XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

01-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
Gigahorse
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2013 IDrive28X

Another case of Brake, ABS and Traction control lights

Hello,

So I have a BMW x1 2013 E84 with N20 engine. The ABS, traction control and brake lights came on. After doing some research, bought a used transfer control motor. After replacing, reprogrammed it with ISTA P, everything went great, all fault codes disappeared. Rechecked with ISTA D, all modules were green, no codes. Lights went away, but as soon as I got done and decided to take it for a spin, started the engine and all three lights came back. Connected my laptop, ran diagnostics, same fault codes. I repeated the process, the same thing happened. So I’ve read that I need to use Winkfp or NCS expert for reprogramming a used module, however, I am not sure I understand how to do it on e84. The software is confusing and I don’t just want to randomly click things since it can irreversible damage something.

Is there a step by step guide on how to factory reset the transfer case motor module it for E84? There seems to be a lot of info on how to program other models, but not for E84. Basically, what I gathered is that I need to update e89 daten which I did by downloading it from bimmergeeks, then use E89 in inpa. After this step, I am lost.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 06:16 AM   #2
kiloTHREE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 xDrive28i

I can't offer any help programming but I can confirm you need to register the new module.
One thing that can happen (it happened to me) is if the module shorts to ground, it can ground the canbus line and wipe out the rest of the modules. You then have to re-register all the rest of the connecting modules on the feed as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
Gigahorse
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloTHREE View Post
I can't offer any help programming but I can confirm you need to register the new module.
One thing that can happen (it happened to me) is if the module shorts to ground, it can ground the canbus line and wipe out the rest of the modules. You then have to re-register all the rest of the connecting modules on the feed as well.

How do you do that?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
Gigahorse
Rep

These are my error codes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:57 PM   #5
Gigahorse
Rep

So I put old transfer case motor and these are the codes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
Gigahorse
Rep

So I am at the point where I need to change out the whole transfer case. I bought a used one from a year newer x1 with less miles on it. After I put it on, is there anything I need to do in ista or any other programs so that the car recognizes it?
Appreciate 0