XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

05-07-2024, 09:59 AM   #23
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

BMWNA discontinued European Delivery strictly due to costs and low demand, just like any other business would do. You can still take delivery of a US-built SAV at the Performance Center, but even that has scaled down slightly.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 10:36 AM   #24
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet///M3 View Post
I know this is a long shot, but the reasons behind BMW choosing to stop offering Euro delivery is far behind us. BMW becoming one of the most sold cars in 2023 I'm sure they would consider bringing it black if enough of us were to email the CEO to reconsider the changes.

Im not sure how many of you would be still interest in this program but I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to go pick up the cars from the factory and drive on the best roads on this planet.

What do y'all think?
You can’t force them to do so.

You can ask politely.

Let us know what their response is.
      05-07-2024, 12:55 PM   #25
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fahrer View Post
Unfortunately if you want to European Delivery, you have to go with either Porsche or Volvo.
I didn't know about Volvo until my neighbor told me he is going next month to pick up a wagon through their Overseas Delivery Tourist Program
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 01:48 PM   #26
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
BMWNA discontinued European Delivery strictly due to costs and low demand, just like any other business would do. You can still take delivery of a US-built SAV at the Performance Center, but even that has scaled down slightly.
PCD is scaled down, but everything is now available. No more picking you up at the airport and putting you up for the night at the Marriott.

I don’t think low demand played much of a role in the demise of ED. I think the pandemic gave them a good excuse to cut costs. Based on posts on this forum and Bimmerfest I never saw any decrease in demand.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

05-07-2024, 03:56 PM   #27
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I didn't know about Volvo until my neighbor told me he is going next month to pick up a wagon through their Overseas Delivery Tourist Program
I know someone who did Euro delivery for a Volvo wagon, and loved the experience. Picture touring Europe in the new car, after all the bells and whistles of the factory experience. Plus, a few options (such as leather seat color) not available in a U.S. build were available in Euro delivery.
      05-07-2024, 08:28 PM   #28
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

In 2012, I took ED of my M6, drove it to the Nurburgring, and then had it shipped to the PDC in Spartanburg. Both were amazing experiences, and one of the best parts, is that with ED, there was a discount on the price of the car, which paid for the trip. The Porsche ED program has always cost an additional amount of money. Now I have just ordered an M8, specifying PCD, and I am hoping to combine that with M Driver's track day. It is unfortunate that ED is now gone, and will never come back, just like we will never again see the BMW-painted racing helmets they used to give as swag at M School -- still have mine.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983980.50
      05-07-2024, 11:03 PM   #29
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.74]
With the 2,3, and 4 series coming from Mexico and the Xs coming from South Carolina very little is left in Europe for US customers. Even the M cars are now made in Mexico.