Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBimmerX1 View Post
Quote:
The new update has 1.6 maps and the weird throttle issue seems to be totally resolved in my car so far. Will continue testing but really nice update. I encourage everyone to try it.
Does idle feel normal with the update? Throttle and idle were both off with the previous one for me. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBimmerX1 View Post
Quote:
The new update has 1.6 maps and the weird throttle issue seems to be totally resolved in my car so far. Will continue testing but really nice update. I encourage everyone to try it.
Does idle feel normal with the update? Throttle and idle were both off with the previous one for me. Thanks

Yes it feels normal with power increases now. No more throttle issues at least on my car it's resolved.
Just wanted to follow up and see how you're liking the flash after a few months. Thinking of giving it another go
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #24
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i xDrive 2013

I'm on MHD 1+ and everything seems smooth with the last few updates by MHD (experienced minor throttle surging before). I've also had the valve cover replaced about 2 months ago (oil leaking), not sure if that made a difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #25
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Loving it. Stage 1+ but warranty is up now. Downpipe and intercooler for stage 2+ eventually. Also just had oil analysis done and it came back motor in great shape.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #26
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

You guys running 1+ with OEM intercooler and downpipe?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #27
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
HF catted DP and evo 1 wagner intercooler (i think it's a 5 or 5.5 in). I probably should be on stage 2+
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2020, 06:47 AM   #28
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Yup

Will add ic and downpipe eventually for stage 2+
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #29
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep

On MHD Stage 2+ I get extra codes that don't come up on Stage 2 or 1+. The 352A I see the on the MHD thread from e90post - TwistedTuning replied and said just to reflash the map to make 352A go away. I switch maps a little too frequently playing with settings and it seems the 352A always shows up eventually on 2+. I don't notice anything different when the code pops up but I might not be sensitive enough to feel if there is an issue. I've flashed back to stage 2 (HF DP / 5" IC) and will monitor if these codes pop back up.

MHD shows:
352A Protection against tampering: Engine performance too high

BimmerLink shows:
C920 PT-CAN MESSAGE (ID 1A0, SPEED VIA PT-CAN)
C921 PL2: SERVOTRONIC MOTOR DATA / PL4: ELECTR. VOLUME FLOW
C922 PT-CAN MESSAGE (ID C4, STEERING WHEEL OVER PT-CAN)
Appreciate 1
darkrom186.50
      12-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #30
abbike18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Anyone here move from Dinan stage 2 (on the 35i) to one of the MHD tunes? If so - which MHD tune did you move to and how would you compare it to the Dinan Stage 2?
      12-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #31
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Nothing really relevant to add... but... I Just installed a VRSF downpipe, charge pipe and BMS intake with a JB+... I don't think I'll add the FMIC as I don't think I'll need it for occasional pulls... I am dying to get the MHD so my X1 can be the ultimate DD! Hopefully I'll be able to by new year (crossing fingers)
      12-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #32
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
Nothing really relevant to add... but... I Just installed a VRSF downpipe, charge pipe and BMS intake with a JB+... I don't think I'll add the FMIC as I don't think I'll need it for occasional pulls... I am dying to get the MHD so my X1 can be the ultimate DD! Hopefully I'll be able to by new year (crossing fingers)
Following up on this, just bought my MHD license, and currently waiting on the adapter... this week should be a fun one =)
      12-31-2020, 01:04 PM   #33
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Following up on this, just bought my MHD license, and currently waiting on the adapter... this week should be a fun one =)
Just flashed it last night and holy hell! This truck woke up!!! I love how smooth the gears are and how in your face the power is! Perfect daily driver!
      12-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #34
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep

Quote:
Just flashed it last night and holy hell! This truck woke up!!! I love how smooth the gears are and how in your face the power is! Perfect daily driver!
It's pretty amazing what a downpipe and a couple phone apps can do lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #35
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsleeper View Post
Quote:
It's pretty amazing what a downpipe and a couple phone apps can do lol.
Tell me about it! Price standpoint and everything! That definitely makes the x1 one of the most useful vehicles I've owned!
      12-31-2020, 05:47 PM   #36
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

So I just got a cylinder misfire which means time for new spark plugs/coils...

Any recommendations? I'll dial the tune down until that gets figured out
      12-31-2020, 06:18 PM   #37
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep

Quote:

I'm a stickler over here, but maintenance before mods! Maintenance will go a long way especially on a tuned motor.

From what I read on the forums, stock plugs are fine FBO stock turbo, don't need to go colder. Forum's usual answer is to gap the plugs to .022, but I'm at .028 on stage 2+ CA 91 crap gas. I had some stuttering issues with brand new China made Delphi coils & Bosch plugs (gaps not consistent .028-.030). I replaced them with genuine BMW Delphi coils & NGK spark plugs gapped them myself at .028 and have been stutter free for a few thousand miles. I think like 98% of the times, the China Delphi coils are fine, but I'm blaming the coils or possibly my gap was too big.

If you want to save money, OE China made Delphi coils & gap plugs down to .022-.025. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that I was one of the unlucky ones on bad coils or the gaps were too wide.

If you're willing to spend more, get the Genuine BMW Coils (also made by Delphi, but with the BMW logos on it and FCP Euro shows made in Portugal).

Spark plugs, I don't think you can go wrong with either Bosch or NGK.
Bosch ZR5TPP33
NGK NGK-97968 (I prefer NGK mainly because it's Japanese)

Last edited by solidsleeper; 12-31-2020 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #38
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm a stickler over here, but maintenance before mods! Maintenance will go a long way especially on a tuned motor.

