XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

04-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #1
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate

Garage List
Supersprint E84 N55 Msport exhaust upgrades

Custom built for my X1 E84 N55 almost done coming from Italy, Soon, remove giant BMW Pillow muffler

Tune coming soon ,CTS down pipe install also soon

K
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
toejam
Rep
Drives: 2015 E84 35i

Noice! is this the same one found on their site here?

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bm...t-oo80.aspx#!/
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 03:31 PM   #3
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Supersprint fab time M sport Bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toejam View Post
Noice! is this the same one found on their site here?

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bm...t-oo80.aspx#!/

yes same exact item , ordered thru supersprint Italy and paid thru Turner Motorsports USA

they began fab within days should be complete ready to ship maybe been a month

Also got invite to go to their shop in Italy to visit also.

M sport bumper and BMW option package has a specific part number, fitment confirmed thru VIN and build sheet for exact fitment.

mid pipe maybe later? have CTS Down pipe allready to install also.

k
Appreciate 1
toejam0.00
      05-03-2021, 11:43 PM   #4
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
magnum tuning O2 simulator for cel light

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus290 View Post
yes same exact item , ordered thru supersprint italy and paid thru turner motorsports usa

they began fab within days should be complete ready to ship maybe been a month

also got invite to go to their shop in italy to visit also.

M sport bumper and bmw option package has a specific part number, fitment confirmed thru vin and build sheet for exact fitment.

Mid pipe maybe later? Have cts down pipe allready to install also.

K

Magnum Tuning 02 simulator
BMW X1 O2 Sensor Eliminator MAGNUM Adjustable Oxygen Sensor Simulator
Specific photo for BMW X1 Adjustable Oxygen Sensor Simulator# 661
Customer Rating:
(5/5)229 reviews Write a review
Price with FREE SHIPPING
$114.99
IN STOCK
Ships within 4 business hours
Qty

Research item of interest,

SELECT FITMENT:

BMW X1 3.0 liter 2014
Fitment with Options
SPECS - W. THEORY
INSTALL / MANUAL
HIGH NOTES / Tips
TECH-TRAINING

Product Details
BMW X1 Adjustable Oxygen Sensor Simulator Heated Oxygen Sensor SimulatorA popular alteration amongst performance enthusiasts is to remove the catalytic converter or to install aftermarket header, to free the performance. OBD-II vehicles are fitted with 2 up to 4 exhaust oxygen sensors. The precat o2 sensor controls the fuel management system, and the downstream monitors cat function. When aftermarket headers are installed or catalyst converters are gutted, a catalyst efficiency below threshold error code is triggered indicating that catalytic converter is missing or not functioning properly. The modified engine produces a larger amount of exhaust gases than allowed. You do not want to drive with a constant engine management warning light, and your BMW X1 will not pass emissions inspection in some states and countries with an illuminated service light. The only solution is to wire up BMW X1 O2 simulator to the exhaust oxygen sensor’s harness to mimic the lambda sensor. It provides the Electronic Control Module with mimic, fluctuating voltage signal and fools the Electronic Control Module into thinking the emission is normal. This BMW X1 oxygen sensor simulator allows you to drive without cats and still keep the service engine soon light off.
This O2 sensor simulator eliminates 1 up to 4-wire narrowband exhaust o2 sensors only.

PLEASE READ NOTES:

