XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > Classifieds: Members for sale-trade-wanted

05-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X1 xDrive35i

Exclamation FS NY: E84 17" Winter Setup - Michelin X-Ice 225/50-17

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
17" Sport Edition P4 wheels with Michelin X-Ice tires. Used for two seasons - they have 8-10k on them. The wheels are in 9.8/10 condition, no curbing whatsoever. I think one wheel has a tiny rock chip on it that I touched up with Mineral Gray.

These fit 28i and 35i. 225/50-17 is the correct size to retain speedometer accuracy if you are downsizing from an 18" or 19" wheel.

All tread depths have been measured at 8/32". Rotated each season. These fit the BMW center caps your vehicle comes with. I will include the Sport Edition caps as well as the lugnuts these shipped with.

No TPMS - I did the TPMS delete procedure and added Flat Tire Monitor on my vehicle, and you should too! :-)

I purchased this set mounted and road force balanced from Tire Rack, and it currently retails for $955.32 + shipping.

Selling for $595. Local pickup preferred, but I would be willing to meet an hour or two out if you are in the Northeast and far away.

Last edited by fiehlsport; 12-10-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump - Ready to go for 3 more seasons!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump for a perfect fitting set of Winter shoes for your AWD BMW :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #5
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump - tons of tread, and a bonus price drop!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

You had to use Icarly or equivalent to do the TPMS delete, as well at the flat tire monitoring thing too, right?

I'm still under CPO, and not sure I want to get into coding, in case there's an issue with something else. They are obviously going to know I touched things, and look for a reason to deny warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #7
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpAndCunning View Post
You had to use Icarly or equivalent to do the TPMS delete, as well at the flat tire monitoring thing too, right?

I'm still under CPO, and not sure I want to get into coding, in case there's an issue with something else. They are obviously going to know I touched things, and look for a reason to deny warranty.
I used an old Windows 7 laptop with the BMW coding tools to do it, yup. Completely reversible though, if you ever have to take the car in for an electronic issue.

I reversed my TPMS back to normal when I would take the vehicle in for issues and didn't want them to ask any questions. (Just more hassle than it's worth) But for normal servicing, (Oil, tire rotations, etc.) they can't blindly void the warranty if nothing is wrong, and I would leave it be. They would scan the vehicle with TPMS removed and it would always come back fine, since Flat Tire Monitor is a standard feature... just not in the US.

Honestly, I'm not sure any warranty could be voided regardless, since the TPMS/FTM coding would have to be blamed as the root cause of whatever issue you went in for. Since it's not anything aftermarket, it's a longshot that any coding would ever cause an issue that results in a warranty repair. I remember one member had to go in for a clockspring replacement and the dealers simply told him to re-code for TPMS, since they couldn't program the new module with FTM enabled. No extra cost or "voided" warranty on his end.

Or... you could choose to ignore the TPMS light if you went with a Winter set that lacked sensors. :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #8
fiehlsport
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

OBO!
Appreciate 0