XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #67
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
I had the opportunity to live the lack of responsibility, selflessness and plain common sense at the movie theater yesterday. I took my brother, who had a stroke many years ago and is left with a right-side deficit, to the movies to watch Deadpool 2 (FANTASTIC BTW). As we are selecting our seats, we can see that there is only one handicap designated seat available. I typically sit with him in order to render help, if necessary.

I thought nothing of the seats being unavailable until we walk in and see that the 7 seats are occupied by young, able-bodied people who look up at him with the safety-cane and don't bat an eye. I seat him next to one of the able-bodied squatters and trudge up the steps 4 levels above and take my seat. My seat is on an empty row with at least 10 other seats as were the rows that I passed on the way to my seat.

The person sitting next to my brother finally couldn't take the embarrassment any longer, walked upstairs and offered to switch seats. I thanked him as cordially as possible and took the seat next to my brother. I'm composing a letter to the theater management about this problem as this isn't the first time it's occurred. All millennials with the exception of the person who offered to exchange seats with me.

A sad testament of our, "society".
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410783.00
King Rudi13147.00
      05-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #68
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I had the opportunity to live the lack of responsibility, selflessness and plain common sense at the movie theater yesterday. I took my brother, who had a stroke many years ago and is left with a right-side deficit, to the movies to watch Deadpool 2 (FANTASTIC BTW). As we are selecting our seats, we can see that there is only one handicap designated seat available. I typically sit with him in order to render help, if necessary.

I thought nothing of the seats being unavailable until we walk in and see that the 7 seats are occupied by young, able-bodied people who look up at him with the safety-cane and don't bat an eye. I seat him next to one of the able-bodied squatters and trudge up the steps 4 levels above and take my seat. My seat is on an empty row with at least 10 other seats as were the rows that I passed on the way to my seat.

The person sitting next to my brother finally couldn't take the embarrassment any longer, walked upstairs and offered to switch seats. I thanked him as cordially as possible and took the seat next to my brother. I'm composing a letter to the theater management about this problem as this isn't the first time it's occurred. All millennials with the exception of the person who offered to exchange seats with me.

Reminds me of Mother's Day last Sunday. We went out to eat at a restaurant. When we got there the handicap slot was taken, but the SUV in it had the back up lights on, so I waited for a few minutes to see if they would back out. They did not so I drove about 100 further to the next available slot. As we reached the door of the restaurant, someone came out with take-out food and got into the SUV in the handicap slot. The SUV then left. They had been using the handicap slot as a place close to the door to get their food. This is not the first time this has happened to me. People park in the handicap slots (that I really need because of my emphysema) because they are close to the door and they don't think about (nor care) what they are doing.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13147.00
MKSixer34171.50
      05-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #69
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I must admit that I quite enjoy being in stealth mode (all electric), and blowing the horn to awaken them from their reverie. They jump every time.
I would love to witness this in person. A friend of mine just recently bought an i3. He has told me several ninja stealth mode stories.

Quote:

It's this shit that pisses me off! At least the guy that traded seats with you, for whatever reason, finally did so. This tells me a lot about you, you're much nicer person than I am to strangers. I'm that asshole that would have said something to them about finding alternative seating arrangements......and yes.....Deadpool was BAD ASS!!! I may have laughed a little too hard at the "He wants to turn your face into a fuckable ashtray" line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Reminds me of Mother's Day last Sunday. We went out to eat at a restaurant. When we got there the handicap slot was taken, but the SUV in it had the back up lights on, so I waited for a few minutes to see if they would back out. They did not so I drove about 100 further to the next available slot. As we reached the door of the restaurant, someone came out with take-out food and got into the SUV in the handicap slot. The SUV then left. They had been using the handicap slot as a place close to the door to get their food. This is not the first time this has happened to me. People park in the handicap slots (that I really need because of my emphysema) because they are close to the door and they don't think about (nor care) what they are doing.
I see this quite often also....in fact this morning on my way to work. A young guy in space grey 2011 E93. The space next to him was open but hey, I get it, it was 4 feet further away from the door. I took the open space next to him....honestly just for the fact that he was a douche for parking there and my car was nicer than his. (yes, I'm that guy)

Determining which one of the customers owned the E93 was easy. I asked him if that was his car and complimented him on his wheels, as they were nice when he stated, "Oh I thought you were going to say something about the guy in the BMW taking the handicapped spot." To which I said, "No, not everyone who drives a BMW is a selfish prick, There's a guy out there with a much nicer car than yours who chose one of the non-handicapped spot." I left first and sat in my car until he came out so he could actually see the nicer car and also see that it was me.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-21-2018 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      05-21-2018, 07:39 AM   #70
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I would love to witness this in person. A friend of mine just recently bought an i3. He has told me several ninja stealth mode stories.