 This O2 Sensor Simulator is compatible with 1 up to 4-wire zirconia narrowband type oxygen sensor
systems only. It will not eliminate 5 or 6-wire Wideband, Titania or 4-wire 3-Volt wideband oxygen sensors.
Uncertain which part to pick? Contact our Tech Support.
 O2 Sensor Simulator is adaptable to either up- or downstream oxygen sensor post.
 Dual exhaust with two post oxygen sensors requires 2 up to 4 units.
 In case of conventional multiple upstream / downstream - O2 sensor OBDII control system, the unit plugs
into the post - aftercat sensor's harness. (Upstream simulator might be required.)
 The difference between front and post sensor’s voltage is also monitored. If deviation is excessive, an error
code might be triggered on the downstream pier, even though the issue is not caused by the downstream
sensor. Upstream sensor also can be slow or stuck, so downstream sensor has to be in mint condition.
 Aftermarket header ruins the upstream oxygen sensor signal. In case of header or any upstream sensor
related malfunction the upstream sensor has to be eliminated as well.
 Flat catalytic converter gutting or plain-tube decats will spoil low- and mid-end torque hence ruined engine
flush due to inadequate exhaust back pressure and higher block temperature thus valves, cylinder head and
other engine parts are constantly being exposed to undesired extra heat. True enough, maximum
horsepower increases it still pertains to a higher RPM which perishes dynamic kick out acceleration
throughout the RPM range, mostly on automatic vehicles, therefore to save money on fuel and enhance low
and mid-end torque, highly recommended to install a reliable Decat.
 Plain decatting is judged unprofessional among serious tuners and enthusiasts.
 Although the simulator makes you enable to adjust the air fuel ratio within a certain range, basically it is
not intended to remap the fuel trim. If you are about to override the factory lean fuel programming or you
want to optimize the potential of your exhaust upgrade, feel free to check out our fuel controllers .
 Oxygen sensor eliminator has to be powered on ignition feed DC 12V. Never connect hot wire
to constant battery voltage. This wiring may lead to battery drainage also may fry the circuit.
 Emission test result depends on the criteria of your local emissions inspection. Simulator is neither
supposed to improve emissions spoiled by an aftermarket pipe or any other upgrade, nor restore factory
emissions required for a smog inspection. It is solely intended to help you get rid of ECU safe mode
triggered by check engine light issue. It will not allow you to preserve factory emissions level. Simulator
tricks the computer delivering mimicked signal is accepted by the ECU but it can’t purify the fume
electronically. Cat is intended to attain that physically. Even though restoring of ECU to normal mode from
safe mode improves emissions partially, if converter is gutted, worn or defective, original emissions can be
preserved by no means.
 The simulator is waterproof but not submersible.
 The simulator’s voltage signal is set to factory 0.9…0.95V top voltage. Don't adjust signal related screw#1
until CEL issue is resolved. Basically screw#1 should not be dialed unless you want to modify air fuel ratio.
We don't bear responsibility for CEL shut down, if signal is not set to the top voltage above.
 Color response chart refers to sensor-side colors.
 This is a racing part. Oxygen Sensor Simulators are not CARB Approved, and are never to be used
on Pollution Controlled Vehicles or on Public Highways in those states and countries simulators are
prohibited. Customer agrees and takes responsibility NOT to install the Oxygen Sensor Simulator in order to
 pass federal or other emission test or to treat check engine light also referred to as CEL/MIL issues. In
those states like California, where they inspect the oxygen sensor signal and conduct rigorous emissions
tests, you cannot pass the test with a simulator wired up. The ECU readiness error is not treated by this
simulator.

Name:  O2_sensor_bypass.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  oxygen_sensor_elimination_diagram.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  84.0 KB

Last edited by proteus290; 05-03-2021 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
chance91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335d

Quote:
Magnum Tuning 02 simulator
Specific photo for BMW X1 Adjustable Oxygen Sensor Simulator# 661
Customer Rating:
(5/5)229 reviews Write a review
Price with FREE SHIPPING
$114.99
IN STOCK
Ships within 4 business hours
Qty

Research item of interest,

SELECT FITMENT:

BMW X1 3.0 liter 2014
Fitment with Options
SPECS - W. THEORY
INSTALL / MANUAL
HIGH NOTES / Tips
TECH-TRAINING

Product Details
BMW X1 Adjustable Oxygen Sensor Simulator Heated Oxygen Sensor SimulatorA popular alteration amongst performance enthusiasts is to remove the catalytic converter or to install aftermarket header, to free the performance. OBD-II vehicles are fitted with 2 up to 4 exhaust oxygen sensors. The precat o2 sensor controls the fuel management system, and the downstream monitors cat function. When aftermarket headers are installed or catalyst converters are gutted, a catalyst efficiency below threshold error code is triggered indicating that catalytic converter is missing or not functioning properly. The modified engine produces a larger amount of exhaust gases than allowed. You do not want to drive with a constant engine management warning light, and your BMW X1 will not pass emissions inspection in some states and countries with an illuminated service light. The only solution is to wire up BMW X1 O2 simulator to the exhaust oxygen sensor’s harness to mimic the lambda sensor. It provides the Electronic Control Module with mimic, fluctuating voltage signal and fools the Electronic Control Module into thinking the emission is normal. This BMW X1 oxygen sensor simulator allows you to drive without cats and still keep the service engine soon light off.
This O2 sensor simulator eliminates 1 up to 4-wire narrowband exhaust o2 sensors only.

PLEASE READ NOTES:

