XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

03-10-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
pulsarbg
Rep
Drives: E84

Lightbulb Can low beams be turned off when high beams are ON?

Greetings, fellow BIMMER enthusiasts!

So, I recently installed these ultra-bright headlights on my E84 that I found on Amazon. And well, let's just say that I might have gone a bit overboard with the lumens.

Don't get me wrong, each headlight by itself is perfect for navigating through the dark Canadian roads. But when both the low and high beams are on, the asphalt right in front of me gets so bright that my eyeballs feel like they're going to melt.

I spent a good chunk of change on these lights, not to mention the installation process that involved removing the front bumper and headlight dust boxes. The last thing I want to do is go back to my mechanic and ask him to undo his hard work just because I need less blinding headlights.

So, my dear BMW friends, I turn to you for some help. Is there a way to tweak the car's computer so that the low beams turn off when the high beams are engaged? Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and may your headlights never be too bright!"
Appreciate 0