XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #243
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfrem15 View Post
Which harness is it btw for the n55? B?
Yes, B on mine.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #244
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Uhhhh News flash from morning email for any potential modder's

From Dinan

"At this time we do not have plans to make software for the x1

I’m very disappointed in this. It is not 100% sure and hopefully after we crack the n55 code for the 535i, it will be much easier to make stuff for the x1 3.5. But as of now I have not dates to give you.

If we can communicate in July I will have a better idea of what cars we will/will not have software for.

Best Regards,

Joshua Treadwell - Dinan Engineering"


So sounds like their priority in software has shifted now and the N55 based 535i is where they're concentrating. Which in all honesty there is going to be a lot more of than X1 N55s

So I would pretty much just count Dinan out of this for years if ever.


I've got a sneaking suspicion COBB isn't giving it much effort either due to the relatively low volume of potential customers vs other platforms.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #245
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

From going to the track on Friday I was able to make 4 runs in a stock configuration. Of the 4 this was the best run. Just so happen to be against a Challenger.

__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #246
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
From going to the track on Friday I was able to make 4 runs in a stock configuration. Of the 4 this was the best run. Just so happen to be against a Challenger.

How were you launching? Based on that timeslip the car has a lot left in it. The 0-60 should be in the 1.8-1.9 range at worst based on the AWD, which would easily drop you into the mid-high 13's.

DTC on or off? I recommend turning it off and brake boosting to 2500rpm and then flooring it on the last yellow while letting off the brake.

What tires do you have?

It's nice to see someone else taking the X1 to the track. Hopefully we can start building some real datapoints. I ran a 12.9 last year without e85, and just ran a 13.1 on snow tires last week. My car is getting the summer tires swapped out right now and I expect to be in the mid-high 12's based on the addition of e85 plus the Alpina B3 flash.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #247
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
How were you launching? Based on that timeslip the car has a lot left in it.
Due to the issue with the JB I only ended up making 4 runs. That's not the best the vehicle can do because I wasn't doing any hard launches, not there to break things, and with only 4 runs I needed time to improve my timing as well. But overall I'd call a stock 35i a 14 sec vehicle.

Tires- All season Ps
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #248
nospam
Captain
10
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Keep in mind you're running a JB4, Yes ? This is a JB1. Different module inside. So isn't it possible it could work that way ?


Edit - Also Just today Terry went back into the .pdf install guide for the stage 1 and added that for the X1 (others too) you only use plugs 1 and 2
I believe the Stage 1 Tune is essentially a JB3.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #249
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Due to the issue with the JB I only ended up making 4 runs. That's not the best the vehicle can do because I wasn't doing any hard launches, not there to break things, and with only 4 runs I needed time to improve my timing as well. But overall I'd call a stock 35i a 14 sec vehicle.

Tires- All season Ps
The X1 should be faster than 14 seconds. Edmunds got 13.8 @ 2500ft elevation on all seasons. I'm expecting about a 13.6-13.7 stock at sea level, and that about matches with your 60ft time (and what it should be with a proper launch).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #250
nospam
Captain
10
Rep
672
Posts

Drives: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Tires- All season Ps
Wear these out and replace them ASAP. They are a compromise in performance in every way.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #251
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Wear these out and replace them ASAP. They are a compromise in performance in every way.
Run flats don't tend to last very long compared to other tires.




Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
The X1 should be faster than 14 seconds. Edmunds got 13.8 @ 2500ft elevation on all seasons. I'm expecting about a 13.6-13.7 stock at sea level, and that about matches with your 60ft time (and what it should be with a proper launch).
How many runs did they make to get that 13.8 ? Under what launch conditions ? Edmunds doesn't have to keep the car for years. They can even break it and hand it back to BMW.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #252
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Run flats don't tend to last very long compared to other tires.






How many runs did they make to get that 13.8 ? Under what launch conditions ? Edmunds doesn't have to keep the car for years. They can even break it and hand it back to BMW.
Who knows, but if you're talking about performance, that's how it's done. Cars are compared via their best times possible, not "avoiding breaking things."

Yes, the X1 may be a 14 second car if you don't launch it properly to "avoid breaking things." That's very different than saying the X1 is a "14 second car stock." This isn't really a debate -every .1 seconds in the 60ft is equal to .2 seconds in the 1/4 mile, and take a look at your 60ft. It's worse than RWD 335's on runflats would be, and you're AWD.

Also, you should be shifting at 6500rpm and not letting the car redline. This alone is worth another .1 seconds.

Regardless, people have launched our transmissions hundreds of times at the strip and failures are very rare. It's the exact same transmission used in cars with horsepower and torque far exceeding ours, and in fact is even identical to that used in the BMW ALpina B3 biturbo. As I mentioned, it even accepts the software flash.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 03-17-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #253
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

This is what I ran at the strip last week:

JB4 on map 1, 93 octane
Blizzak LM60 snow tires

1st gear launch but traction was totally useless with the Blizzaks, as evidenced by my 60ft. I spun in 1st and 2nd, DTC off. DTC on caused better 60ft times (1.83 seconds) but due to cutting the throttle my ET was higher and traps were lower.

