XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #4269
Chelsea_Tractor
Major General
Chelsea_Tractor's Avatar
No_Country
5355
Rep
6,132
Posts

Drives: X5M
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (1)

It depends on your age. If you're 78 you don't want to be caught with a 16 year old. Well what goes on the yacht stays on the yacht :

I would say it is more down to respecting her priorities. Her kid(s) will always come first and it's probably not a good idea for you to discipline them. Understand she's not looking for a dad. Stay clear of any drama with her ex if he is still on the scene. If he is I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole unless drama is your thing. The rest is basics of being trustworthy, supporting her and, always paying the check in the restaurant.

On a side note the average age of a single mom is 38. Apparently many men in their 20's go for a single mom in her 30's.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt815.50
Now_Rudi4770.00

      07-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #4270
andrewmr
Private
70
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2013 335
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bucks County PA.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
It depends on your age. If you're 78 you don't want to be caught with a 16 year old. Well what goes on the yacht stays on the yacht :

I would say it is more down to respecting her priorities. Her kid(s) will always come first and it's probably not a good idea for you to discipline them. Understand she's not looking for a dad. Stay clear of any drama with her ex if he is still on the scene. If he is I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole unless drama is your thing. The rest is basics of being trustworthy, supporting her and, always paying the check in the restaurant.

On a side note the average age of a single mom is 38. Apparently many men in their 20's go for a single mom in her 30's.

Single mom's in their 30's know stuff......
Appreciate 3
      07-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #4271
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
969
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RANCH AND CORN GET ME GOIN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
It depends on your age. If you're 78 you don't want to be caught with a 16 year old. Well what goes on the yacht stays on the yacht :

I would say it is more down to respecting her priorities. Her kid(s) will always come first and it's probably not a good idea for you to discipline them. Understand she's not looking for a dad. Stay clear of any drama with her ex if he is still on the scene. If he is I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole unless drama is your thing. The rest is basics of being trustworthy, supporting her and, always paying the check in the restaurant.

On a side note the average age of a single mom is 38. Apparently many men in their 20's go for a single mom in her 30's.
right, but i get what you're saying. I meant as in the "single mom" stereotype where they're like early 30s at most, those (or so i've heard) come with the most drama - not trying to get involved with that

i'm asking because i met this girl/woman the other day, she seems chill but she's 34, so about 13 years older than i am. not really looking to get involved (doubt she is looking for a relationship anyway) and we met at an event so i didn't get to learn more details. it seems like she's just on a rebound thing which i'm more than fine with, but how can i figure out if the ex is still on the scene?

don't really want to ask it flat out at lunch tomorrow but also if the guy is still around i don't want to get involved
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 12:38 AM   #4272
Chelsea_Tractor
Major General
Chelsea_Tractor's Avatar
No_Country
5355
Rep
6,132
Posts

Drives: X5M
Join Date: May 2013
Location: X

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
It depends on your age. If you're 78 you don't want to be caught with a 16 year old. Well what goes on the yacht stays on the yacht :

I would say it is more down to respecting her priorities. Her kid(s) will always come first and it's probably not a good idea for you to discipline them. Understand she's not looking for a dad. Stay clear of any drama with her ex if he is still on the scene. If he is I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole unless drama is your thing. The rest is basics of being trustworthy, supporting her and, always paying the check in the restaurant.

On a side note the average age of a single mom is 38. Apparently many men in their 20's go for a single mom in her 30's.
right, but i get what you're saying. I meant as in the "single mom" stereotype where they're like early 30s at most, those (or so i've heard) come with the most drama - not trying to get involved with that

i'm asking because i met this girl/woman the other day, she seems chill but she's 34, so about 13 years older than i am. not really looking to get involved (doubt she is looking for a relationship anyway) and we met at an event so i didn't get to learn more details. it seems like she's just on a rebound thing which i'm more than fine with, but how can i figure out if the ex is still on the scene?

don't really want to ask it flat out at lunch tomorrow but also if the guy is still around i don't want to get involved
If she's over him she will tell you herself. If it bothers you then ask in a way you would want to be asked. If anything changes and she sounds like she's not quite moved on then bolt. However, it takes one to get over one so you might be the one that makes her forget about the ex if there is one.

I found with these things. It works best if you focus on her, having a good time, making her feel good.. when you show her what good is then she we will think about what she missed out on and how she deserves better. Well most do but some do end up going backwards... again if you see that then bolt.

I guess signs she is not quite over him... she stalks him online... he's blowing up her cell or she's messaging him more... probably a lot more other signs.

One way to find out. Keep it cool and casual I say. See where it goes.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt815.50
Now_Rudi4770.00

      07-14-2019, 02:44 AM   #4273
Rmtt
Captain
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
816
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
If she's over him she will tell you herself. If it bothers you then ask in a way you would want to be asked. If anything changes and she sounds like she's not quite moved on then bolt. However, it takes one to get over one so you might be the one that makes her forget about the ex if there is one.

I found with these things. It works best if you focus on her, having a good time, making her feel good.. when you show her what good is then she we will think about what she missed out on and how she deserves better. Well most do but some do end up going backwards... again if you see that then bolt.

I guess signs she is not quite over him... she stalks him online... he's blowing up her cell or she's messaging him more... probably a lot more other signs.

One way to find out. Keep it cool and casual I say. See where it goes.

+1

Just be you....if the ex is still in the picture you will find out really quick. If so....just back out and tell her you don't want drama. Ex's can be bad news as while she may be over him.... you never know how he is feeling. He may think they are trying to work things out. But if she has stuff out on Social Media that show her having fun, partying, etc.....I would be sure he knows it's over.

