XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #1
Gemini562
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Ever had a ghostly or superstitious encounter? Share your story!

Okay, so I've got this freaky tale from when I was in high school. Picture this: middle of the night, I wake up, and I'm totally stuck, can't move anything but my eyes. And it seriously feels like there's someone in the room watching me. I tried to curse at whatever it was, hoping it would scram, but then—get this—I felt this icy cold air just hit me in the face. it felt like someone was literally blowing air right onto my face. No AC, nothing. It was summer. Finally got moving again and kept all the lights on, just waiting for dawn. Next day, I told my buddies, and one suggested it might've been sleep paralysis like your body's asleep but your brain's not, and you hallucinate freaky stuff. But that doesn't explain the cold air, right??
Appreciate 5
Buug95916842.50
Mosaud19983892.50
Esteban42229.00
Oldgixxer1685.00
cmyx6go15581.00
      Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #2
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Ok,I'll bite..
When I was 12 my grandfather had a heart attack at home and passed away. My grandmother was clearly distraught as expected;the following night when she went to bed she woke up shortly after to my grandfather sitting on the bed telling her everything will be ok. She freaked out and ran out of the bedroom crying and ran downstairs. I was at their house w my mom & I was asleep in a bedroom next to hers. I immediately woke up like wtf is going on? She tells my mom what just occurred in graphic detail as I was quietly listening from the other room. That was '83,she never slept in their bedroom again,or would even go in that room unless someone was there w her.

This is where it gets creepy. Two days later I'm sleeping in my own bed and wake up in the middle of the night to a tapping on my window(getting chills as I type this)..our dog starts barking,there's nothing outside the window. Mom gets up to check on me( I didn't mention the tapping),then goes back to bed. I'm just about to fall asleep again and I hear louder tapping on the window...TAP TAP TAP.
Now I'm freaking out as I know what I just heard and the dog is at full alert. 30mins later our phone rings(2am)its my grandma freaking out to my mom saying she just got a call from my uncle in Canada who was also freaking out, My gramps and he were super close. He awoke to a tapping on his bedroom window that continued for a few seconds. He got up and looked out the window and nothing was there. Goes back to bed and wakes up to a louder TAP TAP TAP on the glass. Now he's scared and says "who's there??!" TAP TAP TAP. Nothing there. Tapping starts again and he says out loud "who is it" TAP TAP TAP. He says my gramps name out loud,"Bill?"
The tapping stopped immediately after he said his name and never occurred again for either him or I.

Anyways,my mom told me the next day in depth what the phone convo was about w my grandma at 2am...about what my uncle in Canada experienced and she told me not to be scared that sometimes strange,unexplained things occur after a loved one passes and that it might be grandpa saying goodbye to loved ones that were close.

So,basically just some unexplained tapping on a glass window after gramps passed. Take it FWIW,I know 100% what I heard that night so if y'all don't believe me I'm fine w that.
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 5
Buug95916842.50
Esteban42229.00
vreihen1614904.50
cmyx6go15581.00
      Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #3
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

I had an odd experience in the winter of 2000. I was working in Delray Beach, FL. The job was about six months long and we were about four months into it when one Sunday morning I woke up earlier than usual and I was absolutely wide awake. Something was telling me I had to go home... NOW! I had a few things that I just couldn't leave unfinished so I worked my ass off all day Sunday. I grabbed a couple of hours sleep and hit the I95 north early Monday morning. I drove all the way to Halifax only stopping for gas and gas station food... and two speeding tickets (both of them for 84mph oddly enough). The entire drive took about 32 hours and I arrived home late on Tuesday afternoon.
When my girlfriend got home after work she was, needless to say, surprised to see my car in the driveway. She found me asleep in bed. That's when she told me that my mother was trying to get ahold of me (I was not reachable in Florida. I had to call out.)
I called my mother right away and she told me my grandmother had passed away suddenly early Sunday morning from a ruptured brain aneurysm. Her funeral was Wednesday afternoon. She was 84.

Last edited by Buug959; Yesterday at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 6
Esteban42229.00
Oldgixxer1685.00
vreihen1614904.50
cmyx6go15581.00
Mosaud19983892.50
      Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #4
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Never had anything ghostly happen to me but have heard plenty of stories like the ones above.

My Mom died when I was young (17, I'm 69 now) and tbh would love to see her or hear from her. Don't know if I believe in things like that but maybe things are possible beyond what I believe in.
cmyx6go15581.00