XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #1
proteus290
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 35I Ultimate

Garage List
Question Melting rubber door handle interior inserts

Inner door panel handle inserts r getting dirty, soft and very sticky and wont clean up holding dirt.

Anyone have any preference for upgrades for this little trim piece , I have beige now the carbon fiber look seems nice also.

Any brand vendor or brand preferences? Seems that they pop out without removing door panel with a trim tool/ correct?

any advice or experience with this replacement item truely appreciated guess I need to do all 4 doors if changing to a the carbon fiber pattern is this a good choice or a mistake over the oem tan? silver would be choice # 3.
Tan/Beige is just ok ?

please advise

proteus290 Austin Tx
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #2
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus290 View Post
Inner door panel handle inserts r getting dirty, soft and very sticky and wont clean up holding dirt.

Anyone have any preference for upgrades for this little trim piece , I have beige now the carbon fiber look seems nice also.

Any brand vendor or brand preferences? Seems that they pop out without removing door panel with a trim tool/ correct?

any advice or experience with this replacement item truely appreciated guess I need to do all 4 doors if changing to a the carbon fiber pattern is this a good choice or a mistake over the oem tan? silver would be choice # 3.
Tan/Beige is just ok ?

please advise

proteus290 Austin Tx
Common issue. Amazon can provide inexpensive replacement parts. Don't get things like skin lotion on the doors.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
acmf
Rep
Drives: E84, E84, E92

Just replaced mine with unbranded Chinese copies from Aliexpress. Kept the stock look though.

Unlike the original rubbery handles the new inserts are made of hard plastic. This is noticeable when compared side-by-side, but I couldn't feel any significant difference after having them installed.

The inserts just pop out, and I found it to be easier to unclip them starting from the back of the armrest.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #4
jaykaybimmerguy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 - E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmf View Post
Just replaced mine with unbranded Chinese copies from Aliexpress. Kept the stock look though.

Unlike the original rubbery handles the new inserts are made of hard plastic. This is noticeable when compared side-by-side, but I couldn't feel any significant difference after having them installed.

The inserts just pop out, and I found it to be easier to unclip them starting from the back of the armrest.
do you have a part number from AliExpress? These look great!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:49 AM   #5
acmf
Rep
Drives: E84, E84, E92

I don't have it I'm afraid. I can't even find this order on my list of completed orders for some reason, as if they've rolled my account back - it's just empty now.
Appreciate 0