06-06-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

TPMS

Hi guys, needing some help here

My X1 wheels, were terrible. So I sourced an upgrade from ebay (gen BMW) with tyres.
They didnt come with TPMS Valves, so I need ot have some fitted as the car just reports an inactive fault all the time.

I took my original wheels to a tyre place, left the wheel with them and they called to say they cant get them off the wheels to fit them on to my new ones.

I have been looking at aftermarket ones, but not sure if these need coded etc. some conflicting info out there and wondered if anyone knows about these, this is my first experience in changing these.

TIA
      06-07-2020, 07:18 AM   #2
BillACK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i

I've swapped out the sensors on my 2014 X1 with aftermarket ones and the car recognized them with no issues. (I does take a few miles.)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
orca4wd
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
Hi guys, needing some help here

My X1 wheels, were terrible. So I sourced an upgrade from ebay (gen BMW) with tyres.
They didnt come with TPMS Valves, so I need ot have some fitted as the car just reports an inactive fault all the time.

I took my original wheels to a tyre place, left the wheel with them and they called to say they cant get them off the wheels to fit them on to my new ones.

I have been looking at aftermarket ones, but not sure if these need coded etc. some conflicting info out there and wondered if anyone knows about these, this is my first experience in changing these.

TIA

One option is to Enable FTM (Flat Tire Monitor) and Disalbe TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System). This way you can eliminate having to replace TPMS sensors when battery go dead. The disadvantage of the FTM system is won't trigger dash light if all tires equally lost pressure so you'll need to check it once in a while. Switched over, sold my TPMS sensors and works fine for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
Walesy
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillACK View Post
I've swapped out the sensors on my 2014 X1 with aftermarket ones and the car recognized them with no issues. (I does take a few miles.)
Managed to get them off matey, bought a repair kit for the valves, should be here tomorrow hopefully. The kit was £15 and I managed to get the sensors off in one go, so fingers crossed it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca4wd View Post

One option is to Enable FTM (Flat Tire Monitor) and Disalbe TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System). This way you can eliminate having to replace TPMS sensors when battery go dead. The disadvantage of the FTM system is won't trigger dash light if all tires equally lost pressure so you'll need to check it once in a while. Switched over, sold my TPMS sensors and works fine for me.
I seen this while searching this, if the repair kit doesnt work, I may look at this option.

Appreciated guys, I may be back on to pester you both on this if Plan B is unsuccessful. Plan A was to get them off in a one go and have them swapped over LOL
      06-26-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
Walesy
Scotland
Rep

All sorted guys

The repair kit was successful with a £20 fee to install them. £35 all in
Cheers for the help!