Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
DarrenBM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d xDrive SE

Finally bought!

Hi,
After posting a message here now again over the past year or maybe two I have finally decided to buy one. Picking up my new(to me) Nov 2011 XDrive 2.0d later this week. It was a hard decision partly as it's not the type of car I would usually buy, at least historically. I went on and off the idea. This year I looked again at the X1, new 1 series and even E92 3 series. Finally I decided to just buy the X1 which gives me the best of many worlds. They look good, can look fairly sporty, drives like a 3 series but has the space and ground clearance and also 4wd to be a brilliant all rounder. I had one as a courtesy car a year ago and found it to be a great car

I'll likely be covering many miles in this car and want to keep this car for many years. My current car (a Z4 M!) is of course very different. I shall miss the Z4 M but know I will soon adapt to what the X1 can offer me, and especially that much needed rear space.

The car is in Space Grey and has the following options:

18" Y-spoke style 322 light alloy wheels
Black trim. high-gloss
BMW Assist
BMW Assist online portal
Comfort package
Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionali
Ext. mirrors - folding. auto dimming
Exterior trim. High-gloss Shadowline
Leather interior
Metallic paint
Navigation System Business
Car has covered a little over 3200 miles.
Ideally I wanted sports seats and xenons but very hard to find the exact spec unless buying new. So after trying it for size and comfort I decided this was my choice.

Darren

Last edited by DarrenBM; 09-02-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

Welcome to the club, much the same spec as mine but I have a polished silver trim..still loving it
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
DarrenBM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d xDrive SE

Thanks,
Car now collected. First thoughts - perfect for what I now need . Has heated seats too which I never realised before, must be part of the comfort pack? Also has cruise control, again I assume part of the comfort pack (as it was not listed under the options when viewng the car). Wasn't bothered about either of these but being there is a bonus.
Only driven it 7 or so miles across town so far but very comfortable. I wanted sports seats originally but the non-sports seats are fine.

Battery warning light came on when I was at the dealers when we paired my phone with the car(with engine off) - it's not seen much use so will be taking it for a few decent drives over the weekend and then hopefully on a 400 mile round trip in a few weeks time.

Despite a complete change of type of car I'm very happy with the X1.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Welcome on board. I'm often in Berkshire (Reading & Caversham) so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I too wanted the sports seats, but trying to find them in a decent spec'd 18d Sdrive was impossible. Standard are Ok, but not too good after 3 hours or so in the car. I got stuck on the M25 this week for over 2 hours in stop/start traffic and they got uncomfortable, but not unbearable.

J.

Last edited by fdpxfunix; 09-07-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Congrats! I miss my z4m too but I'm sure you'll be enamored with all the new found abilities of the x1 that's not limited to hooliganism

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0