XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

03-17-2022, 06:22 PM   #1
Mido01
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Comfort Access (CA) keyless entry/lock not working.

Hello,

I just bought a 2012 X1 with CA. Keyless start works without inserting the key fob in. Locking and unlocking using the fob works. But keyless entry/lock on both doors does not work. Just replaced key fob battery but still issue persists. I have only one key.

After researching online, I figured I should check the following to troubleshoot the issue:

-Fuses 61,72,73,79 behind the glove compartment (This is the easiest one to check and I will do it soon since I need to check fuse 8 anyways as the 12v sources/cigarette lighter front and back do not work).

-Key fob programming as there might be other keys that are programmed for the car and CA only works with the first 2 programmed keys.

-Door handles as the problem could be in the sensors or wires.

-Finally the CA module in the trunk of the car.

Now my specific issue might rule out some of the above and I need your help please if you went through this before. My issue is with both doors instead of just one and I think the probability of both handles being faulty is low as compared to if only one door had the issue. Another thing is that the car can detect that the key is inside and allows keyless start to work so that might rule out the CA module being faulty or the key fob programming?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
Botlfed98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

following, don't have much advice but mine stopped working even keyless start i believe when i accidentally drained my battery ....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 06:21 PM   #3
Mido01
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i

So according to the previous owner, he had to disconnect the keyless entry because on the driver's handle it was draining the car's battery. So I guess it is the wiring in the handle.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 09:19 PM   #4
Botlfed98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

well i just discovered my #61 fuse was blown....
Appreciate 0