XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #3257
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together? Reminds me of that Friends episode where Rachel wrote Ross an 18-page letter and he never even read it all
Lol, you are such a romantic...
I am!!! But I'm also practical and straight to the point
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13342.00
      02-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #3258
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
I am!!! But I'm also practical and straight to the point
Lol on Ross... I think his 18 pages boiled down to “but we were on a break”

Oh,wait, that was her letter... nevermind...
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      02-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #3259
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together?
I didn't spend Friday alone now did I?

Sometimes being deep and meaningful takes abnormal amounts of space. Those in the know appreciate it. Beethoven's Symphony 9 is over an hour long. I hope you enjoy your Kesha CD.
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #3260
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together?
I didn't spend Friday alone now did I?

Sometimes being deep and meaningful takes abnormal amounts of space. Those in the know appreciate it. Beethoven's Symphony 9 is over an hour long. I hope you enjoy your Kesha CD.
Yeesh, just teasing you! I like your happy story! But you're correct, I'd prefer Kesha over the symphony.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      02-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #3261
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
so how's everything now?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #3262
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
so how's everything now?
Just taking it slow. We live in different cities. We'll see what happens. I just got done with a 12+ year relationship. I'm in no rush, neither is she.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-11-2019, 07:19 AM   #3263
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
Good luck to you. I met up with a childhood sweetheart at 47. We've been together 8 years now, engaged and bought a house. He always tells me we wasted so many years but I don't think so. I think had we been together back then, it wouldn't have worked. We were different people and needed to grow and go though our life experiences to make us who we are today.
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13154.00
bimmette6452.50
      02-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #3264
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Good luck to you. I met up with a childhood sweetheart at 47. We've been together 8 years now, engaged and bought a house. He always tells me we wasted so many years but I don't think so. I think had we been together back then, it wouldn't have worked. We were different people and needed to grow and go though our life experiences to make us who we are today.
That's an awesome story, I'm very happy for you. I'm of the same mindset in that I don't think I would have made a good spouse at age 26; I needed more time to mature and grow. Today is a completely different story, I'm more ready for it now than I ever have been.

Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15679.00
      02-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #3265
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
anyone got $70k tho? she's cute
Weekend rental, try it on for size.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #3266
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Update: We spent most of the weekend together.

I caught a cold late Sunday and I didn't go to work yesterday. She came by to check up on me and made me something to eat. She called me after leaving because she thought she saw the ambulance headed towards my place. I told her I was fine. She wanted to make sure I was okay because we're "friends."
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #3267
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Update: We spent most of the weekend together.

I caught a cold late Sunday and I didn't go to work yesterday. She came by to check up on me and made me something to eat. She called me after leaving because she thought she saw the ambulance headed towards my place. I told her I was fine. She wanted to make sure I was okay because we're "friends."
This chick straight up loves you dude.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #3268
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
This chick straight up loves you dude.
I think she still loves her deceased husband and I don't blame her. We'll see what happens though. I'll keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
bimmette6452.50
      02-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #3269
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think she still loves her deceased husband and I don't blame her. We'll see what happens though. I'll keep you guys updated.
This is something that you will most likely have to deal with if you are with her. My fathers second wife was a widow and this was an issue between them for years. Their scenario was extremely different as I believe she had some serious BPD. I can remember being young and having pictures of her and her deceased husband hanging on the walls in our house. Pretty strange.

Back story time: Her and her deceased husband were very wealthy and lived in Indianapolis. Their daughters went to a private school in Texas. He was a pilot and they flew to Texas to pick up their daughters and bring them home for Christmas. During the flight there, their plane went down and caught fire. He was unconscious and her legs were broken and pinned. She literally watched her husband burn in front of her. She somehow got herself free and crawled to safety. After spending the night in the woods at the crash sight not knowing her location, she drug herself with both legs broken for several miles until she was found on the side of a highway by a passing motorist. I remember my father showing me the newspaper that had the write up in detailing the events. My father was only married to her for a few years but I do remember that she always had her legs covered to some degree. I did happen to catch a glimpse of them once right after she had taken a shower and only had on a robe. They literally looked like Fred Krueger's face. I always felt sorry for her but the crazy this woman possessed was unrivaled.....until year 2 with my second wife.

My apologies for the story and the rambling I've way too much caffeine today.
Appreciate 4
bimmette6452.50
Joekerr7929.00
      02-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #3270
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Curacao, are you on a cruise?
Just got back yesterday, so replying now. No not a cruise - went there with family, my brother and I took my parents as a belated 40th anniversary present (because last year didn't work with our schedules), so with all our families combined there was 10 of us there.

Great time, did Airbnb, got a pretty good house, really good stay. Flight back home got cancelled when we were at the airport, so our stay was extended unexpectedly for another day, but WestJet put us up in a really nice hotel, so no complaints really.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #3271
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This is something that you will most likely have to deal with if you are with her. My fathers second wife was a widow and this was an issue between them for years. Their scenario was extremely different as I believe she had some serious BPD. I can remember being young and having pictures of her and her deceased husband hanging on the walls in our house. Pretty strange.

Back story time: Her and her deceased husband were very wealthy and lived in Indianapolis. Their daughters went to a private school in Texas. He was a pilot and they flew to Texas to pick up their daughters and bring them home for Christmas. During the flight there, their plane went down and caught fire. He was unconscious and her legs were broken and pinned. She literally watched her husband burn in front of her. She somehow got herself free and crawled to safety. After spending the night in the woods at the crash sight not knowing her location, she drug herself with both legs broken for several miles until she was found on the side of a highway by a passing motorist. I remember my father showing me the newspaper that had the write up in detailing the events. My father was only married to her for a few years but I do remember that she always had her legs covered to some degree. I did happen to catch a glimpse of them once right after she had taken a shower and only had on a robe. They literally looked like Fred Krueger's face. I always felt sorry for her but the crazy this woman possessed was unrivaled.....until year 2 with my second wife.

We the OT always appreciate a good back story.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #3272
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
And we always appreciate a good back side!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      02-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #3273
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
It was uncomfortable this past weekend when we went to my mom's grave for 1st anniversary. Uncomfortable outside of the fact I already hate being there, and honestly couldn't even find her marker.

Dad's new wife showed up, and was initially staying in the car since she is sick and it was California Cold out. But she managed her way out there, and then lead us in prayers.

Her first husband passed about 15 years ago.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      02-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #3274
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Quote:

Holy cow...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #3275
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I do try to keep everyone entertained.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      02-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #3276
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I do try to keep everyone entertained.
Well, it is important you know. I learned that early on. It's how I keep most people on here distracted enough from discovering that in reality, I'm an ass.

Hee-haw.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #3277
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, it is important you know. I learned that early on. It's how I keep most people on here distracted enough from discovering that in reality, I'm an ass.

Hee-haw.
Me, too, I agree...

... unfortunately they saw through my feeble attempts pretty fast... lol
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-12-2019, 03:10 PM   #3278
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just got back yesterday, so replying now. No not a cruise - went there with family, my brother and I took my parents as a belated 40th anniversary present (because last year didn't work with our schedules), so with all our families combined there was 10 of us there.

Great time, did Airbnb, got a pretty good house, really good stay. Flight back home got cancelled when we were at the airport, so our stay was extended unexpectedly for another day, but WestJet put us up in a really nice hotel, so no complaints really.
I looked Curaçao up, didn’t really know where it was. Looked really cute in pics. There was a big ocean liner in one pic which is why I thought you might be on one... or just got kicked off one... har

That’s pretty cool of you and your brother to do that...
Appreciate 0