 This O2 Sensor Simulator is compatible with 1 up to 4-wire zirconia narrowband type oxygen sensor
systems only. It will not eliminate 5 or 6-wire Wideband, Titania or 4-wire 3-Volt wideband oxygen sensors.
Uncertain which part to pick? Contact our Tech Support.
 O2 Sensor Simulator is adaptable to either up- or downstream oxygen sensor post.
 Dual exhaust with two post oxygen sensors requires 2 up to 4 units.
 In case of conventional multiple upstream / downstream - O2 sensor OBDII control system, the unit plugs
into the post - aftercat sensor's harness. (Upstream simulator might be required.)
 The difference between front and post sensor’s voltage is also monitored. If deviation is excessive, an error
code might be triggered on the downstream pier, even though the issue is not caused by the downstream
sensor. Upstream sensor also can be slow or stuck, so downstream sensor has to be in mint condition.
 Aftermarket header ruins the upstream oxygen sensor signal. In case of header or any upstream sensor
related malfunction the upstream sensor has to be eliminated as well.
 Flat catalytic converter gutting or plain-tube decats will spoil low- and mid-end torque hence ruined engine
flush due to inadequate exhaust back pressure and higher block temperature thus valves, cylinder head and
other engine parts are constantly being exposed to undesired extra heat. True enough, maximum
horsepower increases it still pertains to a higher RPM which perishes dynamic kick out acceleration
throughout the RPM range, mostly on automatic vehicles, therefore to save money on fuel and enhance low
and mid-end torque, highly recommended to install a reliable Decat.
 Plain decatting is judged unprofessional among serious tuners and enthusiasts.
 Although the simulator makes you enable to adjust the air fuel ratio within a certain range, basically it is
not intended to remap the fuel trim. If you are about to override the factory lean fuel programming or you
want to optimize the potential of your exhaust upgrade, feel free to check out our fuel controllers .
 Oxygen sensor eliminator has to be powered on ignition feed DC 12V. Never connect hot wire
to constant battery voltage. This wiring may lead to battery drainage also may fry the circuit.
 Emission test result depends on the criteria of your local emissions inspection. Simulator is neither
supposed to improve emissions spoiled by an aftermarket pipe or any other upgrade, nor restore factory
emissions required for a smog inspection. It is solely intended to help you get rid of ECU safe mode
triggered by check engine light issue. It will not allow you to preserve factory emissions level. Simulator
tricks the computer delivering mimicked signal is accepted by the ECU but it can’t purify the fume
electronically. Cat is intended to attain that physically. Even though restoring of ECU to normal mode from
safe mode improves emissions partially, if converter is gutted, worn or defective, original emissions can be
preserved by no means.
 The simulator is waterproof but not submersible.
 The simulator’s voltage signal is set to factory 0.9…0.95V top voltage. Don't adjust signal related screw#1
until CEL issue is resolved. Basically screw#1 should not be dialed unless you want to modify air fuel ratio.
We don't bear responsibility for CEL shut down, if signal is not set to the top voltage above.
 Color response chart refers to sensor-side colors.
 This is a racing part. Oxygen Sensor Simulators are not CARB Approved, and are never to be used
on Pollution Controlled Vehicles or on Public Highways in those states and countries simulators are
prohibited. Customer agrees and takes responsibility NOT to install the Oxygen Sensor Simulator in order to
 pass federal or other emission test or to treat check engine light also referred to as CEL/MIL issues. In
those states like California, where they inspect the oxygen sensor signal and conduct rigorous emissions
tests, you cannot pass the test with a simulator wired up. The ECU readiness error is not treated by this
simulator.

Attachment 2595591

Attachment 2595592
What tune do you plan on running?

If using MHD, this is not necessary.

Since it doesn't defeat readiness errors anyway, no additional benefit.

The exhaust looks very nice, I bet its loud though
Not for me but it looks gorgeous. You still should have another midpipe cat If I'm not mistaken, last restriction there.

What other plans you have for the car?
2005 MX-5 LS swap
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 11:20 PM   #6
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X1 White n55 ultimate package car

have MSD super license ready to install have issues with upload. dcan cable worked on trans flash, dosnt like my setup, do not want to brick it need help in Austin with it

supersprint exhaust sitting in garage to take to muffin shop for install maybe next week need to uncouple exhaust T and remove phone cradle junk.

midpipes are not in the budget yet

downpipe also CTS ready to install

XHD trans reprogram is installed nice upgrade shifts perfect did mechatronic sleeves, and trans oil flush and valve body service

oversized FMIC Allready installed

android head unit needs android audio guru or someone to help me finish setup ,

just rebuilt key fobs this weekend

fresh tires soon

car has been reworked by me

still a list of things to be done

k

engine runs perfect needs exhaust and tune soon
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
toejam0.00
      08-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
chance91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335d

Quote:
have MSD super license ready to install have issues with upload. dcan cable worked on trans flash, dosnt like my setup, do not want to brick it need help in Austin with it

supersprint exhaust sitting in garage to take to muffin shop for install maybe next week need to uncouple exhaust T and remove phone cradle junk.

midpipes are not in the budget yet

downpipe also CTS ready to install

XHD trans reprogram is installed nice upgrade shifts perfect did mechatronic sleeves, and trans oil flush and valve body service

oversized FMIC Allready installed

android head unit needs android audio guru or someone to help me finish setup ,

just rebuilt key fobs this weekend

fresh tires soon

car has been reworked by me

still a list of things to be done

k

engine runs perfect needs exhaust and tune soon
With your MHD, what issue specifically did you have? I would contact MHD support first.

However, I had a few issues that may be similar with my install. Did you try flashing stage 0 first to see it that would work? Initial tune takes quite a time, make sure you have it hooked up to a charger. Swamping tunes is easier.

My main problem was uploading Stg II+ (which I assume you'll run) with certain options checked. Try loading stage 0 without any options (burble, startup roar, etc) and see if it takes it. Otherwise, I'd contact MHD.
2005 MX-5 LS swap
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 02:09 AM   #8
Shock96
That was a hell of a thing...
Rep
Drives: 2013 xDrive 35i M Sport

Curious on how this all worked out. Supersprint no longer has it on their website.
Appreciate 0