It's this shit that pisses me off! At least the guy that traded seats with you, for whatever reason, finally did so. This tells me a lot about you, you're much nicer person than I am to strangers. I'm that asshole that would have said something to them about finding alternative seating arrangements......and yes.....Deadpool was BAD ASS!!! I may have laughed a little too hard at the "He wants to turn your face into a fuckable ashtray" line.

I see this quite often also....in fact this morning on my way to work. A young guy in space grey 2011 E93. The space next to him was open but hey, I get it, it was 4 feet further away from the door. I took the open space next to him....honestly just for the fact that he was a douche for parking there and my car was nicer than his. (yes, I'm that guy)

Determining which one of the customers owned the E93 was easy. I asked him if that was his car and complimented him on his wheels, as they were nice when he stated, "Oh I thought you were going to say something about the guy in the BMW taking the handicapped spot." To which I said, "No, not everyone who drives a BMW is a selfish prick, There's a guy out there with a much nicer car than yours who chose one of the non-handicapped spot." I left first and sat in my car until he came out so he could actually see the nicer car and also see that it was me.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also like downshifting the M6 and timing it so the backfire shocks people sometimes as well. It's a character deficit.

On calling them out, I'm mellowing as I get older and I don't want to cause a scene when I'm enjoying the time I spend with my brother. A few years ago it would have been:

Very cool on your interaction. I'm entitled to a handicap placard due to my severely damaged hips but I rarely use it as there are people in much worse shape than I am and my pain, while severe, tends to be transient. I was at a bar one of the few times I used the placard as I received a stem cell treatment and was in the remodeling phase and in pain as well as stiff. A patron walked in and commented on the "jerk" in the i8 parked in the handicap space when the manager jumped in and told him that it happens to be for a customer that needs it and happens to be a nice guy and he should either STFU or leave. I just smiled inwardly and enjoyed my beer and gave a big tip to the staff. Lol!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 05-21-2018 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #71
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also like downshifting the M6 and timing it so the backfire shocks people sometimes as well. It's a character deficit.

On calling them out, I'm mellowing as I get older and I don't want to cause a scene when I'm enjoying the time I spend with my brother. A few years ago it would have been:

Very cool on your interaction. I'm entitled to a handicap placard due to my severely damaged hips but I rarely use it as there are people in much worse shape than I am and my pain, while severe, tends to be transient. I was at a bar one of the few times I used the placard as I received a stem cell treatment and was in the remodeling phase and in pain as well as stiff. A patron walked in and commented on the "jerk" in the i8 parked in the handicap space when the manager jumped in and told him that it happens to be for a customer that needs it and happens to be a nice guy and he should either STFU or leave. I just smiled inwardly and enjoyed my beer and gave a big tip to the staff. Lol!
That's awesome! Tip of the hat to the staff for sure. After reading your post, I just noticed your garage list.............very nice. I have a friend, the one that went with me on Saturday to see Deadpool, that has a degenerative bone disease who is the same way. Has a placard but very seldom does he ever use it. He just had his second hip replacement 2 weeks ago and this was one of his first ventures out of the house since surgery. Although walking with a cane still refused to use the placard or a handicapped spot in the event that someone else needed it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      05-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #72
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
The handicapped seat problem is interesting. One of my good friends is in a wheelchair, he is 28 and has been in one since birth. He drives with hand controls. He usually doesn't park in handicapped parking spots unless the lot is full and there isn't enough room for him to get out of his truck with his chair in a normal spot.

He has had some unique experiences for sure. One time he parked in a handicapped spot but had not gotten out of his truck yet when he was around 20. This lady in her 50s came over and starts yelling at him not to park there. She shut up once he started putting his chair together. Some people are just assholes but most people will hold the door for him or move stuff in store aisles so he can get by. He had one guy in his 40s ask him if he was in vietnam.

