XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #89
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
They don't? You should check out how much JJ Watt raised for the hurricane victims or the hundreds of charities started/run by current and former NFL players. They do much more good for society than the average person.
Buying your way out of being patriotic because you are super rich or popular, BFD!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #90
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666orDeath View Post
Buying your way out of being patriotic because you are super rich or popular, BFD!!!
what would you want them to do. lol
      09-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #91
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
what would you want them to do. lol
Hmmm. Taking a knee for violence of police against blacks is bogus. Studies over the past 15 yrs show zero difference in chance of being shot by police based on race. Blacks are shot and killed a hundred times more by other blacks than police. If the players really wanted to do something, have representatives of each team travel to Chicago and meet with Rahm Emmanuel and the city council and judges and ask why they keep releasing gun crime offenders, which commit 90% of gun crime, back on the streets with light sentences, and why they have handcuffed police from going after them. Have them meet with the leaders of black lives matter and ask them why with the overwhelming majority of black shootings dine by other blacks they aren't calling out the problem in the black community and not the cops.

Study by a black liberal harvard economist who said this was the most surprising result of his career.
http://www.businessinsider.com/study...ootings-2016-7

FBI statistics back it up and confirm.

Maybe they could address the black population of America, tell them that deaths through shootings, drug OD, etc are overwhelmingly committed by other blacks, that the police aren't the enemy, that protecting black criminals instead of cooperating with police only perpetuates the violence, ask them if it was their husband, mother, child lying dead in the street, would they want people to cooperate with police? And start healing the disconnect between police and the black community.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-26-2017 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #92
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Hmmm. Taking a knee for violence of police against blacks is bogus. Studies over the past 15 yrs show zero difference in chance of being shot by police based on race. Blacks are shot and killed a hundred times more by other blacks than police. If the players really wanted to do something, have representatives of each team travel to Chicago and meet with Rahm Emmanuel and the city council and judges and ask why they keep releasing gun crime offenders, which commit 90% of gun crime, back on the streets with light sentences, and why they have handcuffed police from going after them. Have them meet with the leaders of black lives matter and ask them why with the overwhelming majority of black shootings dine by other blacks they aren't calling out the problem in the black community and not the cops.

Study by a black liberal harvard economist who said this was the most surprising result of his career.
http://www.businessinsider.com/study...ootings-2016-7

FBI statistics back it up and confirm.

Maybe they could address the black population of America, tell them that deaths through shootings, drug OD, etc are overwhelmingly committed by other blacks, that the police aren't the enemy, that protecting black criminals instead of cooperating with police only perpetuates the violence, ask them if it was their husband, mother, child lying dead in the street, would they want people to cooperate with police? And start healing the disconnect between police and the black community.
and then after we do all that would you be willing to actually listen to why the protests.
      09-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #93
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
and then after we do all that would you be willing to actually listen to why the protests.
I do listen. I am. I have all along. I stated it above. It's to protest police killing blacks started by unemployed Kaepernick. And since there's zero evidence of this, dismissed them. When studies show zero evidence, when courts rule no evidence in events that are used as examples, Ferguson, Baltimore, when the majority of the police involved are themselves black, when black eye witnesses step up to back up the police acvpunt as well as physical evidence, sure. Show me a legit cop violence against anyone, lock up the cop. But pointing out and protesting these is like putting a bandaid on a papercut of someone who was just shot. Ridiculous. And it's solely being done for political motives to manipulate minorities, not help them.

Why would you assume I didn't listen? Listening objectively, looking at the evidence, and drawing an unbiased conclusion based on evidence and not hearsay or prejudice that disagree with their opinions doesn't mean I didn't hear them.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #94
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

they are not protesting killing blacks. They are protesting killing blacks and cops not being punished for it.
      09-26-2017, 01:47 PM   #95
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (sold)

Quote:
There are a few cases of bad cops out there (see South Carolina case where cop was a jackass (and probably a racist) and he is now paying the piper for his act) but there is NO EPIDEMIC. The epidemic is the senseless slaughtering of blacks by blacks that happens every damn day. That is what they ought to be (and rightfully so) pissing and moaning about. How about protesting and taking a knee at rallies condemning this senseless bullshit. It is not Trump's fault nor is the fault of the National Anthem or the US Flag. These players are dumber than a bag of dicks or just plain oblivious.....or most likely, both.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #96
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
they are not protesting killing blacks. They are protesting killing blacks and cops not being punished for it.
Yes. There is zero evidence of this. Name one? Yes there have been some instances of blacks being shot by white cops illegally. They were prosecuted and sentenced and make up about 0.01% of black shooting homicides. Yes there have been cases where evidence
Proved the cops, usually black, were innocent Hands up don't shoot lie or the guy in the car with whe gun and the wife phone taping it from a distance come to mind.

And meanwhile there are over 1000 shooting victims of black on black in Chicago so far this year.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #97
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Go Cowboys!
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #98
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
Go Cowboys!
I don't mind what the cowboy players did to show solidarity with players for speaking their mind. I respect that they knelt before the anthem. But for the players with piggy cop socks you can rot on the unemployment lines.
Appreciate 2
      09-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #99
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

The real travesty here is the cowboys were not allowed to take a knee for the Dallas cops executed by black activists. Or that people don't point out more cops are being executed by black thugs, black and white cops, male and female, than blacks are being illegally killed by cops because of this false narrative. Where's that outrage?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #100
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

well thanks for understanding why they are protesting. awareness has been raised on the issue and that's their right.
      09-26-2017, 02:15 PM   #101
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
The real travesty here is the cowboys were not allowed to take a knee for the Dallas cops executed by black activists. Or that people don't point out more cops are being executed by black thugs, black and white cops, male and female, than blacks are being illegally killed by cops because of this false narrative. Where's that outrage?

Black activists? Don't you mean one deranged guy who happened to be black? Come on man.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #102
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
well thanks for understanding why they are protesting. awareness has been raised on the issue and that's their right.
I understand, their issue is fictitious, they are disrespecting the country that gave them their job and freedom to be disrespectful, and disrespecting every veteran who served and often died for their freedom. My awareness is now how disrespectful these guys are, which ones they are, what teams, and where my rating and money for sports tickets and items will go. And I'm not alone with a majority of the US and larger majority of football fans feeling the same way. So in a way they did do me a service.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #103
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
I understand, their issue is fictitious, they are disrespecting the country that gave them their job and freedom to be disrespectful, and disrespecting every veteran who served and often died for their freedom. My awareness is now how disrespectful these guys are, which ones they are, what teams, and where my rating and money for sports tickets and items will go. And I'm not alone with a majority of the US and larger majority of football fans feeling the same way. So in a way they did do me a service.

Are you a veteran? Don't speak for what veterans feel or don't feel. I am 4th generation military with a son in Mosul, Iraq right now, and none of the men in my family who served in combat feel disrespected by football players kneeling during the anthem.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #104
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Black activists? Don't you mean one deranged guy who happened to be black? Come on man.
Dallas, baton rouge, NYC, etc etc etc. Where's the evidence of one cop not prosecuted for shooting a black man? Where's the evidence of blacks being shot more than anyone else by police? I already cited there isn't any. Where's even 1% of the outrage against the overwhelming majority number one killer of blacks, other blacks?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #105
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Dallas, baton rouge, NYC, etc etc etc. Where's the evidence of one cop not prosecuted for shooting a black man? Where's the evidence of blacks being shot more than anyone else by police? I already cited there isn't any. Where's even 1% of the outrage against the overwhelming majority number one killer of blacks, other blacks?

You said, "the cowboys were not allowed to take a knee for the Dallas cops executed by black activists"

The cops shot in Dallas were shot by one mentally unstable individual. No activists shot them, just one man who was not an activist.

And if you want evidence, all you have to do is research, don't be a tool bag.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:28 PM   #106
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Are you a veteran? Don't speak for what veterans feel or don't feel. I am 4th generation military with a son in Mosul, Iraq right now, and none of the men in my family who served in combat feel disrespected by football players kneeling during the anthem.
Military family. We all do as did the former ranger now Steelers player who was the lone player on the field for the national anthem.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #107
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Military family. We all do as did the former ranger now Steelers player who was the lone player on the field for the national anthem.
So you're not a veteran, so you don't shit about sacrificing for your country so that people have the right to kneel during a song if they want to. And Alejandro Villanueva exercised his right, and he defended his team mates who exercised theirs so you don't know jack shit.

Quote:
Villanueva insists he was not, that saluting the colors had everything to do with miscommunication and nothing to do with him setting himself apart from the organization, the coaches or the players who have helped craft his improbable success story.

"It's a very embarrassing part on my end," Villanueva said on Monday. "When everyone sees images of me standing by myself, everybody thinks the team and the Steelers are not behind me and that is absolutely wrong. It's quite the opposite."

Villanueva also defended NFL players who opted not to stand during the anthem.

“What people don’t understand is ... we’re not talking about the same thing,” the 29-year-old athlete told reporters. “People who are taking the knee, they’re not saying anything negative about the military … [or] about the flag. They’re just trying to protest the fact that there are some injustices in America.”
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #108
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

If they're protesting some fictitious injustices, doing it by taking a knee during the national anthem is not the way to do it. And the league is hypocritical by not allowing players to honor fallen cops but allows players to "draw attention" to something that doesn't exist thats fueling the kill cops or cops are the enemy mentality.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:54 PM   #109
9krpmrx8
Rep

Frankly, no one gives a shit what you think about any of it.
Appreciate 2
Doc Oc1420.00
Taskmaster2463.00
      09-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #110
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Frankly, no one gives a shit what you think about any of it.
No more than you but the masses will speak. I'm just stating facts.
Appreciate 0