XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

05-19-2020, 03:35 AM   #23
AndrewMBaines
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Black

VW are still on my never-again list. My wife had 3 Golfs (MK 4-6).
MK 4 had major engine fail (something that doesn't get serviced) on the night before trade-in. VW weren't interested.
MK 5 was OK until the head gasket started to leak - cleaned up and traded in quick.
MK 6 was a disaster from start to finish. Rear door wasn't fitted correctly, so supports bent. Garage bodged the repair three times. Then the wipers would come on at random. Air conditioning became erratic. Soft touch plastic soon rubs off. Bits of trim fell off. Traded in for a Volvo C30 before the warranty expired. Still miss the C30.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 02:16 PM   #24
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

My friend has one and it's quite nice. I find the interior trim quality is better than my X1.
Resale value for the X1 aren't great. I think there's decent resale value for the Golf R because it's a limited production car.

I'd pick the Golf R if I am young, multi-carless, kidless, dogless, home DIYless, outdoor-less person. Then again if I am that, I'd get a m235i.
Appreciate 0