XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
davemqv
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 xDrive28i

Recommendations for seat covers?

Does anyone have a recommendation for some good seat covers for the x1?

I'm looking for something that breathes well and hopefully isn't too ugly.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #2
05X3lover
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 Dark Gray X1 AWD

My wife and I have been looking on and off for some for her '15 X1, too. Haven't found much though. 'isn't too ugly' is the sticking point..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
davemqv
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05X3lover View Post
My wife and I have been looking on and off for some for her '15 X1, too. Haven't found much though. 'isn't too ugly' is the sticking point..
Yeah, you're not kidding. So far throwing a black towel over the seat has been the nicest looking option!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
kiloTHREE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 xDrive28i

Wet okole are about the best you can buy for long lasting and quality. Not cheap though. Looks, eh decide for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
05X3lover
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemqv View Post
Yeah, you're not kidding. So far throwing a black towel over the seat has been the nicest looking option!
Yeah you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to find some basic, form fitting covers that looked fairly plain Jane but fit and protected the seats well. But it seems like the manufacturers all try to make the covers look fancy and upscale, and they just end up looking really tacky. Maybe some look in better in person mounted on the seats, but I'm not willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a set in the hope that might be the case.

Anyone got a set they really like? Post some pics or links!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #6
davemqv
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05X3lover View Post
Yeah you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to find some basic, form fitting covers that looked fairly plain Jane but fit and protected the seats well. But it seems like the manufacturers all try to make the covers look fancy and upscale, and they just end up looking really tacky. Maybe some look in better in person mounted on the seats, but I'm not willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on a set in the hope that might be the case.

Anyone got a set they really like? Post some pics or links!
Funnily enough, I think i just found some I like!

I took a Lyft home from work the other day and the driver had some nice, comfortable, natural fiber covers on his seats. I asked about them and he gave me the link. Coincidentally, the pic on the company's site actually shows them installed in an X1 (I think). The company is called suninbox.

https://www.suninbox.us/buckwheat-hu...-full-set.html

What I like is that they're nice looking, made of natural materials, and they seem well made and don't look cheesy.

I don't like the headrest covers (the fit is awkward looking - overhangs the headrests) but apparently the seat, back, and headrest are 3 separate pieces so you can just not install that part (although unfortunately while you can buy the seat pad on it's own the other parts only come in the full seat 3 part package).

Overall though they aren't expansive so if they don't work out it won't be a catastrophe. I've just ordered a set of seat pads so I'll post pics once I get them.
Attached Images

Last edited by davemqv; 07-13-2019 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #7
05X3lover
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemqv View Post
Funnily enough, I think i just found some I like!

I took a Lyft home from work the other day and the driver had some nice, comfortable, natural fiber covers on his seats. I asked about them and he gave me the link. Coincidentally, the pic on the company's site actually shows them installed in an X1 (I think). The company is called suninbox.

https://www.suninbox.us/buckwheat-hu...-full-set.html

What I like is that they're nice looking, made of natural materials, and they seem well made and don't look cheesy.

I don't like the headrest covers (the fit is awkward looking - overhangs the headrests) but apparently the seat, back, and headrest are 3 separate pieces so you can just not install that part (although unfortunately while you can buy the seat pad on it's own the other parts only come in the full seat 3 part package).

Overall though they aren't expansive so if they don't work out it won't be a catastrophe. I've just ordered a set of seat pads so I'll post pics once I get them.
Wow, those are nice. Can you post a couple pics when you get yours? I just showed them to my wife and she's like 'I'm not sure, they look a little strange', lol. I think they look great though, and I bet she'll come around. Great price, too..
Appreciate 0