Hoping to get out there again on Friday and expect to be into the mid-high twelves with P Zeros and e85 on map 5.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #254
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Who knows, but if you're talking about performance, that's how it's done. Cars are compared via their best times possible, not "avoiding breaking things."

Yes, the X1 may be a 14 second car if you don't launch it properly to "avoid breaking things." That's very different than saying the X1 is a "14 second car stock."
I don't disagree the times we get from folks are usually with them trying to peak things, that's why I take them with a grain of salt. You can criticize my launches or whatever I'm not trying to prove anything, just showing what happened when I went to the track with some friends. At least I'm trying things and posting stuff.

The thing I always hate about posting track times is people seem to think that time is supposed to represent something more than it does. I'm not the guy who only posts videos of his absolute best runs/times. I like showing what it did, probably not at it's best or me, but that's reality. There's people giving my friend flack because he ran a 12.7 in his M5 in that one run, like he committed a holy crime or something. Not all runs are good runs and if that's all you're ever shown or told about by someone they're a bullshatter.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #255
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
I don't disagree the times we get from folks are usually with them trying to peak things, that's why I take them with a grain of salt. You can criticize my launches or whatever I'm not trying to prove anything, just showing what happened when I went to the track with some friends. At least I'm trying things and posting stuff.

The thing I always hate about posting track times is people seem to think that time is supposed to represent something more than it does. I'm not the guy who only posts videos of his absolute best runs/times. I like showing what it did, probably not at it's best or me, but that's reality. There's people giving my friend flack because he ran a 12.7 in his M5 in that one run, like he committed a holy crime or something. Not all runs are good runs and if that's all you're ever shown or told about by someone their a bullshatter.

I'm not trying to criticize you at all - I'm super glad there is someone else besides me interested in getting some performance out of the X1. Just pointing out that with a couple of minor changes your car can be even faster at the strip!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #256
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I'm not trying to criticize you at all - I'm super glad there is someone else besides me interested in getting some performance out of the X1. Just pointing out that with a couple of minor changes your car can be even faster at the strip!
I've run many cars at the strip. I understand what can be done. I've been once in the X1 and because of problems with the JB I lost a little over the first hour there taking that off. Between what I promised to do for the other guys (pics video) I had enough time to make a grand total of 4 runs. The 14.1 was simply the best of those 4. I probably could pull that time down more if I could have been able to make 15 runs like the other guys. At around 10:00 pm some guy in an old buick blew oil all over the track so we just left instead of waiting for cleanup.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #257
Bokke
Major
Bokke's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
1,182
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 / F82 M4 / 991 GT3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
...There's people giving my friend flack because he ran a 12.7 in his M5 in that one run, like he committed a holy crime or something...
Hey, don't "drag" me into this!

Think how the Challenger guys feels....
__________________
Garage:
09 E90 ///M3 | SS | Black | Modded
13 Cayenne GTS | Carmine Red
15 F10 ///M5 | Frozen Black | CP | SO Interior | Piano Black
18 991.2 GT3 | Carmine Red | PCCB | LWB
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #258
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post
Hey, don't "drag" me into this!

Think how the Challenger guys feels....
Ahh ///M guy




The Akrapovic sounds good.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #259
djminkin
Private First Class
8
Rep
184
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I'm not trying to criticize you at all - I'm super glad there is someone else besides me interested in getting some performance out of the X1. Just pointing out that with a couple of minor changes your car can be even faster at the strip!
Are you running downpipes or just the JB4?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #260
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djminkin View Post
Are you running downpipes or just the JB4?
No downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #261
djminkin
Private First Class
8
Rep
184
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Oct 2007

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
No downpipes.
Those are good times. I have the same setup as you, intake and JB. Im thinking of doing the downpipes. You have any plans for yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #262
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
898
Rep
1,565
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djminkin View Post
Those are good times. I have the same setup as you, intake and JB. Im thinking of doing the downpipes. You have any plans for yours?
I would totally love to but am concerned about warranty, so probably won't do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #263
Christian.F
First Lieutenant
Christian.F's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: F80 Sakhir Orange II
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh | Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 428i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djminkin View Post
Those are good times. I have the same setup as you, intake and JB. Im thinking of doing the downpipes. You have any plans for yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I would totally love to but am concerned about warranty, so probably won't do it.
bmw5406spd has a DP on his...

I have intake now and planning on JB once weather gets better, and possibly the Alpina b3 Flash
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #264
CIWS
Moon Parasite
CIWS's Avatar
United_States
608
Rep
1,332
Posts

Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: D/FW

iTrader: (0)

JB1 is back on this morning and only with plugs 1 and 2 used as per Terry. No CELs yet. Will simply have to give it multiple days of testing to make sure it doesn't kick the random CEL like what happened before. Then if it stays, I'll get dyno and track data with it on.
__________________

2015 335i MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe -LLumar FormulaOne ceramic tint-aFe intake scoop and Pro Dry drop-in filter.
Was - 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST