XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

06-14-2020, 09:00 PM   #23
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Ideally BMW extends the N20 warranty and I don't have to worry about it. But I don't really want or need something bigger than the X1, which is why I like the idea of something like the BRZ/86.
      07-17-2020, 07:34 PM   #24
vmario
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Received the FTP package, Boost Pipe, Charge Pipe and waiting on intake pipe from ECS was on sale for the E84 N20.

Installed the Charge Pipe it was tough that clip/clamp took a while to figure out the one connecting to the intercooler. Ended up having to install the bottom portion first and feel the clamp back into the slot. Took a few tries on a hot day was sweating bullets but was so happy to get it installed correctly.

Drove to test, floored it feels the same. Happy with the stronger components.

Will try the Boost Pipe tomorrow looks like there is less space to maneuver.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 07:59 PM   #25
citizenboyo
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E84 28i X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmario View Post
Received the FTP package, Boost Pipe, Charge Pipe and waiting on intake pipe from ECS was on sale for the E84 N20.

Installed the Charge Pipe it was tough that clip/clamp took a while to figure out the one connecting to the intercooler. Ended up having to install the bottom portion first and feel the clamp back into the slot. Took a few tries on a hot day was sweating bullets but was so happy to get it installed correctly.

Drove to test, floored it feels the same. Happy with the stronger components.

Will try the Boost Pipe tomorrow looks like there is less space to maneuver.
Might have to get under the car for the boost pipe, it was how I disconnected it at first before bringing it to a shop.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #26
vmario
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenboyo View Post
Might have to get under the car for the boost pipe, it was how I disconnected it at first before bringing it to a shop.
Yeah that was after a few hours, was about to just take it in and called my local BMW dealership and they just pretty much read their script in regards to aftermarket parts. Then continued trying and got it installed.

That is helpful i will try to drive it on some ramps to get some clearance and remove that engine shield. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #27
citizenboyo
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that was after a few hours, was about to just take it in and called my local BMW dealership and they just pretty much read their script in regards to aftermarket parts. Then continued trying and got it installed.

That is helpful i will try to drive it on some ramps to get some clearance and remove that engine shield. Thank you
Its a mixture of both ontop of the car and under though, the side connected to the engine you have to attack from both top and bottom to get the clip off.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #28
vmario
Rep

Quote:
Its a mixture of both ontop of the car and under though, the side connected to the engine you have to attack from both top and bottom to get the clip off.
Any guidance on aftermarket headlights? ordered these recently was thinking of just getting them installed at an audio shop. But if its doable i can just give it a try.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33015899580.html
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #29
vmario
Rep

its a hotter than yesterday 97° hopefully i can install this evening when its less hot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #30
citizenboyo
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
its a hotter than yesterday 97° hopefully i can install this evening when its less hot.
Are you not going to move it into your garage?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #31
vmario
Rep

Quote:
Just have the driveway for parking. Instead of garage have a deck, although garage would be useful.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 02:34 PM   #32
citizenboyo
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just have the driveway for parking. Instead of garage have a deck, although garage would be useful.
That sucks, good luck with the boost pipe!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #33
vmario
Rep

Mission accomplished! After several hours was able to get installed. In hindsight definitely easier to clip on the bottom after removing the shield.

Had to install in portions there really wasn't much space to maneuver the pipe.

I hope the intake pipe ends up being much easier from photos it looks like the entire pipe screws on from one end. Will try installing from top side when it arrives.

So boost pipe and charge pipe done.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #34
citizenboyo
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Mission accomplished! After several hours was able to get installed. In hindsight definitely easier to clip on the bottom after removing the shield.

I hope the intake pipe ends up being much easier from photos it looks like the entire pipe screws on from one end. Will try installing from top side when it arrives.

Turbo inlet is pretty simple in my opinion, just taking off the vacuum lines are the hardest part, it wrecks my fingers everytime Ive dealt with the vacuum lines on bimmers
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #35
bearhugs
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 E84

Quote:

Looks nice!
Came here looking for x1 inlet/boost/charge pipe articles because getting error codes 2c57 and 2906.
Is that why you are changing the pipes?
I saw on e90 post someone with these post changed his charge pipe because it was cracked. Solenoid too but said didn't do anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 09:34 AM   #36
bearhugs
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 E84

Quote:
I just recieved my kit in the mail, and right now, I'm trying to put on the charge pipe, and the c clamp? So basically, i've pushed d twisted it and thats how far it goes, wont budge to go into the slot either, and the clamp cant even lock it in place because it doesnt go far enough. Has anyone had this issue, and or how would I go about solving this? I've tried to use water as a lube for the o ring to maybe see if that was the issue. It wasnt.
Thanks for creating this thread.
I got 2c57 and 2906 error codes and saw e90post someone changed a cracked charge pipe.
Is this why you're changing it?
Do you still have an x1?
Do you have timing chain problems? How do you know?
I have a 2012 x28i n20 with 155K kms and some whining noise and just the error codes above.
Thanks
Appreciate 0