XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

05-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
Keiichi Tsuchiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep
Drives: 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno

Windows stopped working .. driver master switch?

Hi,
I have a 2014 BMW x1. About 2-3 weeks ago, my driver side switch would not bring windows down. I can't bring down driver or passenger or rear windows. If passenger sitting next to me pushes on the window button on their side, it will work. Just not from the driver master switch. I'm also assuming child lock was ON before (what I'm assuming) master switch died, hence that's stored in the memory. I'm guessing which is why I can't use rear window switches to bring down the rear windows. They should be down when I pressed master switch, but that's not happening either. What do you guys think is going on? is this (master switch) a common problem for this car? What should I do?

thank you in advance for you time
      05-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Keiichi Tsuchiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep
Drives: 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno

bump for answer?
      05-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
sumitcswami
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 28i

I had the same problem with my car too. I have a BMW X1 28i 2015, i think it is a common problem in this generation of cars. But mind you it is very weather sensitive too. It stopped working in the mid winter and started working again in the summer. Someone suggested me to check the fuses behind the glove box compartment to see if they are still intact. May be check there and it might help you if the fuses are damaged. There are some youtube videos about it.

I hope this helps you

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
kringer2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 28i xdrive

I don't thin k it is a common issue. I have not heard it before this. I would suggest you check the fuses and then check the switch. I don't know the specifics on the Pin outs. My guess is the passenger side has it's own supply but the rears must receive power or a power signal from the master. If the fuses are OK you could order a new mater switch but that is an expensive trouble shooting method.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 08:24 AM   #5
Mountain Arkie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 328CI 2013 X1

I purchased a 2013 X1. Owner said it had a bad window motor. Front passenger window will not move with either switch. Other three work correctly. Purchased a used regulator with motor and attached to wiring before installing. No movement. Shut the door. Wires look good. Lock and mirror work. All fuses good.
I had a BCM go bad on my 02 325ci. Could the FCM or BCM stop one window from working?
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2024, 07:47 PM   #6
Buljiver
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 x1 sdrive xline

Arkie did you figure out the issue for passenger window, I’m having same issue. Appreciate the solution
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 08:53 PM   #7
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

There are a few potential causes. When you hit the switch, do you hear signs of life indicating the regulator/motor is alive?

Going thru this now on wifey's car. In her case, the window sashes are both broken.