It seems most people will keep to themselves or be helpful, with a few that are assholes or make strange comments.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13147.00
      05-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #73
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

ive got a much younger sister (12yrs younger and just graduating from highschool this week) and the things Ive noticed that have lead to the "decline" of society stems from a multitude of sources. Decline in quotes because its not necessarily a decline, but more of a radical shift. Ive also got young nieces, and see how they are parented differently depending on the parents.

discipline as I knew it, is a thing of the past. Its no longer socially acceptable to spank, and even in some cases ground/timeout/etc. Parents are ridiculed from their peers. Ive seen this first hand with my young nieces at parties/play dates/events/etc. You spank a kid, and everyone immediately condemns you. You put them in timeout, and you can see the other parents talking about you. This leads to a less disciplined and respectful individual if other meas of discipline are not used. Add in that when I was young, teachers and other adults were able to step in and at the very least, give a talking to, without fear of parental repercussions, and I knew that i needed to stay in line in order not to get called out. I still misbehaved, but was much more sneaky about it. I have first hand witnessed a parent lay into a teacher because their kid was misbehaving on a field trip and was sent to "timeout"; and guess what, the teacher was ultimately written up by admin to appease the parent.

the "viral" culture is also having a negative influence as well. Seems the majority of society wants to be "instafamous" or at the very least, be known among their peers. Everything is put on social media, everyone is trying to one up everyone, and it leads to a trade off of morals and self discipline for getting that 15 minutes of fame. Also take into account society as a whole is moving towards a possession based society, so you have both parents working to afford the lifestyle, and you have an abundance of teens and young adults that dont get the attention at home, so they seek it out elsewhere. the saying "any publicity is good publicity" applies here. Parents are just as much at fault here as well. How many IG and twitter accounts out there are just parents posting "funny" things their kids do? The majority are the kids doing something wrong, but instead of disciplining, they pull the phone out and post it in hopes of getting a "like". It's rewarding the kid for misbehaving.

Times are changing as well. It is much more socially acceptable to question authority, instead of just falling in line. It is much more socially acceptable for kids to think and do their own thing, instead of following the rules. This isnt a bad thing, but those that grew up following the rules and doing what they were told see it as being disrespectful. For example, Josh Rosen who was recently drafted in the NFL. His college coach came out and said he is the type of guy to ask why instead of just following orders. This, along with some other "millennial" type behaviors, ended up causing him to fall in the draft. There is a time and place for questioning, and a time and place for following the rules. This needs to be taught at an early age, but is something that is most often overlooked.

The way we parent needs to be looked at based on the new norms. In the past, the general consensus was to have your kids fear what would happen if they misbehaved. We need to shift towards a "lead by example" type of parenting. Ultimately, most kids want to make their parents proud, and develop their moral compass from their parents, or parental figures, at a young age. If the parents are respectful and disciplined and INVOLVED, chances are the kids will be as well. I like to think that should i ever have kids, I would strive to be their role model, vs letting some one else.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13147.00
SakhirM410783.00
      05-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #74
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
As many have stated already, it starts with the parenting. I'm not saying parents of the last 10 years are bad, they are just different from generations past and it cultivated a different crop of young adults. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but in general the broad differences I see in parenting now vs. when I was a kid in the late 70s / early 80s:

Discipline Differences: The spanking thing was brought up already. Also, it's no longer socially acceptable for a stranger (or even a teacher) to call your kid out for being a sh*t. I can recall acting out once in the school parking lot and a random kid's mother pulled me aside and sternly lectured me. My mom walked up, assessed the situation, thanked the lady sincerely and immediately took away my TV viewing rights for a week. These days a parent would lose their sh*t on someone who dared to discipline their little angel. There was a general sense, when I was a kid, that all adults were watching and could all hand out discipline at any time. Kept us more or less in line.

Helicopter Parents: This one kills me. Parents who are so hyper involved that they essentially project manage every moment of the kid's life. Kids are no longer left alone to "figure it out" or self entertain. The parents are there 24-7 to structure, educate, and protect. I have co-workers with highschool kids who drive them to school every morning so they dont have to take the bus. They have to leave work early to take their 17 year old to the dentist. They "work from home" because their 14 year old is home sick from school. They cater to every need and whim. It grows adults who expect things to be handed to them. "I did my job, therefore I deserve a promotion." "Reward me, acknowledge me, grade me, rate me...." The constant attention from the parental units breeds adults who require constant attention, accolades, and praise.

