XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

05-12-2024, 12:42 PM   #1
Laurence1222
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 540i xDrive

2024 BMW 540i Special Order Wait Time in the US

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My order has been in the production que for 2 weeks, how long does this usually take?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 10:57 PM   #2
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
What status and what did you order that's special—or is it just your build but nothing Individual?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 12:32 PM   #3
Laurence1222
Registered
Rep

Step 3 in the production queue, by special I mean that it was an order, 2024 BMW 540i, 21" wheels, carbon black metallic color, nothing that would cause a delay. Place the order 5 weeks ago and it went into the production queue 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Laurence1222; 05-14-2024 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Correcting the time it was put into production
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #4
Navin_Johnson
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 m240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence1222 View Post
My order has been in the production que for 2 weeks, how long does this usually take?
Take a look at this thread on the 2 series section titled "Order status and timeline"

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1879389

The thread was started Nov. 2021, and has 267 pages to look through. I just joined a couple months ago after I ordered my first BMW, and have read through all the pages from February since I joined to get an idea of the timeline of the process. There are many members listing their timelines showing weeks and sometimes months of the car stopping at a step in the build. My car sat at Final Assembly for 3 weeks, then went to Ready for Transport for almost a month. It's on a ship right now on the way to a port and I'm tracking the ship it's on. BTW, the 2 series is built in Mexico. Some interesting reading, and a way to kill time while you're waiting for your car to show up. One thing to note is the app on your phone always seems to be one step behind reality. The My Garage section of the website might be a day or 2 behind what is really happening, but the app will be a step behind the website. Enjoy it once it gets here!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:26 PM   #5
Laurence1222
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin_Johnson View Post
Take a look at this thread on the 2 series section titled "Order status and timeline"

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1879389

The thread was started Nov. 2021, and has 267 pages to look through. I just joined a couple months ago after I ordered my first BMW, and have read through all the pages from February since I joined to get an idea of the timeline of the process. There are many members listing their timelines showing weeks and sometimes months of the car stopping at a step in the build. My car sat at Final Assembly for 3 weeks, then went to Ready for Transport for almost a month. It's on a ship right now on the way to a port and I'm tracking the ship it's on. BTW, the 2 series is built in Mexico. Some interesting reading, and a way to kill time while you're waiting for your car to show up. One thing to note is the app on your phone always seems to be one step behind reality. The My Garage section of the website might be a day or 2 behind what is really happening, but the app will be a step behind the website. Enjoy it once it gets here!
You're right, the app is two days behind the website with the tracking. The car has been dispatched from the factory!
Appreciate 0