From what I read on the forums, stock plugs are fine FBO stock turbo, don't need to go colder. Forum's usual answer is to gap the plugs to .022, but I'm at .028 on stage 2+ CA 91 crap gas. I had some stuttering issues with brand new China made Delphi coils & Bosch plugs (gaps not consistent .028-.030). I replaced them with genuine BMW Delphi coils & NGK spark plugs gapped them myself at .028 and have been stutter free for a few thousand miles. I think like 98% of the times, the China Delphi coils are fine, but I'm blaming the coils or possibly my gap was too big.

If you want to save money, OE China made Delphi coils & gap plugs down to .022-.025. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that I was one of the unlucky ones on bad coils or the gaps were too wide.

If you're willing to spend more, get the Genuine BMW Coils (also made by Delphi, but with the BMW logos on it and FCP Euro shows made in Portugal).

Spark plugs, I don't think you can go wrong with either Bosch or NGK.
Bosch ZR5TPP33
NGK NGK-97968 (I prefer NGK mainly because it's Japanese)
Lol I get you! I did correct everything else the car had before including new valve cover.

I just purchased this truck last year and the PO stated it had new spark plugs but based on what I feel those are probably stock spark plugs.

I purchased the stock plugs as I'm not planning on running high power, thanks!
      03-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #39
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

So after installing new spark plugs and new coil packs, the misfire continues...

I keep getting MAF codes, so I'll try cleaning it first and resetting adaptations to see if that helps... otherwise, I'll try swapping MAF and MAP with another N55 to see if that clears it to then buy new ones.

Pray for me
      03-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #40
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep

Quote:
So after installing new spark plugs and new coil packs, the misfire continues...

I keep getting MAF codes, so I'll try cleaning it first and resetting adaptations to see if that helps... otherwise, I'll try swapping MAF and MAP with another N55 to see if that clears it to then buy new ones.

Pray for me
What are your mods and do you get misfires/engine codes even on map zero?

Also, what is the MAF code you're getting? / you were getting these codes before mods/bolt-ons?

PS I'm praying for you buddy!!! I had some minor issues for a while, no engine codes, but car didn't feel 100% for a few months. For example, one of the meth bung plug on my ER chargepipe wasn't tight lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #41
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What are your mods and do you get misfires/engine codes even on map zero?

Also, what is the MAF code you're getting? / you were getting these codes before mods/bolt-ons?

PS I'm praying for you buddy!!! I had some minor issues for a while, no engine codes, but car didn't feel 100% for a few months. For example, one of the meth bung plug on my ER chargepipe wasn't tight lol.
I have VRSF chargepipe & downpipe, BME intake and that's about it, I think!

I've had the 29D9 code for a little bit, but I thought that it was there because I had JB+ until just before installing MHD.

Every time it misfires I send an error code log to my email and it's usually a different cylinder that's misfiring. My shop put all new spark plugs and coil packs and the problem seems to be exactly the same.

The only constant is the 29D9 error code, which is Intake Air Temperature.

I'm going to clean the MAF tomorrow morning (to be on the safe side, I'll disconnect the battery) and then reset the adaptations to make sure there are no lingering issues. We shall see tomorrow!

LOL I feel you about the plugs, I made the guy in the shop double-check every bolt in the downpipe to make sure they were tight!
      03-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #42
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep

Quote:
I have VRSF chargepipe & downpipe, BME intake and that's about it, I think!

I've had the 29D9 code for a little bit, but I thought that it was there because I had JB+ until just before installing MHD.

Every time it misfires I send an error code log to my email and it's usually a different cylinder that's misfiring. My shop put all new spark plugs and coil packs and the problem seems to be exactly the same.

The only constant is the 29D9 error code, which is Intake Air Temperature.

I'm going to clean the MAF tomorrow morning (to be on the safe side, I'll disconnect the battery) and then reset the adaptations to make sure there are no lingering issues. We shall see tomorrow!

LOL I feel you about the plugs, I made the guy in the shop double-check every bolt in the downpipe to make sure they were tight!
My mechanic is good, but he didn't catch the meth bung screw. He had some physical injury that week so I give him a pass for trying to finish my car when he should have gone to see a doctor LOL Real dedication from my mechanic!

I'd maybe suggest putting the stock intake back just as a guess/experiment (I have no experience with aftermarket intakes, but I read too much forums and a lot have weird issues/CEL lights that can come up with them).

Edit: Here's an example thread I just googled real quick

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1277178
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #43
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My mechanic is good, but he didn't catch the meth bung screw. He had some physical injury that week so I give him a pass for trying to finish my car when he should have gone to see a doctor LOL Real dedication from my mechanic!

I'd maybe suggest putting the stock intake back just as a guess/experiment (I have no experience with aftermarket intakes, but I read too much forums and a lot have weird issues/CEL lights that can come up with them).

Edit: Here's an example thread I just googled real quick

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1277178
So I just put back the OEM air intake, cleaned the sensors, and still getting the same problem. However, the code 29d9 is no longer present. Unfortunately, it did not prevent misfires.

The misfire is either cylinder 4, 5, or 6, which is bank 2.

Based on what I read, one guy had the same problem, and upon changing the oxygen sensor wiring the problem went away, apparently, the shop had switched them. Maybe that's my problem... I just don't know where the harness is in the N55... all I've seen is for N54.

I'll check with the shop owner to see if he really tried new coils or coils from another car... if it's from another car then we may have a culprit... We shall see!

Last edited by bassrebel; 03-14-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #44
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Not sure how different e84 is from e82 135's, but I just came across this video researching how to install a downpipe, and they show how to get to the O2 sensor plugs, since they disconnect them for the install. The O2 sensor plugs make their first appearance around 5:45 into this video.

Appreciate 0