Electronics: Kids with iPads and other electronic devices in front of their faces 24-7. My parents were worried about our brains going to mush from too much TV and to some degree they were right. But TV watching is mostly a passive activity. All the video games and kid oriented "learning" devices are hyper-stimulating the reward centers of those little brains. Kids grow up needing that little dopamine kick. They grow up learning "push right button, get instant reward" which translates into "Do my job, get raise and promotion." A few of my more memorable recent reviews with under-30 employees involved expectation setting around why the employee cant expect a 20% raise year over year. There's also the "No, the reward for simply doing your job is keeping your job, and getting a paycheck. If you'd like a promotion and a raise yo need to do MORE than your current job requires." discussion that I have had multiple times.

Again, I dont know that parents today are any worse or better than mine, but they are different and it's creating different adults. Adults who in my opinion are hyper-needy and have issues with self sufficiency, self-awareness, and self-esteem. The number of my friends kids in counseling is breathtaking. It's at least 50% at any given time. Sad.

Except it's not creating adults. It's creating legal age kids that are able to drink, smoke, drive, join the military & reproduce. Scary.

Most kids today don't know real struggle, they simply think they do.

Last edited by Never_Enough; 05-21-2018 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13147.00
SakhirM410783.00
      05-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #75
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
ive got a much younger sister (12yrs younger and just graduating from highschool this week) and the things Ive noticed that have lead to the "decline" of society stems from a multitude of sources. Decline in quotes because its not necessarily a decline, but more of a radical shift. Ive also got young nieces, and see how they are parented differently depending on the parents.

discipline as I knew it, is a thing of the past. Its no longer socially acceptable to spank, and even in some cases ground/timeout/etc. Parents are ridiculed from their peers. Ive seen this first hand with my young nieces at parties/play dates/events/etc. You spank a kid, and everyone immediately condemns you. You put them in timeout, and you can see the other parents talking about you. This leads to a less disciplined and respectful individual if other meas of discipline are not used. Add in that when I was young, teachers and other adults were able to step in and at the very least, give a talking to, without fear of parental repercussions, and I knew that i needed to stay in line in order not to get called out. I still misbehaved, but was much more sneaky about it. I have first hand witnessed a parent lay into a teacher because their kid was misbehaving on a field trip and was sent to "timeout"; and guess what, the teacher was ultimately written up by admin to appease the parent.

the "viral" culture is also having a negative influence as well. Seems the majority of society wants to be "instafamous" or at the very least, be known among their peers. Everything is put on social media, everyone is trying to one up everyone, and it leads to a trade off of morals and self discipline for getting that 15 minutes of fame. Also take into account society as a whole is moving towards a possession based society, so you have both parents working to afford the lifestyle, and you have an abundance of teens and young adults that dont get the attention at home, so they seek it out elsewhere. the saying "any publicity is good publicity" applies here. Parents are just as much at fault here as well. How many IG and twitter accounts out there are just parents posting "funny" things their kids do? The majority are the kids doing something wrong, but instead of disciplining, they pull the phone out and post it in hopes of getting a "like". It's rewarding the kid for misbehaving.

Times are changing as well. It is much more socially acceptable to question authority, instead of just falling in line. It is much more socially acceptable for kids to think and do their own thing, instead of following the rules. This isnt a bad thing, but those that grew up following the rules and doing what they were told see it as being disrespectful. For example, Josh Rosen who was recently drafted in the NFL. His college coach came out and said he is the type of guy to ask why instead of just following orders. This, along with some other "millennial" type behaviors, ended up causing him to fall in the draft. There is a time and place for questioning, and a time and place for following the rules. This needs to be taught at an early age, but is something that is most often overlooked.

The way we parent needs to be looked at based on the new norms. In the past, the general consensus was to have your kids fear what would happen if they misbehaved. We need to shift towards a "lead by example" type of parenting. Ultimately, most kids want to make their parents proud, and develop their moral compass from their parents, or parental figures, at a young age. If the parents are respectful and disciplined and INVOLVED, chances are the kids will be as well. I like to think that should i ever have kids, I would strive to be their role model, vs letting some one else.
Exactly! Younger adults and smaller children I can see the mentality stemming from everything you stated above, but what really grinds my gears is to see people in their late 30's and 40's acting like this. I'm still adjusting to the fact that some people are just mindless assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post

Expect it's not creating adults. It's creating legal age kids that are able to drink, smoke, drive, join the military & reproduce. Scary.

