XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

11-07-2021, 11:19 PM   #67
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Says the "attorney" who says having a good attorney has zero relevance in a criminal proceeding (LOL) and then gives grammatical tips - WHILE making a mistake themselves.

And I'M the dipshit?
No, you said he is going to "get off" because of his attorney. I said in these particular circumstances there is no way he is "getting off" even if John Marshall himself rises from the grave to represent him. Anything beyond that and you are just putting words in my mouth.
I see you're as efficiently astute with reading comprehension as you are giving grammar tips. Nowhere did I say he was going to "get off". That's your assumption. That would be the difference between an exceptional attorney (less time / time served / playing up the jury) vs some attorney who, I dunno, has no reading comprehension and can't teach grammar as your attorney.

I'm sure you realize this already but, you're not going to be making partner any time soon. And by any time soon, I mean never.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 06:55 AM   #68
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Quote:
Says the "attorney" who says having a good attorney has zero relevance in a criminal proceeding (LOL) and then gives grammatical tips - WHILE making a mistake themselves.

And I'M the dipshit?
No, you said he is going to "get off" because of his attorney. I said in these particular circumstances there is no way he is "getting off" even if John Marshall himself rises from the grave to represent him. Anything beyond that and you are just putting words in my mouth.
I see you're as efficiently astute with reading comprehension as you are giving grammar tips. Nowhere did I say he was going to "get off". That's your assumption. That would be the difference between an exceptional attorney (less time / time served / playing up the jury) vs some attorney who, I dunno, has no reading comprehension and can't teach grammar as your attorney.

I'm sure you realize this already but, you're not going to be making partner any time soon. And by any time soon, I mean never.
Can you 2 dipshits/lawyers/ grammar experts DM each other? No one want to read you 2 girls little cat fight. Thanks
Appreciate 4
      11-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #69
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
That's not how the NFLPA works. Releasing a player doesn't guarantee you don't have to pay or you can recoup your spendings. Even a half-wit attorney can easily say - "Recoup his prior salaries? Please show the court how his alleged (speaking as the attorney not my personal opinion) DUI in Oct 2021 impacted the team in any way shape or form in September of 2021. August, July. Better yet, show us how it impacted the team in 2020."

Please don't get me wrong. He royally fucked up. Period. The book should be thrown at him - he took an innocent life (well, two lives, including the golden retriever) I'm just saying, there's attorneys out there that can minimize the damage he will absorb. The bigger impact will be how Ruggs carries himself from now until trial.

As for the bail, my comment was in reference to the state. State requested 1 mil for bail. Didn't happen.

Lastly. He already hired the best of the best. Durst's former attorney. DiCaprio. Mike Tyson. Ronaldo. List goes on.

Like I said. This is how the world works. Unfortunately or in the case of a select few, fortunately.
Teams get signing bonuses back all the time. They put language in to nearly all the contracts that if a player gets cut for conduct detrimental to the team, the team has an opportunity to recoup signing bonuses. Im not talking salaries, as that isnt something they can recoup, but the signing bonus can.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #70
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
report say he was drag racing
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #71
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
That's not how the NFLPA works. Releasing a player doesn't guarantee you don't have to pay or you can recoup your spendings. Even a half-wit attorney can easily say - "Recoup his prior salaries? Please show the court how his alleged (speaking as the attorney not my personal opinion) DUI in Oct 2021 impacted the team in any way shape or form in September of 2021. August, July. Better yet, show us how it impacted the team in 2020."

Please don't get me wrong. He royally fucked up. Period. The book should be thrown at him - he took an innocent life (well, two lives, including the golden retriever) I'm just saying, there's attorneys out there that can minimize the damage he will absorb. The bigger impact will be how Ruggs carries himself from now until trial.

As for the bail, my comment was in reference to the state. State requested 1 mil for bail. Didn't happen.

Lastly. He already hired the best of the best. Durst's former attorney. DiCaprio. Mike Tyson. Ronaldo. List goes on.

Like I said. This is how the world works. Unfortunately or in the case of a select few, fortunately.
Teams get signing bonuses back all the time. They put language in to nearly all the contracts that if a player gets cut for conduct detrimental to the team, the team has an opportunity to recoup signing bonuses. Im not talking salaries, as that isnt something they can recoup, but the signing bonus can.
Signing bonus for sure. Especially for conduct detrimental to the organization, most definitely but salary wise, like you said, they can't recoup. Especially guaranteed salaries like Ruggs - he's got a chunk of his money already. Minus the remaining years.

Wins the golden ticket and then pisses it away…….
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #72
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

He never said he's a lawyer, just that he has a law degree - big difference. Anyway, I wish ppl would just be more civil when *debating* (NOT arguing) esp when some person lost her life here...if you wanna direct your venom, do it at the stupid football dude. Cmon guys.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 12:41 PM   #73
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

MORE LAWYER FIGHt. CONTINURE FIGHTING WITHOUT ALL THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #74
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Signing bonus for sure. Especially for conduct detrimental to the organization, most definitely but salary wise, like you said, they can't recoup. Especially guaranteed salaries like Ruggs - he's got a chunk of his money already. Minus the remaining years.

Wins the golden ticket and then pisses it away…….
if you reread what i posted, i said signing bonus. he had a $10mill signing bonus that theyll get a good chunk back, and hes gonna have to give up the remaining years that were guaranteed. Hes gotten $11mill of his 16mill contract already and most likely will be giving back at least half that 11mill

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 03:32 PM   #75
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

One caveat to all this that I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

This was not a one-off, "I was drunk" decision to speed recklessly.

Another video has surfaced of him driving triple digit speeds while sober just for the hell of it

https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...-down-2471423/
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3596.00
      11-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #76
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
of of the best wide receivers out there but cant drive for shit.
he wasnt even the best wr on his team...

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #77
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
One caveat to all this that I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

This was not a one-off, "I was drunk" decision to speed recklessly.

Another video has surfaced of him driving triple digit speeds while sober just for the hell of it

https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...-down-2471423/
I imagine there are quite a few folks on this forum who have done triple digit numbers in their BMW, etc. The difference might be the choice of venue. Doing triple digits on a desolate, straight freeway sans traffic is far different than doing it on a road/freeway populated with traffic, cross streets, cross walks, traffic lights, etc.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0