XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-13-2019, 02:16 AM   #23
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

C) Run and beat everyone to the tree, then laugh at their lack of competitiveness.
Appreciate 3
      08-13-2019, 02:46 AM   #24
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
What if it's a dude. Do you just ignore him and potentially bump into him to show your lady how "tough" you are? Do you let him pass as a nice guy (as that's what girls like anyways), or do you give him the evil eye to make him stop and let y'all pass?
Funny this comes up now. Being on vacation this week ...this has happened a lot. Just me and my wife and an approaching group of people. I guide my wife in front single file, but 99% of the time the other party is to inconsiderate to even give a thought about being considerate of others.

Lasted about 2 days. Now I still move enough to make room to pass, but just enough room that they have to concede a little as well. We can both compromise. If we get single-file...so can they. Those who won't move typically get "shoulder bumped" and by that point I don't care.

Nobody has said anything to me yet.
      08-13-2019, 03:26 AM   #25
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I let her figure it the fuck out, last I checked she was a grown ass woman and not a small child. Maybe we go single file, maybe stop and let the other woman pass, maybe stand our ground and make the other one get out the way, maybe we reevaluate the life choices that have lead us to this shitty situation where we are forced to walk down a shitty sidewalk full of shitty people like fucking peasants!!
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
kscarrol8775.50
      08-13-2019, 08:00 AM   #26
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

IMHO

The man should get behind his lady and control the situation. As a general etiquette rule, when there's danger (can be expected) the man goes first. When no danger ladies first.

Taking up more than half of the passage width, claiming the oncoming party's space is rude (unless you take up the space not claimed, an "excess" free lane). So is blocking the way to pass by. And, of course, taking up the oncoming party's lane without an apparent reason, just to claim freeing it for you is very rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
What if it's a dude. Do you just ignore him and potentially bump into him to show your lady how "tough" you are? Do you let him pass as a nice guy (as that's what girls like anyways), or do you give him the evil eye to make him stop and let y'all pass?
This is epic. They know they can't compete and still look for being smashed. It's so brave to play a victim by provoking.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #27
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
This calls for option C: Carefully steer your less attractive lady into the tree and proceed in the other direction with the new, more attractive woman.

If it's Wednesday....

D. Make the entire situations as uncomfortable as possible for everyone involved. Run up to the tree and begin yelling at it (drill sergeant style) for being in the way, make a complete ass of yourself; then run home alone.........and proceed to wack off. Then take a nap and enjoy the rest of your afternoon in peace.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      08-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Funny this comes up now. Being on vacation this week ...this has happened a lot. Just me and my wife and an approaching group of people. I guide my wife in front single file, but 99% of the time the other party is to inconsiderate to even give a thought about being considerate of others.

Lasted about 2 days. Now I still move enough to make room to pass, but just enough room that they have to concede a little as well. We can both compromise. If we get single-file...so can they. Those who won't move typically get "shoulder bumped" and by that point I don't care.

Nobody has said anything to me yet.
THIS!!! I'm notorious for bumping into people that refuse to move. If I make half the effort, they should do the same! If they don't, they get bumped into. The funniest part of this is I've bumped into some pretty big guys. I'm 42 and currently about 150 pounds. Some of the looks I get from guys, twice my size, is hilarious. They never say a word though.

This brings me to my favorite thing about going grocery shopping....bumping fools with my cart! If you are on your cell phone and too ignorant to watch where you are going, because you are face down in your phone, yep; you get hit with my cart. I will not stop walking, to avoid someone, if they do not take the initiative to watch where they are walking. It happens almost every time I go shopping now. It genuinely makes the shopping experience that much more enjoyable. The only exceptions are the elderly. Teenagers and young adults who act all too important looking at their phones and expect the world to revolve around them.....SMASH! I've hit some people pretty hard. Not once have I apologized. Once they look up, at who hit them, and realize what's happened, they get a cold, blank stare without a word. Once they walk away we, usually die laughing. I realize this makes me an asshole, I accept it.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      08-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #29
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
its same thing when your going down the isles at supermarket lol
I usually leave the cart next to the isle i need to go down without blocking isle, move to the side if someone is going by with cart.

i just move to the side, let the person pass. Not worthing getting into arguement if you bump into someone.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #30
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Let your lady walk in front, and as you and the stranger cross paths you must make eye contact to acknowledge what you did for her.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #31
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
THIS!!! I'm notorious for bumping into people that refuse to move. If I make half the effort, they should do the same! If they don't, they get bumped into. The funniest part of this is I've bumped into some pretty big guys. I'm 42 and currently about 150 pounds. Some of the looks I get from guys, twice my size, is hilarious. They never say a word though.

This brings me to my favorite thing about going grocery shopping....bumping fools with my cart! If you are on your cell phone and too ignorant to watch where you are going, because you are face down in your phone, yep; you get hit with my cart. I will not stop walking, to avoid someone, if they do not take the initiative to watch where they are walking. It happens almost every time I go shopping now. It genuinely makes the shopping experience that much more enjoyable. The only exceptions are the elderly. Teenagers and young adults who act all too important looking at their phones and expect the world to revolve around them.....SMASH! I've hit some people pretty hard. Not once have I apologized. Once they look up, at who hit them, and realize what's happened, they get a cold, blank stare without a word. Once they walk away we, usually die laughing. I realize this makes me an asshole, I accept it.
I approve this wholeheartedly! Except for laughing: people's dullness ain't funny to me. It's annoying and it puts me into a doubtful position as being confident you're smart is the (ultimate) proof of dullness actually. Yet I can't just "appreciate" it because I don't do it myself, rather avoiding conflicts as much as I can (and frequently regretting afterwards ) and encouraging would be mean (/sneaky ) therefore.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #32
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post

Lol.....I've done this too. One guy I ran the cart halfway up his hamstring because he stopped in the middle of the isle talking on his phone. He left no room for anyone to get around him.

I actually collapsed him down on one knee. He looked up so helpless....i had to say something. So I told him...."My Bad".
      08-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #33
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
OP, let your lady walk in front of you until you are past the other person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
its same thing when your going down the isles at supermarket lol
I usually leave the cart next to the isle i need to go down without blocking isle, move to the side if someone is going by with cart.

i just move to the side, let the person pass. Not worthing getting into arguement if you bump into someone.

When I encounter a shopping cart left in the center of the isle...... it gets moved to the end of the isle. Unless there's a kid left in it. If there's a kid left in it, they get a candy bar.....
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #34
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
A. The lady stays by your side as you allow the stranger to pass.
Lady chiming in here, this is the answer I would prefer as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
I have this come up often. I just place my hand on my wifes lower back and lightly guiding her in front of me letting the person pass. She know what it means, they aren't blind and realize the situation too.
This is also a great solution!

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #35
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Start cat-calling the lady walking towards you and ask her if she wants to be "yo side chic". Then if your lady exhibits displeasure with your extramarital courtship, slap her on the buttocks and exclaim "nah ima kidding bitch, you know you mah only hoe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Lady chiming in here
Fake news.
      08-18-2019, 12:45 AM   #36
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Since women like creativity,

I'd grow a beard. Pull out an ax and chop that fuckin tree down. Grab her and give her a I'm eating you face kiss. Throw her down. Grab the other chick, growl and kiss her too. Chug a beer. Whistle and call over my trusty steed. Hog tie both women. Toss em over the horse and ride off. Towing my new campfire wood.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 09:43 AM   #37
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

^ I'll have what he's having!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #38
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
^ I'll have what he's having!
testosterone? you want some testosterone?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #39
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

C. Shoulder check other lady and yell "Welcome to the Thunderdome"

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00