Most kids today don't know real struggle, they simply think they do.
Also correct but the only thing worse is hearing from them about how we don't know anything about a real struggle. I can only imagine how hard life is to get the perfect angle for your selfie after fighting with your skinny jeans to pull them up/get them buttoned after manicuring your beard and finding the perfect tilt for the beanie that has to be worn in the middle of the summer.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410783.00
      05-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #76
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

This just kills me: http://komonews.com/news/nation-worl...ange-parenting

Utah moving to legalize "free range parenting." IOW, parents being able to decide if their kids can be alone. Parents being jailed, fined, or having their kids taken away for allowing them to walk to school on their own, go to the park on their own, or be home alone, is just nuts.

Go Utah. Great that they are doing this, but what a shame that our society has come to a place where they have to make a law for this sh*t.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13147.00
MKSixer34171.50
bosstones1144.00
      05-23-2018, 08:52 AM   #77
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

The audacity of these parents!! What nerves and cold heart.

"A judge sides with parents and rules their 30-year-old son must move out"

He claimed that for the past eight years he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement,"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/ju...rnd/index.html
Appreciate 3
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13147.00
MKSixer34171.50
      05-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #78
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Even though technically I'm classed in the new generation kind of but I don't really act like the majority does. I think it all comes down to Common Sense. I feel like that has changed since I grew up. I came to the states when I was very young and my parents taught me how to act in public, work hard for what you want, respect your elders,etc... But now a days it seems like parents are too busy to actually "parent" their children. Society has made it a norm for both parents to be working in order to support a family.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #79
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
The person sitting next to my brother finally couldn't take the embarrassment any longer, walked upstairs and offered to switch seats.
This thinking won't help. Maybe that person realized what he was doing was wrong and offered to do the right thing.

Look, I like my ancestors before me think the younger generation too are idiots, but if we only see the bad we'll miss so much good that is going on.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #80
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Even though technically I'm classed in the new generation kind of but I don't really act like the majority does. I think it all comes down to Common Sense. I feel like that has changed since I grew up. I came to the states when I was very young and my parents taught me how to act in public, work hard for what you want, respect your elders,etc... But now a days it seems like parents are too busy to actually "parent" their children. Society has made it a norm for both parents to be working in order to support a family.
When a child lacks a supporting family environment because both parents are working, this creates the lack of human values one parents tries to instill in their child.

Then again, I don't have kids. But I was raised by two awesome parents.
Appreciate 2
Ickdeep5703.50
King Rudi13147.00
      05-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #81
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
This just kills me: http://komonews.com/news/nation-worl...ange-parenting

Utah moving to legalize "free range parenting." IOW, parents being able to decide if their kids can be alone. Parents being jailed, fined, or having their kids taken away for allowing them to walk to school on their own, go to the park on their own, or be home alone, is just nuts.

Go Utah. Great that they are doing this, but what a shame that our society has come to a place where they have to make a law for this sh*t.
I can't believe that this is where we are as a society but at least something is done to get back our rights as parents. It's sad that we even have to fight....for our rights.....to parent. (sorry had to)

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
The audacity of these parents!! What nerves and cold heart.

"A judge sides with parents and rules their 30-year-old son must move out"

He claimed that for the past eight years he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement,"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/ju...rnd/index.html
I'm with you....how very dare they do such a thing. I'm guessing this guy is just swimming in so much ass there isn't time for much else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I can agree with this but also I believe that common sense comes from being taught how to take initiative and what is considered socially acceptable, both stems from active parenting. I do agree that market rates increasing causing both parents to work as many hours as possible to make ends meet has caused part of this. Then again, there are also those who had great parents but the kid is responsible for his/her (or one of the other 63 genders) actions at some point. You can't blame your parents for your actions when you become an adult....at whatever age that is now. I know people in their 50's that act like 5 year olds....I work in a building full of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
When a child lacks a supporting family environment because both parents are working, this creates the lack of human values one parents tries to instill in their child.

Then again, I don't have kids. But I was raised by two awesome parents.
The fact that you are able to recognize this and praise your parents publicly say much of you and of them. This is the type of thing that brings a smile to my face. Never pass an opportunity to hug their neck and thank them.

