Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

10-18-2023, 02:30 PM   #1
Bolhaboy
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Bavsound vs AlphaOne audio upgrades?

Hi all,

So I was curious which of these setups is better for our car? I have the base hi-fi system on my X1. I reached out to both support teams trying to figure out if the speakers/subs were compatible with an aftermarket amp because I have an aftermarket Hertz Amp and 10s in the trunk. Bavsound told me they do not warranty the speakers with an aftermarket amp, which is kind of a non-answer, and then the BimmerTech guys also gave me a non-answer, that they offer an amp of their own. So I guess a follow-up question to the first one, Does anyone run either of these systems with an aftermarket amp?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 09:37 AM   #2
chance91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335d

For the front anyway, I run a nice generic 4" speaker. You need to modify the mounting but it's not difficult. Just drill a few holes in the door card and held in with screws from hardware store.

What you need to be careful for is depth and protrusion of the speaker. I run these specifically. Personally, I would choose whatever 3.5/4" you want, ensure it fits, and run that vs bav sound. You may be stuck with one of their amps though, few fit the bmws.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Running those speakers and they work really well for my system. Simple, not overpowered
Appreciate 0