XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
normastitz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Android install question

Hello everyone. I have a 2014 X28i I recently picked up an android 10.25 inch screen off of AliExpress and need some direction. I ordered the CIC version and it comes with a module where the screen and GPS antenna plug in.
What do I do
I also noticed on the CIC that there are four or five coax connectors on the back.
Do I leave them where they are or do I need a splitter to connect to the android module? Another issue is removing the CIC. I’ve seen online where some people have removed a small plastic bracket. In order to get mine out, it appears I need to pull the whole center consul back because there are two plastic tabs that hold it in place. How the hell do you get it out without bending the tabs on the CIC?
Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
Jonathan0880
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by normastitz View Post
Hello everyone. I have a 2014 X28i I recently picked up an android 10.25 inch screen off of AliExpress and need some direction. I ordered the CIC version and it comes with a module where the screen and GPS antenna plug in.
What do I do
I also noticed on the CIC that there are four or five coax connectors on the back.
Do I leave them where they are or do I need a splitter to connect to the android module? Another issue is removing the CIC. I’ve seen online where some people have removed a small plastic bracket. In order to get mine out, it appears I need to pull the whole center consul back because there are two plastic tabs that hold it in place. How the hell do you get it out without bending the tabs on the CIC?
Thank you in advance!
Sorry, can't offer any help on the install but I think it's a really cool upgrade... I can't wait to do this modification also...there is a shop in Toronto that does the complete install!
Appreciate 0