XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

09-06-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Where did you hear this? There are price drops everyday for items. Granted not usually items like this. But what about the peopel who bought PS3's and then find out that their model became cheaper?

Sure the people who bought it first are getting the short end of the stick. But they did get to have the iphone first and use it first. You gotta pay to have what others dont.
word...
      09-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #24
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Where did you hear this? There are price drops everyday for items. Granted not usually items like this. But what about the peopel who bought PS3's and then find out that their model became cheaper?

Sure the people who bought it first are getting the short end of the stick. But they did get to have the iphone first and use it first. You gotta pay to have what others dont.
At least Sony wait more then 2 MONTHS before dropping their prices.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #25
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO1120 View Post
I hear the government is getting involved and trying to have Apple compensate for everyone who bought the phone at full price. I mean it's been about a month or two since the iPhone came out and all of a sudden to do a price drop. That's just F'd up!
Why ?? If you bought it for $600 and the price is now $400, then why should the gov't get involved. That's just fucking dumb.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

the reason the price dropped it due to big price drops in memory, it all supply and demand guy. Apple was able to negotiate better pricing and then pass it along.

Also, if any of you hear of the retail game, this is done every day in retail fashion, when new cloths show up on the rack they are at an inflated price for the first 6 weeks because they know that there are people who will pay more to have it first, then the slowly reduce the price to pick up the next group of buyers until the lower it so much they just pull it off the market.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #27
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

just saw it this morning....there u go....get ur $100 for the early birds.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

To all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.

First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
Apple CEO
      09-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #28
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO1120 View Post
Well...my brother has a Zune and it's pretty darn cool! Bigger then the iPod though but it's already got features that took the iPod 10 generations to get added.
i just bought the Zune Halo 3 edition. love the extra features! plus the design is so fucking awesome. i love it.

Zune FTW!
      09-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #29
Stephii_Rawr
xiao nini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' Lancer GTS

ew yucky not my style =]
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #30
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
im just a halo fan. and i mean, why not? my sister wanted my zune player so i just gave her the old one and got the halo 3 one.

different people got different tastes thats all...
      09-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #31
Johnny3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'd be pissed if they dropped the price like that and i had already bought one, but i really don't see how the government, or anyone else could say that they are doing something wrong. People paid what it cost at the time and now they are just jealous of people getting to pay the new price. Plain and simple bitterness. They'd still be bitter if they dropped the price that much six months from now. That's when they would normally drop it 100 bux or so. I'm glad i had zero desire to shell out 600 for the iphone, even though i think it's really cool. I might pay 400 for it....or not. I like the blackjack i got for $50
Appreciate 0