Now the good thing about that situation. If all you're looking for is to have a good time among "other things".... this is the perfect scenario.

I can guarantee you she's not looking for anything else but the same thing. And if by chance she was looking for something more especially if she hasn't been split up too long.....those are the ones you run....not walk....but run from!
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Motorsports Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune..Milvs Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #4274
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
969
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RANCH AND CORN GET ME GOIN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
If she's over him she will tell you herself. If it bothers you then ask in a way you would want to be asked. If anything changes and she sounds like she's not quite moved on then bolt. However, it takes one to get over one so you might be the one that makes her forget about the ex if there is one.

I found with these things. It works best if you focus on her, having a good time, making her feel good.. when you show her what good is then she we will think about what she missed out on and how she deserves better. Well most do but some do end up going backwards... again if you see that then bolt.

I guess signs she is not quite over him... she stalks him online... he's blowing up her cell or she's messaging him more... probably a lot more other signs.

One way to find out. Keep it cool and casual I say. See where it goes.
thanks man, i just saw this but all in all i'd say she's pretty chill about it. i brought it up after she mentioned how her kid was at dad's place this weekend, she seems like she's pretty over it. I asked about the kid because she gave me her insta and it's like 50% pics with the little guy and 50% "i crave dick" pictures, and then from there just went towards getting an answer about the ex. by her admission she's over it because the ex was a cheater and ended up getting married to the other girl and she realized there's no point in getting hung up on him. didn't talk bad about him given the frame so that's one less red flag too


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
+1

Just be you....if the ex is still in the picture you will find out really quick. If so....just back out and tell her you don't want drama. Ex's can be bad news as while she may be over him.... you never know how he is feeling. He may think they are trying to work things out. But if she has stuff out on Social Media that show her having fun, partying, etc.....I would be sure he knows it's over.

Now the good thing about that situation. If all you're looking for is to have a good time among "other things".... this is the perfect scenario.
I can guarantee you she's not looking for anything else but the same thing. And if by chance she was looking for something more especially if she hasn't been split up too long.....those are the ones you run....not walk....but run from!
yes! i hoped she got that vibe when i told her i still had another year in my undergrad, and today at lunch it was made clear that we're just looking to hang over the summer. we'll see how stuff unfolds after i return to school maybe we'll stay in touch maybe not but at least for the time being both of us don't really want more than a summer fling.


lowkey she's really hot for a 34 year old

Now_Rudi I know it's not work hours so you're probably not around - please chime in
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 3
Rmtt815.50
Now_Rudi4770.00

      07-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #4275
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
4770
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
thanks man, i just saw this but all in all i'd say she's pretty chill about it. i brought it up after she mentioned how her kid was at dad's place this weekend, she seems like she's pretty over it. I asked about the kid because she gave me her insta and it's like 50% pics with the little guy and 50% "i crave dick" pictures, and then from there just went towards getting an answer about the ex. by her admission she's over it because the ex was a cheater and ended up getting married to the other girl and she realized there's no point in getting hung up on him. didn't talk bad about him given the frame so that's one less red flag too



yes! i hoped she got that vibe when i told her i still had another year in my undergrad, and today at lunch it was made clear that we're just looking to hang over the summer. we'll see how stuff unfolds after i return to school maybe we'll stay in touch maybe not but at least for the time being both of us don't really want more than a summer fling.


lowkey she's really hot for a 34 year old

Now_Rudi I know it's not work hours so you're probably not around - please chime in
My advice: Take advantage of the opportunity. A missed opportunity is just that. If it's nothing more than a fling and you have no drama to deal with, get that shit done!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt815.50

      07-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #4276
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
969
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: RANCH AND CORN GET ME GOIN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
thanks man, i just saw this but all in all i'd say she's pretty chill about it. i brought it up after she mentioned how her kid was at dad's place this weekend, she seems like she's pretty over it. I asked about the kid because she gave me her insta and it's like 50% pics with the little guy and 50% "i crave dick" pictures, and then from there just went towards getting an answer about the ex. by her admission she's over it because the ex was a cheater and ended up getting married to the other girl and she realized there's no point in getting hung up on him. didn't talk bad about him given the frame so that's one less red flag too



yes! i hoped she got that vibe when i told her i still had another year in my undergrad, and today at lunch it was made clear that we're just looking to hang over the summer. we'll see how stuff unfolds after i return to school maybe we'll stay in touch maybe not but at least for the time being both of us don't really want more than a summer fling.


lowkey she's really hot for a 34 year old

Now_Rudi I know it's not work hours so you're probably not around - please chime in
My advice: Take advantage of the opportunity. A missed opportunity is just that. If it's nothing more than a fling and you have no drama to deal with, get that shit done!
Oh that is 100% the plan! Just wanted to make sure I knew what to look for
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #4277
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
4770
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Oh that is 100% the plan! Just wanted to make sure I knew what to look for
You have a green light my man. Enjoy!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt815.50

      07-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #4278
Rmtt
Captain
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
816
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Oh that is 100% the plan! Just wanted to make sure I knew what to look for
Be sure to act all Na´ve and innocent at first. Let her think she is teaching you something! Then you rock her world.

In those situations, they tend to go out of their way to "prove" something.
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Motorsports Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune..Milvs Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #4279
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
4770
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Be sure to act all Na´ve and innocent at first. Let her think she is teaching you something! Then you rock her world.

In those situations, they tend to go out of their way to "prove" something.
This!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt815.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST