XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #89
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
The Nissan driver will get off light, because he is only 17, just like the school killer from Texas. I think both of them were old enough to take adult punishment.
I agree.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      05-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #90
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

This girl I'm talking to said it's lame I don't have Instagram.

Seriously? The majority of Instagram users are there for validation/self-esteem boosting to escape their incredibly ordinary and unhappy lives. I understand a lot of people just like to share things they are passionate about or use it for their business, but that's in the minority.

If you are gonna judge me on whether or not I engage in social media nonsense that speaks more about you than me.

My generation man...
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13147.00
bosstones1144.00
arkie6397.00
      05-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #91
se15679875
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

Seriously? The majority of Instagram users are there for validation/self-esteem boosting to escape their incredibly ordinary and unhappy lives. I understand a lot of people just like to share things they are passionate about or use it for their business, but that's in the minority.

If you are gonna judge me on whether or not I engage in social media nonsense that speaks more about you than me.

My generation man...
Agree completely. I have a facebook but I never post status updates or anything. I may post a batch of pictures once every couple of months if it's a major event.

Don't have an instagram eitehr.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9652.00
      05-25-2018, 06:52 AM   #92
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

My generation man...
Ridiculous. I agree most forms of social media are nothing more than people seeking validation. I have an Instagram account but rarely do I actually post pictures of myself unless it's a special event. I've had my account for a little over 3 years and think I have 140-150 posts; I see people who make 8-10 posts a day. My account is mostly poking fun of society and social media in general.....I realize how ironic this is. The biggest reason for my Instagram account is something to waste time with as I don't have Facebook. I shut my Facebook account down a year ago and soon realized how much happier I was without it. Facebook is a megaphone for morons and attention whores, Instagram is too to a degree. I don't follow those who ask to be followed or have huge followings unless it's a famous person.

I've come to realize that the people who are very much into Facebook and spend mass amounts of time on it are deplorable people in reality. Chris Rock made a statement on Bigger and Blacker that always stays in the back of my mind for some reason, "When you meet someone for the first time, you aren't meeting them; you're meeting their representative." Facebook is nothing more than peoples "representatives" and even their representatives are so damn shallow I can't stand to even look.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9652.00
      05-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #93
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Ridiculous. I agree most forms of social media are nothing more than people seeking validation. I have an Instagram account but rarely do I actually post pictures of myself unless it's a special event. I've had my account for a little over 3 years and think I have 140-150 posts; I see people who make 8-10 posts a day. My account is mostly poking fun of society and social media in general.....I realize how ironic this is. The biggest reason for my Instagram account is something to waste time with as I don't have Facebook. I shut my Facebook account down a year ago and soon realized how much happier I was without it. Facebook is a megaphone for morons and attention whores, Instagram is too to a degree. I don't follow those who ask to be followed or have huge followings unless it's a famous person.

I've come to realize that the people who are very much into Facebook and spend mass amounts of time on it are deplorable people in reality. Chris Rock made a statement on Bigger and Blacker that always stays in the back of my mind for some reason, "When you meet someone for the first time, you aren't meeting them; you're meeting their representative." Facebook is nothing more than peoples "representatives" and even their representatives are so damn shallow I can't stand to even look.
I'll have to watch that Chris Rock clip lol. I couldn't agree with you more, and all this is never going way. Social media is not just some fad because it manipulates peoples' people's self esteem. Human beings innately feel the need for belonging and self-righteous and Instagram and the lot are an easy way to provide that validation.

Not to mention all the money involved too with getting more social media followers. Anything that makes money will never go away.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #94
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

My generation man...
this was always an issue when i was on tinder. before meeting girls would sometimes ask for instagram or snapchat or whatever. i have no social media at all and their first assumption was usually that i was a serial killer or catfish or some shit when i said that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #95
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
this was always an issue when i was on tinder. before meeting girls would sometimes ask for instagram or snapchat or whatever. i have no social media at all and their first assumption was usually that i was a serial killer or catfish or some shit when i said that.
These chicks are airheads who can't think for themselves. They live in an altered version of reality where social media = status. Frankly, in my experience, such people live for their drunken weekends and Instagram. They have nothing else going for them.

My boys who pull the most don't waste their time with social media.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13147.00
MKSixer34171.50
      05-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #96
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'll have to watch that Chris Rock clip lol. I couldn't agree with you more, and all this is never going way. Social media is not just some fad because it manipulates peoples' people's self esteem. Human beings innately feel the need for belonging and self-righteous and Instagram and the lot are an easy way to provide that validation.

Not to mention all the money involved too with getting more social media followers. Anything that makes money will never go away.
I've tried, unsuccessful at that, explaining to people that social media is nothing more than a very clever marketing/advertising tool. When a product is free, you are the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Of course they don't want to date someone who isn't on social media, they don't want to be made to feel inferior by dating someone who can think for themselves or need affirmation for going to McDonald's for lunch.

