XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Jack White does good

I think this is a great gift.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.869f25ec2783
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I'm sure they wondered who he was. Dude hasn't made good music since they were conceived.

For giggles he could have brought out Stephen Malkmus and Billy Corgan.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I'm sure they wondered who he was. Dude hasn't made good music since they were conceived.

saw him in a great movie with U2’s Edge and Jimmy Page and he’s a virtuoso of the guitar. In a venue like the school above would be very memorable.

Saw Dwight Yokum last August in a small intimate setting and the guitarist Eugene Edwards was a lot of fun to watch - seeing top musicians in great setting.
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4462.00
King Rudi13147.00
      05-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:

saw him in a great movie with U2’s Edge and Jimmy Page and he’s a virtuoso of the guitar. In a venue like the school above would be very memorable.

Saw Dwight Yokum last August in a small intimate setting and the guitarist Eugene Edwards was a lot of fun to watch - seeing top musicians in great setting.
Yeah, that documentary was pretty cool. I like him, his guitar collection is great. But everything post WS has been pretty lacking. Potential is great, delivery is suspect.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
But do their amps go up to 11?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-31-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

This was a great documentary, It Might Get Loud. Wish they had picked someone other than The Edge, who basically uses a guitar in the same fashion EDM DJ's used turntables back in the day, innovative yes; but also kind of cheating. The bit about how the reverberation of the drums for When the Levee Breaks was awesome. The look on Jacks face when Jimmy Page started playing was priceless, like a kid seeing Super Man in person.

Jack is known for pop-up shows like this Definitely check out their documentary Under the Great Northern Lights. When he performs White Moon off-the-cuff and Meg starts crying is a touching moment.

Quote:
Yeah, that documentary was pretty cool. I like him, his guitar collection is great. But everything post WS has been pretty lacking. Potential is great, delivery is suspect.
Not a big fan of his solo stuff, but check out the Raconteurs stuff if you haven't heard it. The second album Consolers of the Lonely is good stuff!
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4462.00
      05-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
saw him in a great movie with U2's Edge and Jimmy Page and he's a virtuoso of the guitar. In a venue like the school above would be very memorable.

This was a great documentary, It Might Get Loud. Wish they had picked someone other than The Edge, who basically uses a guitar in the same fashion EDM DJ's used turntables back in the day, innovative yes; but also kind of cheating. The bit about how the reverberation of the drums for When the Levee Breaks was awesome. The look on Jacks face when Jimmy Page started playing was priceless, like a kid seeing Super Man in person.

Jack is known for pop-up shows like this Definitely check out their documentary Under the Great Northern Lights. When he performs White Moon off-the-cuff and Meg starts crying is a touching moment.

Quote:
Not a big fan of his solo stuff, but check out the Raconteurs stuff if you haven't heard it. The second album Consolers of the Lonely is good stuff!
Recouenters have some good stuff
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-31-2018, 12:59 PM   #8
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

It's good, but always felt like he was holding back.
Appreciate 0