XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 Photos / Videos / Media

09-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
BostonJP
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28i

Bought my first BMW last week!

After more than a decade of owning only Honda and Chrysler vehicles I finally decided it's time to go to a "nice" car. So after a few weeks of test driving various German cars and one Acura I finally decided on a lightly-used 2013 E84 X1!

I wasn't in love with the color until I saw it in person. Valencia Orange really pops in the sun!

However, after just a few days of driving it, I kept hearing a knocking sound from the front corner. I realized that one of the two bolts holding the brake caliper in place had gone astray, and every time I hit the brake, the caliper would pivot off the other bolt and scrape the inside of the wheel. I immediately parked it in my driveway, called AAA, and got it towed back to the dealership. I'm now on Day 5 with a loaner (a fully loaded 430xi) while they replace the bolt, inspect every square inch of the X1, and refinish the wheel.

Off to a rocky start but I will say that BMW USA is standing by their product and I look forward to getting it back.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
kiloTHREE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 xDrive28i

I would have jumped on the orange had I found one, but midnight blue ain't too shabby either. Just as long as it's not silver .
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Congrats on your new ride, she looks good in VO
Appreciate 3
      09-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

VO is one of my Favorites along with the Alpine White I have.
The bottom section of my car is Black with a middle Silver Section Front and Rear. Was thinking of getting the Bottom Section Painted Alpine White to give it the M Look, But instead I Painted the Silver Sections Black and it looks much better.
What are your Early Thoughts on Upgrades?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
BostonJP
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
VO is one of my Favorites along with the Alpine White I have.
The bottom section of my car is Black with a middle Silver Section Front and Rear. Was thinking of getting the Bottom Section Painted Alpine White to give it the M Look, But instead I Painted the Silver Sections Black and it looks much better.
That sounds slick! without digging through your post history do you have a photo?

I'm a child of the 80's so my initial thought for exterior paint work was flames, but something subtle like a darker burnt orange. The VO is sharp enough though and the silver trim pieces are a very nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTony View Post
What are your Early Thoughts on Upgrades?
So I am a complete and total BMW noob and not yet well versed in upgrades. I don't know that much about performance options in general (I'm impressed though, that it seems to be a little quicker than the Dodge Charger that I just traded in!).

Having been in the fully loaded loaner 430xi for a few days now, I do kind of wish my X1 had better technology. I have the technology package which includes navigation, but the loaner car also has satellite radio and a ton of bluetooth features in ConnectedDrive that aren't available on mine, and I'd like to research whether any upgrades are possible there.

Last edited by BostonJP; 09-22-2016 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: clarification
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Hi BostonJP,
For Picture go down 6 Posts to My Alpine White.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #7
JingM
Rep
Drives: Bmw X1 E84

Congrats man. I just bought one too, base model 2013 and i love it for DD.
Appreciate 1