XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #3257
******
Major
******'s Avatar
United_States
1324
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
idk where youre from in the midwest, but living with people from the suburbs of chicago i've gotten a fairly good idea of where's upper class and where's not
you'd be surprised how many of the north suburbs girls are looking for a rich husband...
one of my friends is fairly wealthy, you can tell. she outright said she'd marry me if i bought her a white on beige range rover...


anyone got $70k tho? she's cute
Lol.. I could see that marriage depreciating ...
Appreciate 2
      02-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #3258
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Big Pimpin
Bayerische Motoren Werke's Avatar
United_States
688
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA - Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Lol I guess I'm a bit oblivious then. I split time between metro Detroit and the Seattle area. In Seattle people are far more educated and ambitious, it's not even close.
midwest has it's own vibe and i like it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Lol.. I could see that marriage depreciating ...
man idk, i've seen her mom on insta and it could've been a worthwhile investment...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 3
******1324.00
Germanauto2458.00
Now_Rudi3466.50

      02-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #3259
******
Major
******'s Avatar
United_States
1324
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
midwest has it's own vibe and i like it though



man idk, i've seen her mom on insta and it could've been a worthwhile investment...
Um, that wasn’t where I was going with my apparently obscure joke, but good to know about her mom. What’s her asking price? Lol....
Appreciate 2
      02-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #3260
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Big Pimpin
Bayerische Motoren Werke's Avatar
United_States
688
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA - Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Um, that wasn’t where I was going with my apparently obscure joke, but good to know about her mom. What’s her asking price? Lol....
i mean you can never know, right? would the range rover depreciate faster in the next 10 years or her when she hits 30?

but uh, i'll ask - want to go halfsies?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi3466.50

      02-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #3261
******
Major
******'s Avatar
United_States
1324
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
i mean you can never know, right? would the range rover depreciate faster in the next 10 years or her when she hits 30?

but uh, i'll ask - want to go halfsies?
Lol... pics?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 09:35 PM   #3262
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2458
Rep
2,409
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
midwest has it's own vibe and i like it though
Well Chicagoland's economy is way more robust than Detroit's. Ya'll have multiple elite universities, a gigantic downtown, and many big firms in the area. It's an attractive location for millennials.

Metro Detroit rides and dies with the Big 3 automakers, which give crappy salaries and poor job security. Healthcare is big and there's a lot of babes in that, but that's not unique to here. I may be leaving for good in the next few months...not sure where to yet though. Looking forward to living around higher quality babes.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #3263
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
1367
Rep
1,909
Posts

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crisp, Baconia

iTrader: (2)

Ok my girlfriends name is Wendy. Anyone have a problem with this?
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #3264
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
1513
Rep
3,030
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Ok my girlfriends name is Wendy. Anyone have a problem with this?
Way too normal!
__________________
2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg.
1997 Z3 2.8, Artic Silver, Tanin Red interior, MT
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi3466.50

      02-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #3265
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
3154
Rep
1,299
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Ok my girlfriends name is Wendy. Anyone have a problem with this?
Chiming in from Curacao here - does she have an affinity for burgers and have red hair worn primarily in pony tails? Freckles too?
Appreciate 9
bimmette6095.50
kscarrol1512.50
MKSixer9850.50
******1324.00
Dang3r1722.50
upstatedoc1367.00
Now_Rudi3466.50

      02-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #3266
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
1339
Rep
2,338
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I know it sounds elitist to comment on what she's studying but if she's so worried about money then get a useful degree you know? It's better to work hard and put yourself through necessary hardships than do something "fun" and count on some guy to take care of you.
My roommate is in that boat - did 2 degrees she thought would be fun (one a masters) and I'm now supporting her while she's studying real estate hoping to get into that. Regrets her studies, and wishes she had done something more practical to get a job.
Appreciate 5
      02-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #3267
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1227
Rep
2,031
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So what I'm understanding is that she may have changed her mind and she wants me to ask her out. Is that correct? I'm not convinced, but no guts no glory...I'll ask her out on Sunday.

I'll get her something else for V day. I know want she likes. I'll take out the "friend" stuff out of my note.

Man, I hope this works. I get the feeling I'm headed towards a firing squad. Thanks guys and girls for the suggestions, even the VD one lol.
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go874.00
Now_Rudi3466.50

      02-10-2019, 12:14 PM   #3268
******
Major
******'s Avatar
United_States
1324
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Chiming in from Curacao here - does she have an affinity for burgers and have red hair worn primarily in pony tails? Freckles too?
Curacao, are you on a cruise?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #3269
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
6096
Rep
4,676
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So what I'm understanding is that she may have changed her mind and she wants me to ask her out. Is that correct? I'm not convinced, but no guts no glory...I'll ask her out on Sunday.

