XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #1
bkfastwagon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

New X1 owner

We finally purchased a 2015 X1 35i with 30k mile from a bmw dealership. This is a car for my wife but I would be driving it as well hence 35i While the newer cars we looked at like the Volvo xc40 and Audi Allroad had some really nice gadgets, I thought e84 x1 beat them with driving dynamics and steering feel. For half the price of newer cars, it was a no brainer.

One negative I have to mention: 150 mile drive home was uneventful but once we arrived home noticed that the top right corner windshield molding had popped out. Unbelievable! Is this a common defect in x1s? I wouldn't think so.

Otherwise looking forward to the ownership
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #2
Chicone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 X35i M-SPORT

Congrats! Perhaps the windshield was replaced at some point? Assuming you bought it CPO, or it may still have a bit of factory warranty left. Warranty on mine goes for another month, but I’m not planning to extend it. I just have the carfax so it would be nice to have a full maintenance history. 44k on mine.

2015 BMW X1 35i MSport // BMS Intake
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #3
05X3lover
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 Dark Gray X1 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
We finally purchased a 2015 X1 35i with 30k mile from a bmw dealership. This is a car for my wife but I would be driving it as well hence 35i While the newer cars we looked at like the Volvo xc40 and Audi Allroad had some really nice gadgets, I thought e84 x1 beat them with driving dynamics and steering feel. For half the price of newer cars, it was a no brainer.

One negative I have to mention: 150 mile drive home was uneventful but once we arrived home noticed that the top right corner windshield molding had popped out. Unbelievable! Is this a common defect in x1s? I wouldn't think so.

Otherwise looking forward to the ownership
Older thread I know but thought I would ask: how's your X1 doing so far?
We got my wife a '15 about 1 year ago with 55K miles on it. We got a great price on it, a no-brainer as you said. We've only put around 5K miles on it so far due to having not sold my wife's previous vehicle, so not a lot of experience with it yet. But we've had the oil changed, and the transmission fluid changed, too - don't believe BMW's lifetime transmission fluid BS, it needs to be changed like any other fluid.

Anyway ours drives beautifully, very solid and handles like a sports car - like all BMWs. We're hoping to get many years out of it. My wife's previous vehicle - which we just sold - was an '05 X3, which was a fantastic vehicle. We hated to sell it but at 244K miles I was afraid it would start incurring too many repair bills as it was aging, so we chose to replace it. We both liked the X1's we'd seen so decided to find a nice used one. So far so good.
Appreciate 0