XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #1
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
18455
Rep
1,901
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Remember when the Obama's administration wiretapped Merkel's phones

Obama acted no different than Putin, the NSA monitored calls of 35 world leaders after US official handed over contacts, it was all approved by Obama!
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
2034
Rep
2,046
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
....it was all approved by Obama!
And Bush43, and every other President since we've had the capability.

It's not analogous to Russia until you can demonstrate that our government actively tried to influence Germany's elections.
Appreciate 2
Lups9941.00
jmg4766.00

      07-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
18455
Rep
1,901
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
And Bush43, and every other President since we've had the capability.

It's not analogous to Russia until you can demonstrate that our government actively tried to influence Germany's elections.
Obama approved the order to wiretap Merkel, not Bush 43.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
2034
Rep
2,046
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Sure. Tell yourself that.
Appreciate 1
Lups9941.00

      07-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
18455
Rep
1,901
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Sure. Tell yourself that.
*
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
PA135ii153.00

      07-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #6
schoy
Captain
484
Rep
652
Posts

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
*
Here's the article you quoted. Read before posting.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10407282/Barack-Obama-approved-tapping-Angela-Merkels-phone-3-years-ago.html
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #7
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
3298
Rep
1,937
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Obama acted no different than Putin, the NSA monitored calls of 35 world leaders after US official handed over contacts, it was all approved by Obama!
Great! Perhaps we will also wire tap the Putin / Trump meeting so the rest of us can get in on what they discuss.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #8
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
615
Rep
1,578
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone who thinks this isn't happening under every administration to every head of state we can reach is fucking dumb.
Appreciate 3
420Coupe205.50
UncleWede5243.00
jmg4766.00

      07-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #9
bbbbmw
Major General
2315
Rep
6,089
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
....it was all approved by Obama!
And Bush43, and every other President since we've had the capability.

It's not analogous to Russia until you can demonstrate that our government actively tried to influence Germany's elections.
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #10
BourneJack12
Banned
0
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Sure. Tell yourself that.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #11
irishbimmer
Major
361
Rep
1,042
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
They not only influenced the election, they elected Colonel Mustard. Wake up people.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #12
MojoRider
Private
MojoRider's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 430i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....

Whether they tried is no longer the question. Whether they influenced outcome is debatable.
http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/0...indictment.pdf

from trump appointee DHS head
https://www.axios.com/sec-nielsen-ca...19f4633df.html

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ing-red-again/

Hate to break it to you and Donald, they're not our friends.
__________________
2017 430i|Mineral Grey/Coral Red|M Sports Package|Premium|Tech|Lighting|Red Dachshund
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #13
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
3298
Rep
1,937
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
So your position on the recent indictment is that it's 100% fantasy. Completely fabricated gibberish?
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #14
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
2034
Rep
2,046
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
I don't need to demonstrate it. Literally our entire national intelligence apparatus has said so.


Appreciate 2
Lups9941.00

      07-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #15
bbbbmw
Major General
2315
Rep
6,089
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
I don't need to demonstrate it. Literally our entire national intelligence apparatus has said so.


http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/01/fa...e-dnc-podesta/
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #16
bbbbmw
Major General
2315
Rep
6,089
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
So your position on the recent indictment is that it's 100% fantasy. Completely fabricated gibberish?
I haven't taken "a position" on anything, since the facts aren't in.... But since you mentioned it:

- part of what the Russians are accused of hacking are the voter databases in IL and IA - which are made publicly available,

- the focus of the investigations is "did the Russians hack," and completely ignores that the DNC, Hillary, and the rest of the idiots had highly sensitive information on private email servers, being printed off by maids, sitting on Weiner's unsecured laptop, etc.

If this wasn't a Witch Hunt, there would be a parallel investigation into Hillary, the DNC, and the Obama Administration. And further investigations into criminal charges for Hillary, Donna Brazile, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz.

But it is a Witch Hunt, so don't expect that.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
arkie667.00

      07-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #17
Real Dodger
Always exploring.....
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3929
Rep
4,818
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Can you demonstrate that the Russians tried to influence our elections? Good luck with that....
So your position on the recent indictment is that it's 100% fantasy. Completely fabricated gibberish?
I haven't taken "a position" on anything, since the facts aren't in.... But since you mentioned it:

- part of what the Russians are accused of hacking are the voter databases in IL and IA - which are made publicly available,

- the focus of the investigations is "did the Russians hack," and completely ignores that the DNC, Hillary, and the rest of the idiots had highly sensitive information on private email servers, being printed off by maids, sitting on Weiner's unsecured laptop, etc.