I'll get her something else for V day. I know want she likes. I'll take out the "friend" stuff out of my note.

Man, I hope this works. I get the feeling I'm headed towards a firing squad. Thanks guys and girls for the suggestions, even the VD one lol.
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together? Reminds me of that Friends episode where Rachel wrote Ross an 18-page letter and he never even read it all
Appreciate 2
******1324.00
Alfisti718.00

      02-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #3270
******
Major
******'s Avatar
United_States
1324
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together? Reminds me of that Friends episode where Rachel wrote Ross an 18-page letter and he never even read it all
Lol, you are such a romantic...
Appreciate 1
bimmette6095.50

      02-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #3271
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
6096
Rep
4,676
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together? Reminds me of that Friends episode where Rachel wrote Ross an 18-page letter and he never even read it all
Lol, you are such a romantic...
I am!!! But I'm also practical and straight to the point
Appreciate 2
******1324.00

      02-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #3272
******
Major
******'s Avatar
United_States
1324
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I am!!! But I'm also practical and straight to the point
Lol on Ross... I think his 18 pages boiled down to “but we were on a break”

Oh,wait, that was her letter... nevermind...
Appreciate 1
bimmette6095.50

      02-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #3273
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1227
Rep
2,031
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together?
I didn't spend Friday alone now did I?

Sometimes being deep and meaningful takes abnormal amounts of space. Those in the know appreciate it. Beethoven's Symphony 9 is over an hour long. I hope you enjoy your Kesha CD.
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #3274
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
6096
Rep
4,676
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
That's a very sweet story. But 7 pages??? Did you use font size 36? Because why does it take 7 pages to say, I love you and should have realized it years ago, so let's be together?
I didn't spend Friday alone now did I?

Sometimes being deep and meaningful takes abnormal amounts of space. Those in the know appreciate it. Beethoven's Symphony 9 is over an hour long. I hope you enjoy your Kesha CD.
Yeesh, just teasing you! I like your happy story! But you're correct, I'd prefer Kesha over the symphony.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc1367.00

      02-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #3275
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Big Pimpin
Bayerische Motoren Werke's Avatar
United_States
688
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA - Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
so how's everything now?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Hella happens dude
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #3276
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1227
Rep
2,031
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
so how's everything now?
Just taking it slow. We live in different cities. We'll see what happens. I just got done with a 12+ year relationship. I'm in no rush, neither is she.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi3466.50

      02-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #3277
cmyx6go
Captain
874
Rep
784
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I'm going to throw my $.02 in here with some very recent personal experience.

About 20 years ago, I met my soulmate while we were in college. We came together frantically, like a moth to a flame, and were inseparable. Immaturity on my part intervened, and we drifted apart. 15 years elapsed and we've recently reconnected. Our lives have taken similar paths. I recently had the opportunity to spend some significant time with her again after speaking with her on the phone for several months prior. We both realized that whatever force bound us together all those years ago is definitely still intact, and confirmed it when we were together.

Before I saw her, I wrote a seven page letter basically putting everything out on the table. It's a letter I should have written 15 years ago when I had the chance, but I was too chicken-shit to do it. After spending the day with her and having a complete mind-blowing of a day with the greatest woman I've ever met, I handed it to her and asked her to read it whenever she wanted. My entire arm was trembling when I gave it to her, because I knew I was really putting myself out on a limb and rejection is ALWAYS a very real possibility at any point in a personal relationship. She called me early the next morning and we spent the day together again.

I'm 43, and I now realize that when an opportunity presents itself you have to go ALL IN. You aren't ever guaranteed success, and heartbreak is a real possibility, but if you don't buck up and go for it you're guaranteed defeat. Don't make the same mistake I made 15 years ago, it's a life of agony.

Good luck.
Good luck to you. I met up with a childhood sweetheart at 47. We've been together 8 years now, engaged and bought a house. He always tells me we wasted so many years but I don't think so. I think had we been together back then, it wouldn't have worked. We were different people and needed to grow and go though our life experiences to make us who we are today.
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc1367.00
Now_Rudi3466.50
bimmette6095.50

      02-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #3278
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1227
Rep
2,031
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Good luck to you. I met up with a childhood sweetheart at 47. We've been together 8 years now, engaged and bought a house. He always tells me we wasted so many years but I don't think so. I think had we been together back then, it wouldn't have worked. We were different people and needed to grow and go though our life experiences to make us who we are today.
That's an awesome story, I'm very happy for you. I'm of the same mindset in that I don't think I would have made a good spouse at age 26; I needed more time to mature and grow. Today is a completely different story, I'm more ready for it now than I ever have been.

Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go874.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST