Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

02-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
dervin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xdrive35i, 2013 335is

Strange Radio Behavior on Car Startup

Hi All,
I've been searching for this issue and so far haven't found any posts regarding it.

The issue: On startup of my E84 2014 X1 xdrive35i occasionally, (about 1 of 3 times), starts with the radio on the lowest FM frequency on the dial instead of the last FM station I was listening to when I last turned the car off.

Clues: When this happens it usually takes about 5 seconds after the radio has started before pressing a preset button works. I've recently been working on another issue that requires removing battery power, and the radio keeps my presets and even starts on the last channel listened to when I return battery power.

I can't think of what might be causing this other than some type of a slow boot up of some ECU that might tell the radio which channel to tune. Has anyone had this issue, and more importantly, any ideas on what could be causing it?

Thanks for any responses,
dervin

Last edited by dervin; 05-31-2020 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: gramar
Appreciate 0