

For example, Function Value: FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ Change to nicht_aktiv in FRM module for fog lights to be on when HIGH beams are on

Thank you in advance.
With bimmercode is super easy, as you don’t have to translate the code, they already did it for you, all you have to do is look for the module that says fog lights with high beams and fog lights on with low beams and put them active.

I used to code the hard way (that’s how I did the alpina mod on the transmission) but this is so much easier!
Appreciate 0