XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

08-11-2016, 02:28 AM   #1
nox1111
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X1 e84 Innovation

X1 e84 door handle lights missing

Hey guys,

I just bought my first BMW X1. When I test drove the vehicle at the dealer, it had door handle lights, and when I eventually got the vehicle, the left front and right rear LED's are physically missing, with only a small square cavity where they should be.

Their lot is on a busy road, and so my guess is that either someone snuck in and pried them out at night (considering what they cost to replace), or that they've somehow managed to drop them into the doors whilst doing the smash and grab window film and did not see it whilst closing up the doors.

Can anyone direct my towards a good reference for opening my doors from the inside - front passenger (Left) side, and right rear door, so that I can see if they are in fact inside the door.

If not, I may have to buy a couple of new ones and fit them; as I am way too anal to just let them be out.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Take a look on this forum - someone did a retrofit of those lights and I believe they had posted pictures of the process as well.

But my guess is they just fell in - they're on a wiring harness which i imagine is too big to fit through the cavity and would definitely need to be disconnected from the inside.
Appreciate 0