Feel free to tell me to mind my own business but curious as to why no kids. Personal decision or what? Not trying to bring up issues or anything, just curious.
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5703.50
      05-23-2018, 12:06 PM   #82
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep

Quote:
The fact that you are able to recognize this and praise your parents publicly say much of you and of them. This is the type of thing that brings a smile to my face. Never pass an opportunity to hug their neck and thank them.

Feel free to tell me to mind my own business but curious as to why no kids. Personal decision or what? Not trying to bring up issues or anything, just curious.
Mind your own business. Just kidding.

Don't want them. Look at it like this. See all these things going on, the struggles, the financial hardship, the worry about dropping your kids off at school, all that crap? I made a decision a long time ago that I don't want o put myself in a bad situation, or bring a human life into this crazy messed up world.

If I change my mind, I'll adopt. There's plenty of kids that need homes. But for now, I have 2 dogs and adopting another next week. My dogs love me and I know they are happy. They don't worry and all that stuff. I don't want to do that.

Plus I'm pretty messed up I think. Like I can see the repercussions of what bringing an extension of myself into the world would do. So no I'm good.

ninja edit: I don't think saying I had good parents on an internet forum is a big thing. They were and still are awesome. I only hope I can be seen by society as society sees them.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #83
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthebattle View Post
Mind your own business. Just kidding.

Don't want them. Look at it like this. See all these things going on, the struggles, the financial hardship, the worry about dropping your kids off at school, all that crap? I made a decision a long time ago that I don't want o put myself in a bad situation, or bring a human life into this crazy messed up world.

If I change my mind, I'll adopt. There's plenty of kids that need homes. But for now, I have 2 dogs and adopting another next week. My dogs love me and I know they are happy. They don't worry and all that stuff. I don't want to do that.

Plus I'm pretty messed up I think. Like I can see the repercussions of what bringing an extension of myself into the world would do. So no I'm good.

ninja edit: I don't think saying I had good parents on an internet forum is a big thing. They were and still are awesome. I only hope I can be seen by society as society sees them.
A tip of the hat to you sir. This is exactly why I asked. I know people that don't have kids because of medical reasons, I know people that don't have kids because they can't get laid and then there are you lot; which in my opinion deserve a reward or something. Knowing what you want, realizing there are kids that need homes, etc. gets my respect. I was this way for the longest time, but then realized that in the event that I did not procreate my families name died with me so I spread the seed. The jury is still out on whether or not that is good thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #84
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep

Quote:
A tip of the hat to you sir. This is exactly why I asked. I know people that don't have kids because of medical reasons, I know people that don't have kids because they can't get laid and then there are you lot; which in my opinion deserve a reward or something. Knowing what you want, realizing there are kids that need homes, etc. gets my respect. I was this way for the longest time, but then realized that in the event that I did not procreate my families name died with me so I spread the seed. The jury is still out on whether or not that is good thing.
Yea, my "family's name" is also with my cousins who have kids....so...and there is my brother. Granted he's 4 yrs older and....single? taken? I don't know. But hope still lies with him.

My parents excepted the no kids and love my dogs like grandkids and spoil them to death.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #85
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Today's entitled society.
Was not the cars' or anything else's fault, except the fools inside.

Police: Street racing led to death of mother pushing toddler in stroller on Bayshore, 3 arrested
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...ore-3-arrested
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #86
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

Police: Street racing led to death of mother pushing toddler in stroller on Bayshore, 3 arrested
Hopefully they get to go to prison so they can continue their dick measuring competition
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13147.00
MKSixer34171.50
      05-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #87
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I'm without words. My distaste for mustang drivers thinking their cars are the fastest on the road and their lack of driving ability leaves me wanting to make remarks, but out of respect for the innocent mother and daughter I'll refrain.

Truly sad. I hope these guys like butt sex.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      05-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #88
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
I'm without words. My distaste for mustang drivers thinking their cars are the fastest on the road and their lack of driving ability leaves me wanting to make remarks, but out of respect for the innocent mother and daughter I'll refrain.

Truly sad. I hope these guys like butt sex.
The Nissan driver will get off light, because he is only 17, just like the school killer from Texas. I think both of them were old enough to take adult punishment.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13147.00
MKSixer34171.50