Quote:
These chicks are airheads who can't think for themselves. They live in an altered version of reality where social media = status. Frankly, in my experience, such people live for their drunken weekends and Instagram. They have nothing else going for them.

I agree and disagree with this. When I was on facebook, the amount of successful encounters with ladies was off the charts. Some simply use social media as a form of a "dating" pool. I'm to a point in life where this no longer means anything to me. I know that I can get ladies so it's no longer a challenge or even something I'm all that interested in. I've left that lifestyle and have been with the same girl for almost 2 years now; life is just much simpler this way and I'm much happier of a person.

On a side not that coincides with this thread; I've spent most of my morning getting my right rear tire repaired. Tires are less than 2 months old and I picked up a screw at a car wash this weekend because some asshole wanted to clean his truck bed out in the car wash stall. I spend more of my time cleaning up my mess after working on projects than the actual project to ensure I don't leave anything behind for someone else to clean up. On my way to the second tire store, because the first refused to patch the tire, I end up hitting someone's exhaust (full exhaust, muffler and all) in the middle of the road. Why can people simply not pick up after themselves.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-29-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:39 PM   #97
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

Yup. I dated a girl in college who literally was glued to social media. It got dull after awhile. All she wanted to do was scroll through Facebook. Her friends would stop by the apartment and they would all be sitting at the table on their phones not talking to each other. It was the strangest thing. Even at parties she would have a beer in one hand and phone in the other liking all her friend's posts. Her friends were all the same way, they would just talk to each other about all the stuff they "liked" or thought was cool, they never actually did anything. It got to the point where I thought both her and her friends were unable to cope with human interaction.

My boss almost fired one of my coworkers at my old job because he was constantly on his phone and never working. He was really smart when he actually did his job, but was constantly distracted.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #98
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
I've tried, unsuccessful at that, explaining to people that social media is nothing more than a very clever marketing/advertising tool. When a product is free, you are the product.

Of course they don't want to date someone who isn't on social media, they don't want to be made to feel inferior by dating someone who can think for themselves or need affirmation for going to McDonald's for lunch.

I agree and disagree with this. When I was on facebook, the amount of successful encounters with ladies was off the charts. Some simply use social media as a form of a "dating" pool. I'm to a point in life where this no longer means anything to me. I know that I can get ladies so it's no longer a challenge or even something I'm all that interested in. I've left that lifestyle and have been with the same girl for almost 2 years now; life is just much simpler this way and I'm much happier of a person.

On a side not that coincides with this thread; I've spent most of my morning getting my right rear tire repaired. Tires are less than 2 months old and I picked up a screw at a car wash this weekend because some asshole wanted to clean his truck bed out in the car wash stall. I spend more of my time cleaning up my mess after working on projects than the actual project to ensure I don't leave anything behind for someone else to clean up. On my way to the second tire store, because the first refused to patch the tire, I end up hitting someone's exhaust (full exhaust, muffler and all) in the middle of the road. Why can people simply not pick up after themselves.
Why not just plug it yourself? It is cheap, easy, and takes <30mins start to finish.

Sucks about the bad day. That is usually a sign to just go back home and sleep it off.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 06:49 AM   #99
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Why not just plug it yourself? It is cheap, easy, and takes <30mins start to finish.

Sucks about the bad day. That is usually a sign to just go back home and sleep it off.
I didn't trust myself doing it myself as it was in the sidewall, and yes it was less than a pleasant day.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 10:41 AM   #100
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
I didn't trust myself doing it myself as it was in the sidewall, and yes it was less than a pleasant day.
Oh - yeah, I would never plug a sidewall regardless of who was doing it. Sidewall puncture = automatic replacement in my opinion.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      05-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #101
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Oh - yeah, I would never plug a sidewall regardless of who was doing it. Sidewall puncture = automatic replacement in my opinion.
I'm with you there. There was a warranty and I expected for them to replace the tire, but they were special order and don't keep them in stock. They managed to patch the tire (I was surprised they were able to) and said if it didn't last they would order a new tire.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 12:42 PM   #102
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I'm with you there. There was a warranty and I expected for them to replace the tire, but they were special order and don't keep them in stock. They managed to patch the tire (I was surprised they were able to) and said if it didn't last they would order a new tire.
"Call me when the replacement tire arrives and I will come back for you to swap. Or else next time I fill it with Fix-a-Flat and you can deal with the mess"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-31-2018, 12:55 PM   #103
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Given it was the sidewall, just because they could, doesn't mean they should have. I'd tell them you want it replaced. Structural integrity and all, drive on it till they get the replacement in.

Last thing you want is going into a corner somewhat aggressively one day and suddenly finding the back end looking to beat the front end through the corner.

Course, I'm assuming the screw went into one of the back tires, but could be wrong. Either way, unexpected oversteer / understeer, neither is going to make you overly happy.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00