XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #3257
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
midwest has it's own vibe and i like it though

man idk, i've seen her mom on insta and it could've been a worthwhile investment...
Um, that wasn’t where I was going with my apparently obscure joke, but good to know about her mom. What’s her asking price? Lol....
Appreciate 2
      02-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #3258
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Um, that wasn’t where I was going with my apparently obscure joke, but good to know about her mom. What’s her asking price? Lol....
i mean you can never know, right? would the range rover depreciate faster in the next 10 years or her when she hits 30?

but uh, i'll ask - want to go halfsies?
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #3259
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i mean you can never know, right? would the range rover depreciate faster in the next 10 years or her when she hits 30?

but uh, i'll ask - want to go halfsies?
Lol... pics?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #3260
Germanauto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Quote:
midwest has it's own vibe and i like it though
Well Chicagoland's economy is way more robust than Detroit's. Ya'll have multiple elite universities, a gigantic downtown, and many big firms in the area. It's an attractive location for millennials.

Metro Detroit rides and dies with the Big 3 automakers, which give crappy salaries and poor job security. Healthcare is big and there's a lot of babes in that, but that's not unique to here. I may be leaving for good in the next few months...not sure where to yet though. Looking forward to living around higher quality babes.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:28 PM   #3261
upstatedoc
pew pew
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Ok my girlfriends name is Wendy. Anyone have a problem with this?
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #3262
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Way too normal!
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #3263
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Chiming in from Curacao here - does she have an affinity for burgers and have red hair worn primarily in pony tails? Freckles too?
Appreciate 9
bimmette6239.50
kscarrol1932.00
MKSixer13474.00
Dang3r2387.50
upstatedoc2442.50
Quiet_Riot5479.50
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #3264
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I know it sounds elitist to comment on what she's studying but if she's so worried about money then get a useful degree you know? It's better to work hard and put yourself through necessary hardships than do something "fun" and count on some guy to take care of you.
My roommate is in that boat - did 2 degrees she thought would be fun (one a masters) and I'm now supporting her while she's studying real estate hoping to get into that. Regrets her studies, and wishes she had done something more practical to get a job.
Appreciate 5
Germanauto3133.00
MKSixer13474.00
Dang3r2387.50
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #3265
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So what I'm understanding is that she may have changed her mind and she wants me to ask her out. Is that correct? I'm not convinced, but no guts no glory...I'll ask her out on Sunday.

I'll get her something else for V day. I know want she likes. I'll take out the "friend" stuff out of my note.

Man, I hope this works. I get the feeling I'm headed towards a firing squad. Thanks guys and girls for the suggestions, even the VD one lol.
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go1875.00
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #3266
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Chiming in from Curacao here - does she have an affinity for burgers and have red hair worn primarily in pony tails? Freckles too?
Curacao, are you on a cruise?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #3267
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So what I'm understanding is that she may have changed her mind and she wants me to ask her out. Is that correct? I'm not convinced, but no guts no glory...I'll ask her out on Sunday.

I'll get her something else for V day. I know want she likes. I'll take out the "friend" stuff out of my note.

Man, I hope this works. I get the feeling I'm headed towards a firing squad. Thanks guys and girls for the suggestions, even the VD one lol.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together? Reminds me of that Friends episode where Rachel wrote Ross an 18-page letter and he never even read it all
Appreciate 2
Alfisti891.00

02-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #3268
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together? Reminds me of that Friends episode where Rachel wrote Ross an 18-page letter and he never even read it all
Lol, you are such a romantic...
Appreciate 1
bimmette6239.50

02-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #3269
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Quote:
Lol, you are such a romantic...
I am!!! But I'm also practical and straight to the point
Appreciate 2
Quiet_Riot5479.50

02-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #3270
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am!!! But I'm also practical and straight to the point
Lol on Ross... I think his 18 pages boiled down to “but we were on a break”

Oh,wait, that was her letter... nevermind...
Appreciate 1
bimmette6239.50

02-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #3271
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together?
I didn't spend Friday alone now did I?

Sometimes being deep and meaningful takes abnormal amounts of space. Those in the know appreciate it. Beethoven's Symphony 9 is over an hour long. I hope you enjoy your Kesha CD.
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #3272
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together?
I didn't spend Friday alone now did I?

Sometimes being deep and meaningful takes abnormal amounts of space. Those in the know appreciate it. Beethoven's Symphony 9 is over an hour long. I hope you enjoy your Kesha CD.
Yeesh, just teasing you! I like your happy story! But you're correct, I'd prefer Kesha over the symphony.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc2442.50

02-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #3273
Turkish Pickle
why? why not?
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive

Quote:

Good luck.
so how's everything now?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #3274
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
so how's everything now?
Just taking it slow. We live in different cities. We'll see what happens. I just got done with a 12+ year relationship. I'm in no rush, neither is she.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-11-2019, 07:19 AM   #3275
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:

Good luck.
Good luck to you. I met up with a childhood sweetheart at 47. We've been together 8 years now, engaged and bought a house. He always tells me we wasted so many years but I don't think so. I think had we been together back then, it wouldn't have worked. We were different people and needed to grow and go though our life experiences to make us who we are today.
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc2442.50
Now_Rudi5385.00
bimmette6239.50

02-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #3276
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Good luck to you. I met up with a childhood sweetheart at 47. We've been together 8 years now, engaged and bought a house. He always tells me we wasted so many years but I don't think so. I think had we been together back then, it wouldn't have worked. We were different people and needed to grow and go though our life experiences to make us who we are today.
That's an awesome story, I'm very happy for you. I'm of the same mindset in that I don't think I would have made a good spouse at age 26; I needed more time to mature and grow. Today is a completely different story, I'm more ready for it now than I ever have been.

Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go1875.00

02-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #3277
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
anyone got $70k tho? she's cute
Weekend rental, try it on for size.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5385.00

02-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #3278
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Update: We spent most of the weekend together.

I caught a cold late Sunday and I didn't go to work yesterday. She came by to check up on me and made me something to eat. She called me after leaving because she thought she saw the ambulance headed towards my place. I told her I was fine. She wanted to make sure I was okay because we're "friends."
Appreciate 0