If this wasn't a Witch Hunt, there would be a parallel investigation into Hillary, the DNC, and the Obama Administration. And further investigations into criminal charges for Hillary, Donna Brazile, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz.

But it is a Witch Hunt, so don't expect that.
Witch hunt is not an appropriate term.

Females: witches

Males: sorcerer

Hence: it's a sorcerer hunt

Trump even screwed that up!
__________________
praeses decurrit sicut puella
Appreciate 3
bbbbmw2315.00

      07-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #18
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
3298
Rep
1,937
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I haven't taken "a position" on anything, since the facts aren't in.... But since you mentioned it:

- part of what the Russians are accused of hacking are the voter databases in IL and IA - which are made publicly available,

- the focus of the investigations is "did the Russians hack," and completely ignores that the DNC, Hillary, and the rest of the idiots had highly sensitive information on private email servers, being printed off by maids, sitting on Weiner's unsecured laptop, etc.

If this wasn't a Witch Hunt, there would be a parallel investigation into Hillary, the DNC, and the Obama Administration. And further investigations into criminal charges for Hillary, Donna Brazile, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz.

But it is a Witch Hunt, so don't expect that.
So the Republican controlled Congress and White House are holding off on the parallel investigation of HRC, the DNC, and Obama because, why?
Appreciate 5
Zlaatan567.00
minn194014.00

      07-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #19
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
2034
Rep
2,046
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/...ector-national

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations....





https://www.dni.gov/index.php/what-w...bers-of-the-ic

The U.S. Intelligence Community is composed of the following 17 organizations:

Two independent agencies—the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA);

Eight Department of Defense elements—the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the National Security Agency (NSA), the National Geospatial- Intelligence Agency (NGA), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and intelligence elements of the four DoD services; the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force.

Seven elements of other departments and agencies—the Department of Energy’s Office of Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence; the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis and U.S. Coast Guard Intelligence; the Department of Justice’s Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Drug Enforcement Agency’s Office of National Security Intelligence; the Department of State’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research; and the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis.

Last edited by hooligan_clt; 07-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Appreciate 1
minn194014.00

      07-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #20
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1148
Rep
919
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Witch hunt is not an appropriate term.

Females: witches

Males: sorcerer

Hence: it's a sorcerer hunt

Trump even screwed that up!
brb tweeting to Trump to change his terminology.

sorry, but im saying its my original, fantastic, most wonderful idea
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

#judy4prez
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #21
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5243
Rep
5,864
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/...ector-national

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations....





https://www.dni.gov/index.php/what-w...bers-of-the-ic

The U.S. Intelligence Community is composed of the following 17 organizations:

Two independent agencies—the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA);

Eight Department of Defense elements—the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the National Security Agency (NSA), the National Geospatial- Intelligence Agency (NGA), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and intelligence elements of the four DoD services; the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force.

Seven elements of other departments and agencies—the Department of Energy’s Office of Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence; the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis and U.S. Coast Guard Intelligence; the Department of Justice’s Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Drug Enforcement Agency’s Office of National Security Intelligence; the Department of State’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research; and the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis.
Serious question, because I'm not sure yet. How does hacking email = influencing our elections? Is it because the results were given to the world to see, via Wikileaks, etc? Because only DNC emails were released? Once emails were hacked, did Russian agents then send messages on behalf of those hacked email accounts that then changed the voting results?

I have zero doubt that emails were compromised. I know there were Russian agents (among others ) who compromised those systems illegally. I would hope, but don't realistically expect those responsible to be brought to justice.

I do hope that lessons have been learned, and resources are now more secure, security measures have been put in place, etc. OpSec is important.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #22
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
3298
Rep
1,937
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Serious question, because I'm not sure yet. How does hacking email = influencing our elections? Is it because the results were given to the world to see, via Wikileaks, etc? Because only DNC emails were released? Once emails were hacked, did Russian agents then send messages on behalf of those hacked email accounts that then changed the voting results?

I have zero doubt that emails were compromised. I know there were Russian agents (among others ) who compromised those systems illegally. I would hope, but don't realistically expect those responsible to be brought to justice.

I do hope that lessons have been learned, and resources are now more secure, security measures have been put in place, etc. OpSec is important.
Serious question in response to your serious question: Have you read the recent indictment? If not, start there: https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

This went well beyond stealing and releasing some e-mails on Wikileaks.
Appreciate 2
minn194014.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST