09-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
rob_378
HongKongX1
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i SPORT

X1 sdrive18iA transmission problems

Hi all,

Just wandering if I'm the only unlucky X1 owner with transmission problems? I own an sdrive18 (6 speed auto, 2011 model).

My car has travelled a mere 17,000km and has been towed three times for transmission related problems. Each time it began wth a feeling of some slipping between gears during normal driving in D. All three times an amber warning light came on together with the transmission shifting only from 1st gear at about 5,000rpm to 3rd gear, with no other gear changes possible. DS and sports shift also not possible. Finally at destination, reverse was also unable to be engaged.

Mechatronics and programming/encoding control unit was finally replaced after the 3rd time the car was towed. When the car was given back to me I noticed that the operation of the gear selector was very stiff. Reverse engaged with a delay and a kick into gear.. And the shifting between N, D and P is not smooth at all.. It seriously feels like an old truck!

After returning the car to get it checked,I was told that this was normal! Has anyone else experienced such problems?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
Appreciate 0